I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if EJ threw those balls he'd be getting roasted for his inaccuracy, etc.

And it wasn't just the deep balls. He was inaccurate throwing short outside throws too. I think I counted 3 balls to Woods that were a good 1-2 yards in front of him and in the dirt.

he did hit McCoy with the pass, McCoy had it in his hands and bobbled it. From one view shown later on the Hogan play it looks like he was pushed before the ball got to him.

There were plenty of throws that should have been thrown better,but there's no QB in the league that never throws bad passes in a game.

fully agree. the McCoy pass was fine. brady throws that and everyone in ne would be angry at the rb for dropping it. several of the other passes were into the wind. and lets not forget that brady had some pretty awful passes last nite and got pretty rattled. the int called back was a bad throw. is anyone here calling brady a joke?

tyrod had a rough game but it was nowhere near as bad as ej's London showing or multiple other ej games. tt is a middle of the pack nfl qb right now. he could progress to top 1/3 of the league. that would be considerrably better than anyone we've had in the last 15 years.

Stop with the EJ nonsense. Yes, many of us said EJ needed more time too, which he did. Then he got a bit more time and demonstrated that he had stopped improving. Once Taylor demonstrates that he has hit his ceiling, it will be fair to decide whether he is "the guy" or not. Right now, he's still ascending, or appears to be. That doesn't mean there won't be bumps along the road, which there are for EVERY SINGLE QB IN THE LEAGUE.

The main differences between Taylor and EJ have to do with ball placement, quickness of release, command of the huddle (unlike EJ, Taylor actually surveys the defense before the snap and points out adjustments - EJ DOES NOT DO THIS), and lack of turnovers. Whether Taylor can progress to the point of being "the guy" remains an open question. But to declare at this point that Taylor is NOT that guy is simply uninformed.

And it wasn't just the deep balls. He was inaccurate throwing short outside throws too. I think I counted 3 balls to Woods that were a good 1-2 yards in front of him and in the dirt.

Those were miscommunications or misreads - Taylor expected Woods to continue the route, and Woods stopped. That isn't inaccuracy.

Those were miscommunications or misreads - Taylor expected Woods to continue the route, and Woods stopped. That isn't inaccuracy.

Not once did I see Woods pull up on his route on those throws. He was running towards the ball but it was way too far in front of him. It might have been a timing thing but it wasn't that Woods quit on his route.

Edited by MDH

Not once did I see Woods pull up on his route on those throws. He was running towards the ball but it was way too far in front of him. It might have been a timing thing but it wasn't that Woods quite on his route.

Didn't you see Taylor motioning to Woods after the play that he was supposed to keep going? I certainly did.

Didn't you see Taylor motioning to Woods after the play that he was supposed to keep going? I certainly did.

No, didn't see it. I was probably too busy rolling my eyes at another Doug Flutie dirt ball. Even if Woods wasn't far enough along in his route those balls would have been at his shoe laces.

Still better than EJ, still the best QB on the roster, but he surely isn't the long term answer at QB.

I really wanted to believe, but he is another checkdown or scramble guy that can't consistently read the defense and throw down the field.

It's frustrating.

One tough game and you decide he sucks and will never be the guy? Sure glad you aren't coaching.

Does he struggle throwing from the pocket? Yes, at times he does. Does he revert back to some bad form of aiming the ball and putting too much air under it? Yes, he did that and it remains a criticism.

Is he hurt? Yes he is, and it is affecting his play. Does he make big plays? Yes he does, and also limits the picks, which is a huge deal.

Is he accurate? The YTD suggest he is.

Overall, a mixed bag. Certainly he isn't a sure fire pro bowl guy. Not yet, not even close. But I am not ready to say that he sucks or cannot improve.

He was bad vs. the Titans until the very end. He threw 3 INTs vs. the Pats the first time around which cost them. This isn't his 1st bad game. He's been good in some and bad in some, which is what you get with an inexperienced guy.

It's been consistently pretty rough around the edges, with connections vs incompletions on 2-3 deep balls weekly being the big difference in perception week to week.

No big turnovers, but also lacking some command, progressions, limited in the intermediate game, slow to trust reads.... But those can be improved, potentially.

We will see.

Too much whining about coaching IMO. This game is on the players because the coaches did well enough by putting the team in positions to win.

@YardsPerPass

Pats go to pass D was the 3 man rush with Dman sitting short middle spying TT... Dared him to win from the pocket all game, just like week 2

I agree on all counts. Expect other teams to try to keep him in the pocket when they know he has to throw. Taylor is going to have to improve that aspect of his game.