I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of these recent ideas are atrocious.

Bring in Kaepernick? Wow, NO. I'm the one that made this thread about TT sucking, and I'd still rather have Tyrod than Kaep.

Bring Brees? Just find a way to clear $30M? NO. Get a grip on reality. What next, wave the magic wand and bring in Cam Newton?

Even if I hate to admit he's not as good as I hoped he was, Taylor is the best the Bills are going to do for the short term future. Ride with Taylor, pray that he improves but accept that it's not probable. Draft a guy with the intention of him sitting behind Taylor next year, and see how the 2016 season pans out. That's the reasonable option.

(this coming from the guy that started this thread)

I have no !@#$ing idea, but if a top 5 QB like Drew Bree's is available you make it work some how. I have no idea what true Bills cap situation is going to be in the offseason do you?

Have you heard of Google?

If you put in NFL Salary Cap, this site is the very first result.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Click on the 2016 tab.

It has been quite a while before the bills actually developed a QB

So true, as they haven't had a decent prospect to develop. Their QB draft record since Kelly has been abysmal, and in the end not a damn one of them has been good enough to be able to be developed.

I have no !@#$ing idea, but if a top 5 QB like Drew Bree's is available you make it work some how. I have no idea what true Bills cap situation is going to be in the offseason do you?

Salary cap information is easy to find

and once again I will say....if you want to B word about what the bills are not doing....but cant provide even anything to the discussion of HOW u might fix it....then your opinion doesnt mean much

Care to join that discussion?

So true, as they haven't had a decent prospect to develop. Their QB draft record since Kelly has been abysmal, and in the end not a damn one of them has been good enough to be able to be developed.

Having an excruciatingly impatient fan base, and a revolving door at the HC position doesn't help....

Edited by Buftex

Not that it matters, but for accuracys sake, it's a much lower cap hit for a team trading for him (not responsible for signing/restructure bonuses that would stay in Nola)

I just dont think that the bills are going to go away from the overall plan of how to biuld the team and that would be doing that

Biuld the D (and yes....the D has NOT been as dominant as last year.....but is showing signs of getting there...the job they did against New England was VERY good)

Run the ball.....a lot

This doesnt leave a huge amount of salary cap for a Drew Breez type QB.......they are probably REALLY hoping Tyrod Taylor can progress and be more like a top 10 type QB......and find a QB that can win 3 games a year behind him.

Having an excruciatingly impatient fan base, and a revolving door at the HC position doesn't help....

The only thing wrong with this, is that NONE of the ex-Bill QB's have gone on to have success anywhere else. They all have sucked, and it wasn't the fan's, or the coach's fault.

Referring to the Bills' fanbase as "impatient" is an insult. They are certainly no more impatient than any other fan base, and probably more patient.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Salary cap information is easy to find

and once again I will say....if you want to B word about what the bills are not doing....but cant provide even anything to the discussion of HOW u might fix it....then your opinion doesnt mean much

Care to join that discussion?

Bridgewater and Carr were available to us. This franchise could have traded down and still have acquired each of these qb prospects who are going to be entrenched franchise qbs for a long time. Instead the Bills traded up by giving away the following year's first round pick. Without a doubt they selected a premier receiver talent who they can't seem to get the ball to to make use of his sterling skills.

Is Taylor the answer at qb? I don't know. He has some good passing abilities and some questions regarding his ability to read defenses. By the end of the season this organization should have a better grasp on what they have at qb.

My central point is that this franchise has had reasonable opportunities to acquire a good qb prospect. They failed to seize the opportunity when it was presented to them. They invested in EJ and it hasn't worked out. They need to keep at it until the qb issue is resolved because little else matters unless you have a credible starting qb.

I just dont think that the bills are going to go away from the overall plan of how to biuld the team and that would be doing that

Biuld the D (and yes....the D has NOT been as dominant as last year.....but is showing signs of getting there...the job they did against New England was VERY good)

Run the ball.....a lot

This doesnt leave a huge amount of salary cap for a Drew Breez type QB.......they are probably REALLY hoping Tyrod Taylor can progress and be more like a top 10 type QB......and find a QB that can win 3 games a year behind him.

Like I said, it doesn't matter. I'd be SHOCKED by that move. Was just chiming in that the 30m wasn't accurate for other teams, just the saints.

