I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

have we watched Bridgewater play? he stinks - much much lower than tyrod as a player. Bring in Kaep ? ya the guy Gabbert ripped the starting job from lets bring him in here. Lets let tyrod play another 6 regular season games and a couple playoff games and realize he's pretty good my only concern is durability

and this is why Bills should bring a guy in who might fit Romans methods.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that the complaint with TT? He has flaws and we are ready to give up after 8 starts. But we are willing to draft a middling college quarterback and deal with his flaws?? The wheel goes round and round.

Promo....to be fair we dont all feel that giving up on Tyrod is a good idea....:)

For my own part....Tyrod has shown enough to go into next season as our starter.....BUT.....look at where we sit? One hit away from trotting EJ Manuel back on the field (who has not won ONE game this year) increasing the talent pool at QB would be a good idea for multiple reasons and it has nothing to do with taking snaps away from Tyrod Taylor.

At this point....if Tyrod broke his arm I think he would try to hid it from the coaches to keep from being replaced.......BUT....we need to win to.

Nobody was more frustrated than me when we lost against the Pats holding them to 20 pts in their own home, and I was really disappointed in Tyrod despite being a fan of his. I since got over it. I suggest everyone else do the same and see how these next few weeks play out. I still have faith in Tyrod, and as heartwrenching as that loss was, it was easy to turn the anger at the guy under center who has become the face of the franchise. However, I got over it and I suggest the rest of you do as well.

I just wonder what people will say when Tyrod has 2 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD and 0 interceptions this weekend. Perhaps the mood on this forum will be back to figuring out how we can structure his big contract under the salary cap in order to keep other playmakers..... but then again it'll most likely be "He got lucky this time, time to figure out how to trade up and draft Cook or Lynch". :wallbash::wallbash:

Nobody was more frustrated than me when we lost against the Pats holding them to 20 pts in their own home, and I was really disappointed in Tyrod despite being a fan of his. I since got over it. I suggest everyone else do the same and see how these next few weeks play out. I still have faith in Tyrod, and as heartwrenching as that loss was, it was easy to turn the anger at the guy under center who has become the face of the franchise. However, I got over it and I suggest the rest of you do as well.

I just wonder what people will say when Tyrod has 2 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD and 0 interceptions this weekend. Perhaps the mood on this forum will be back to figuring out how we can structure his big contract under the salary cap in order to keep other playmakers..... but then again it'll most likely be "He got lucky this time, time to figure out how to trade up and draft Cook or Lynch". :wallbash::wallbash:

I just hope that we dont have a repeat of the Giants game where Tyrod scores points that are called back on penalties

To me that was the most frustrating game of the year.....because we SHOULD have won that game....against a quality opponent.

Why can't it be both. A big trouble spot was Bills putting all eggs into one QB basket who turned out to be mediocre and in the process they passed over decent Qs.

TT is the best prospect the team has had in a long time. But it would be foolish not to draft another prospect next spring.

Heres the flaw in your logic. If you have a stable of quarterbacks, you have no commitment to any of them. So each QB lacks the snaps in practice and game action required to develop. Instead you end up with the TBD mentality of just looking for flaws and giving up on player after player. So you end up with a merry-go-round of QBs, each getting a handful of starts and failing to satisfying the absurd expectations you've set. Meanwhile the rest of the team decays while we spin the wheel of quarterbacks season after season.

A prescription for endless failure.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Heres the flaw in your logic. If you have a stable of quarterbacks, you have no commitment to any of them. So each QB lacks the snaps in practice and game action required to develop. Instead you end up with the TBD mentality of just looking for flaws and giving up on player after player. So you end up with a merry-go-round of QBs, each getting a handful of starts and failing to satisfying the absurd expectations you've set. Meanwhile the rest of the team decays while we spin the wheel of quarterbacks season after season.

I'm sorry but exactly how have the Bills spun the wheel on the QB position? By nurturing talented prospects or by investing time & resources into mediocre players and not drafting other QBs while the experiment was ongoing?

Bills have employed one of the above strategies for the last 20 years, and it clearly hasn't worked. But go ahead and keep defending the past failures.

I'm sorry but exactly how have the Bills spun the wheel on the QB position? By nurturing talented prospects or by investing time & resources into mediocre players and not drafting other QBs while the experiment was ongoing?

Bills have employed one of the above strategies for the last 20 years, and it clearly hasn't worked. But go ahead and keep defending the past failures.

JP got run out of town! He went to the Pats and dominated because of the fans!

We need to make a committment to one QB no doubt.....but I feel that there is a flaw in logic to not have a 2nd QB on the roster that you can turn to in case of injury.

I think that is a equal choice for disaster.

When Alex Smith and Kaep were together in San Fran I felt like they pushed each other

We need to make a committment to one QB no doubt.....but I feel that there is a flaw in logic to not have a 2nd QB on the roster that you can turn to in case of injury.

I think that is a equal choice for disaster.

When Alex Smith and Kaep were together in San Fran I felt like they pushed each other

A second QB is a given. I was speaking against bringing in a herd of them. But also keep in mind what happens if you draft a QB in the first round. Everyone will want him to play. After all you used a first on him. So you are reseting the clock. And Tyrod will not stick around to be a backup again. So that new guy better be the answer.

Yeah because its a given he lights it up on the road this w/e. But if that one in a million happens and he underperforms in a loss that devestates our WC prospects, then watch what happens here. Edited by JTSP

A second QB is a given. I was speaking against bringing in a herd of them. But also keep in mind what happens if you draft a QB in the first round. Everyone will want him to play. After all you used a first on him. So you are reseting the clock. And Tyrod will not stick around to be a backup again. So that new guy better be the answer.

Like who?

Also, if Tyrod is bad enough to be the backup, who cares?

You will always have the fans who want to see their new bright shiny toy

A smart organization will sit him let him watch....hold the clipboard.....and ride the veteran (Tyrod)

Then....Tyrod gets dinged up somewhere in the middle of the season......a rookie clipboard holder comes in....flashes some talent and wins a game.....and goes right back to holding the clipboard.

When the said clipboad holder is truly ready (which would not be in the first year) a true qb competition happens......

Of course fans will holler to have the first round draft pick QB to start. Just go back 2 years here and all the excitement and desire for EJ to start. Then if said rookie has a few bad games we'll label him a bust and call for him to be run off before his rookie contract runs out just as many (the same ones probably) are doing with EJ.

Let's see how the next 6 games play out. If he finishes strong I wouldn't mind bringing him back next season, a lot of his issues seem to be issues that can be corrected with playing time. Of course he has to show that he is deserving of playing time by showing some sort of improvement in the next 6 games. He has been way better than expected, a guy that hasn't played much his pro-career looks like a capable pro-QB (With flaws of course). That's a lot for a guy who hasn't seen the bullets fly so to speak as a pro-QB.

If I was assessing this team I would actually give Tyrod another season but if he completely collapses in the next 6 games I would start looking at other options. Keep Tyrod in context, if you were seeing this level of play out of a rookie would you want to give him another season?