I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, if we had kept Fitz this entire time we probably would have made the playoffs at some point. Not b/c Fitz is great, but b/c he's alright. Tyrod is kind of alright...we definitely shouldn't give up on him until we actually have someone on the roster that proves to be better in games.

There's not much difference between Taylor and Fitzpatrick this year. If Taylor wants to differentiate himself from Fitzpatrick and the train of nobodies the Bills have had since Kelly then he needs to help them win these next couple of games.

If he can't get it done these next two weeks then I hope the Bills will start setting their sights on getting either Kaepernick or Brees in the offseason.

In my opinion, if we had kept Fitz this entire time we probably would have made the playoffs at some point. Not b/c Fitz is great, but b/c he's alright. Tyrod is kind of alright...we definitely shouldn't give up on him until we actually have someone on the roster that proves to be better in games.

It's In the biggest moments where Fitz is at his absolute worst. I'll have to strongly disagree.

It's In the biggest moments where Fitz is at his absolute worst. I'll have to strongly disagree.

My lady-friend is a Texans fan, and she laughed me off when I warned her about Fitztragic's penchant for making the big mistake in the biggest moment. She's not laughing anymore.

And, as a side note, next weekend will probably be the end of our relationship if the Texans win. :pirate:

Hell yes to Bree's. IMO I bet he can be had for a 2nd or 3rd. Saints are going to blow everythjng up.

$30m cap hit next year. You better be pretty convinced you can get him to renegotiate that for an extension if you do sign him but given that and given that he is a FA in 2017 if the Saints let him go (still not sure they will) I think they will get less than a 2nd for him. A 3rd tops.

Screw the cap hit.

You get a guy like Bree's here and we are a legit Super Bowl contender next year.

I wasn't saying don't go after him. I was saying making it work is really tough but also that I think it would take less than a 2nd because of that hit and it being the final year. How much is a one year $30m rental of an old QB - even an old elite QB - worth? A 3rd? A 4th?

Kaep over brees with the much more favorable contract. Kaep definitely deserves another shot some where else. He took 9ers deeper in playoffs than brees took chargers. I thouhnt i was seeing progress on his reads and pocket presence.

You thought wrong. No to Kaepernick and there is I would say almost no chance Roman wants to go there again.

Does anyone on here watch any other NFL football besides the Bills? Try comparing Tyrod's performance with some of the other QB's in the league. They all miss open receivers from time to time. If you are looking for a QB who never misses an open receiver, then good luck with that. They all do it. Tyrod has been more than adequate and he gives us a chance to win virtually each and every game that he plays in. I haven't seen a single game where he has cost us a win because of poor play. I have seen him make plays that have helped us win games. Plays that other QB's mostly do not make. For my money TT is the man and I'm sticking behind him until he actually plays poorly enough to cause us to lose some games. Haven't seen it yet.

Edited by xsoldier54

Screw the cap hit.

You get a guy like Bree's here and we are a legit Super Bowl contender next year.

Saving cap space helped get John Idzik fired with NYJ not long ago. Some teams, NE for example, make moves that seem heartless and cold. Yet, it's that mindset that needs to happen to clear space for the important positions.

It's amazing that the Bills continue to spend huge resources such as high picks and cap space on the WR and RB positions year after year. Yet, it doesn't get them closer to making the playoffs. If a guy like Brees has gas in the tank you find a way to acquire him on a rental the way Arizona did with Carson Palmer or Denver with Peyton Manning.

Players careers are being wasted while the Bills fumble around trying to get a QB. Acquiring a veteran would sure make guys like Sammy, Robert Woods, and Charles Clay happy. They're watching their careers suffer because the starting QB can't read a defense and/or the staff doesn't trust him to make throws downfield other than the sideline.

Edited by BillsVet

They could find a way to make it work.

Bingo.

Get rid of some high priced skill players if that's what you have to do.

Those guys can be plugged in and not miss a beat if your QB is among the best in the league.

What about a straight up trade of Mario for Brees? Would the Saints go for that does anyone think? I still think it is unlikely they cut ties but if they do we should explore ALL avenues to try and make it happen.

Taylor doesn't check down much at all.

Seriously?

Looks to me like TYrod does his fair share of checking down.

Even from pre season I noticed there is an element of Captain Crackdown in his game. Not a full blown Captain Check down. Perhaps Second Luitenant Checkdown, or perhaps Master Sergeant Check down.

Not criticizing, and not necessarily a bad thing, just an observation.

Edited by reddogblitz

Seriously? Looks to me like TYrod does his fair share of checking down.

Even from pre season I noticed there is an element of Captain Crackdown in his game. Not a full blown Captain Check down. Perhaps Second Luitenant Checkdown, or perhaps Master Sergeant Check down.

I think all QBs check down.....and Tyrod does to....but he has a willingness to go deep that overshadows it

Saving cap space helped get John Idzik fired with NYJ not long ago. Some teams, NE for example, make moves that seem heartless and cold. Yet, it's that mindset that needs to happen to clear space for the important positions.

It's amazing that the Bills continue to spend huge resources such as high picks and cap space on the WR and RB positions year after year. Yet, it doesn't get them closer to making the playoffs. If a guy like Brees has gas in the tank you find a way to acquire him on a rental the way Arizona did with Carson Palmer or Denver with Peyton Manning.

Players careers are being wasted while the Bills fumble around trying to get a QB. Acquiring a veteran would sure make guys like Sammy, Robert Woods, and Charles Clay happy. They're watching their careers suffer because the starting QB can't read a defense and/or the staff doesn't trust him to make throws downfield other than the sideline.

I will say it again

If anyone has the store where cant miss QBs are kept and pick one off the shelf....I will gladly put in for gas money for your tank.

Its just not that damn easy

They could find a way to make it work.

Bingo.

Get rid of some high priced skill players if that's what you have to do.

Those guys can be plugged in and not miss a beat if your QB is among the best in the league.

Please tell us how they are to make that work......