As to your plan: unless I'm not understanding, it's terrible. Any unchallenged starter will be getting stupid money within about 3-4 years. The only exception being the extra year on first round contracts.

At some point your paying, so hopefully that ends up being a top 3-4 guy and not a dalton/tannehill/whoever else in the entrenched starter but not franchise cornerstone category. If tyrod gets his 20m lets hope he can carry a team convincingly

Spoken like someone who doesnt have a clue how NFL salary works....

but thats ok

I don't know how the salary cap works ether. But somehow the Broncos were able to sign Peyton Manning and a bunch of other FAs too.

If Drew were to be available and he wanted to come here, I'm sure a professional capologist could work it out. Oh, and if that meant we couldn't re sign Gilmore and Nigel Bradham, oh well.

Edited by reddogblitz

Like I said, it doesn't matter. I'd be SHOCKED by that move. Was just chiming in that the 30m wasn't accurate for other teams, just the saints.

As to your plan: unless I'm not understanding, it's terrible. Any unchallenged starter will be getting stupid money within about 3-4 years. The only exception being the extra year on first round contracts.

At some point your paying, so hopefully that ends up being a top 3-4 guy and not a dalton/tannehill/whoever else in the entrenched starter but not franchise cornerstone category. If tyrod gets his 20m lets hope he can carry a team convincingly

and when does that decision get made? to pay him or not to pay him ?

we have nothing else right now.

I don't know how the salary cap works ether. But somehow the Broncos were able to sign Peyton Manning and a bunch of other FAs too.

If Drew were to be available and he wanted to come here, I'm sure a professional capologist could work it out. Oh, and if that meant we couldn't re sign Gilmore and Nigel Bradham, oh well.

I like the trade Mario scenario. as long as they throw in a mid level draft pick. New scenery Mario is going to take off. bookit..

and when does that decision get made? to pay him or not to pay him ?

we have nothing else right now.

I like the trade Mario scenario. as long as they throw in a mid level draft pick. New scenery Mario is going to take off. bookit..

It starts with the Chiefs and Texans games.

Win those and coast the Bills to the playoffs then Taylor will get a big payday. Lose them and the Bills will be adding a veteran QB to the mix like Kaep or RGIII.

Win those and coast the Bills to the playoffs then Taylor will get a big payday. Lose them and the Bills will be adding a veteran QB to the mix like Kaep or RGIII.

Well i think he needs to turn it around at the Chefs in Arrowhead. But i dont think that is when you decide his value to the team.

I think the Bills need to add two regardless. EJM is probably gone, and the other guy is who?

at this point in my fanhood, i would be pleased to have TT as a Very good back up. But i sincerely hope by seasons end we are looking for a FA back up and drafting for the future.

Big payday? Its a tough call at this point from the fans point of view,

Adding Kaep or RG3 to the mix is vomit inducing. I'd rather see this team go all in with a rookie QB drafted high then try and turn someone else's trash into treasure yet again.

everytime an old qb is talked about nobody wants them, like theyre all already over the hill. This was said by many people here on the board of...

Kurt Warner

Drew Breeze

Philip Rivers

Carson Palmer

and even,

Ben rothesberger...when he was having his problems.

yet people wanted VICK! because he was younger i guess?

well alot of those old guys actually played in or won superbowls. How did Vick turn out?

I see now Carson is still a top qb 5 years after leaving cincy and being a has-been. Guess Arizona doesnt mind superbowls with old QB's while we miss the playoffs every year waiting for "the guy"

I think that id take an old qb for 2-3 decent years of football, rather than sink or swim with the next rookie.

Please figure out a way to get a quality qb next year oh dearest management. I can already see Tyrod will never be a top qb. Never. A good back up though.

If we need to give away Mario to get it it done then by all means, I wont miss him not playing the run. Or him not getting his uniform dirty.

Edited by enlightener

Adding Kaep or RG3 to the mix is vomit inducing. I'd rather see this team go all in with a rookie QB drafted high then try and turn someone else's trash into treasure yet again.

I don't just see any QBs in the draft (picking where they're picking) that would be worth anything to the Bills for at least two years down the road.

Kaep and RGIII have both performed at a high level in the league. I see no reason not to want either being brought into the QB mix. I still think you draft a QB though in rd 3-5 to develop. That way you have Taylor who seems to be your baseline average-below average starter, the FA reclamation project Kaep or RGIII and a rookie. That's a decent 2016 QB scenario IMO.