I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the other 10 guys and coaches also help beat the Chiefs? Or is this all on Tyrod?

We are all rooting for him to become the QB who can win these type of must win games that they always lose.

So it's a figure of speech when I say he has to beat the Chiefs tomorrow to start differentiating himself from the QBs who never got it done in Buffalo. Even if he plays badly, Taylor will have five more games to prove he's getting much better and there's a real future with him. But he does have an opportunity right here in front of him to stamp that he's not like the other guys.

We are all rooting for him to become the QB who can win these type of must win games that they always lose.

So it's a figure of speech when I say he has to beat the Chiefs tomorrow to start differentiating himself from the QBs who never got it done in Buffalo. Even if he plays badly, Taylor will have five more games to prove he's getting much better and there's a real future with him. But he does have an opportunity right here in front of him to stamp that he's not like the other guys.

Have you ever considered that when QBs win games singlehandedly that just maybe sometime else on the field, you know, makes plays?

When you're up by multiple scores and put up 200+ yards on the ground?

Seriously, how many times in the offseason did we say the following would be the formula for the season: get a QB who can game manage and worst and go on streaky runs of great play, run the ball down their throat and play lights out defense.

That's how the Seahawks did it 2013, that's how the Ravens and Niners did it in 2012, that's how the Giants did it in 2011 and 2007, and it's how CarolIna is 10-0.

Do you want to say we don't have the O-line, or that the defense hasn't been playing up to snuff? Fine. But this time last year I would have strangled someone for play like we've seen so far from Taylor.

I'm not saying Tyrod isn't our best option at QB right now. I'm saying that even though Tyrod has been decent, he is playing in a system that is designed to take him out of the game in his normal position as much as possible. It's not like he's completing 20+ passes every game and putting together passing drives every week. We either rush for 150 yards and win, or don't and lose. Tyrod just has to not puke on his shoes. And that's no long term answer at QB.

Edited by FireChan

I'm not saying Tyrod isn't our best option at QB right now. I'm saying that even though Tyrod has been decent, he is playing in a system that is designed to take him out of the game in his normal position as much as possible. It's not like he's completing 20+ passes every game and putting together passing drives every week. We either rush for 150 yards and win, or don't and lose. Tyrod just has to not puke on his shoes. And that's no long term answer at QB.

reallllly

So we are blaming the qb for the system now

reallllly

So we are blaming the qb for the system now

I'm not blaming him, it is what it is.

You can believe that the system is the cause, that Roman is tying down a golden-armed QB with this system, and that with Adam Gase, Tyrod would be throwing 250+ yards a game. I believe that the system is the effect. I believe that Tyrod would be much worse in a different system because he's just not that good and Roman's system is keeping him afloat.

I'm not blaming him, it is what it is.

You can believe that the system is the cause, that Roman is tying down a golden-armed QB with this system, and that with Adam Gase, Tyrod would be throwing 250+ yards a game. I believe that the system is the effect. I believe that Tyrod would be much worse in a different system because he's just not that good and Roman's system is keeping him afloat.

Agreed and it isn't even controversial. Tyrod is afraid to throw over the middle. Roman allows him to hand it off and throw short and to the sidelines all day and have ESPN randomly crown him depending on the week. It's a great situation for Tyrod.

I must say I am so amused reading this thread and all the comments on here from the guys that are hating on Tyrod but don't have the stats to defend their arguments. They are creating all of these far stretched and conceptually bankrupt claims nitpicking fine issues with his performances. Lmfao. I can't wait for another good performance from Tyrod so that I can read some even funnier arguments. Even if hypothetically NE traded us Tom Brady for a 5th round draft pick and he became our starter the same people hating on Tyrod here would find something wrong with Brady calling him too old or comment on how he throws too short passes and has bad deep ball accuracy and therefore the Bills shouldn't start him. Lmfao.

I must say I am so amused reading this thread and all the comments on here from the guys that are hating on Tyrod but don't have the stats to defend their arguments. They are creating all of these far stretched and conceptually bankrupt claims nitpicking fine issues with his performances. Lmfao. I can't wait for another good performance from Tyrod so that I can read some even funnier arguments. Even if hypothetically NE traded us Tom Brady for a 5th round draft pick and he became our starter the same people hating on Tyrod here would find something wrong with Brady calling him too old or comment on how he throws too short passes and has bad deep ball accuracy and therefore the Bills shouldn't start him. Lmfao.

I find it rather sad actually

These are actually supposed to be fans of the team....yet make every attempt to tear down their QB as much as they possibly can

Well anyway....I choose to root for the qb.......I will just have to live with it

Agreed and it isn't even controversial. Tyrod is afraid to throw over the middle. Roman allows him to hand it off and throw short and to the sidelines all day and have ESPN randomly crown him depending on the week. It's a great situation for Tyrod.

Except when he throws deep....which he tends to do a lot but anyway....

I find it rather sad actually

These are actually supposed to be fans of the team....yet make every attempt to tear down their QB as much as they possibly can

Well anyway....I choose to root for the qb.......I will just have to live with it

Except when he throws deep....which he tends to do a lot but anyway....

It's not tearing them down so much as being honest in my evaluations. I gave EJ no such "cushion" because I rooted for him to do well. It would make me a hypocrite to play favorites. Like you said, you aren't evaluating, you're hoping they do well. That's why there's a disagreement. Edited by FireChan

Let's put it this way.... When I see tryhard Taylor actually perform well wire to wire and carry a team to a win I'll give him credit. I just don't see that happening.

Right now, Taylor has been nothing more than a nice story about a long time backup getting his chance and doing an ok job with that chance. He has the opportunity today to get that first signature win under his belt and start changing perceptions that he's probably going to end up becoming a career backup QB. It may not be fair, but today's huge game will go a long way in determining Taylor's future with this team. We're all rooting for him to play great.

Of course fans will holler to have the first round draft pick QB to start. Just go back 2 years here and all the excitement and desire for EJ to start. Then if said rookie has a few bad games we'll label him a bust and call for him to be run off before his rookie contract runs out just as many (the same ones probably) are doing with EJ.

truer words....