Tyrod Taylor stats

He needs to learn how to avoid taking hits. He doesn't know how to slide and he doesn't get out of bounds when he should. If he gets hurt and we have to watch EJ crap all over himself again and kill our playoff hopes, I'm going to break my tv.

Haha this is great. While I agree with the second part, I say let the dude play how he knows. What he's done his whole college and pro career has gotten him to this point. Let the man run the ball.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs to learn how to avoid taking hits. He doesn't know how to slide and he doesn't get out of bounds when he should. If he gets hurt and we have to watch EJ crap all over himself again and kill our playoff hopes, I'm going to break my tv.

Is is all true.....well no actually none of it is true

- TT is very good at avoiding hits

- TT was sliding and getting down all damn day today and not looking for extra yards

No doubt. But in all fairness Tannehill must have completed nearly 20 passes in a row at one point as well.

And even though I really don't think seeing TT throw 30 times per game is the right fit for him just yet.......Greg Roman took a much less refined QB to the SB with SF.

Too bad Rex D has been sh*t.

The pass rush has been painful to watch. Flipping hughes to the LDE spot worked, though, and i applaud it even if it was perhaps an act of unthinking desperation.

- TT was sliding and getting down all damn day today and not looking for extra yards

Yes, he was sliding. Face first and at the last second, where defenders can still roll up on him without worrying about a late hit penalty. That's not a recipe for staying healthy.

If you read what I wrote, I said that he needs to learn how to slide.

Edited by QB Bills

Thanks. Hw come they waited so long to execute it?

I think it was a combination of Kyle being out, the Fin OGs being bad, Hughes abusing Fox before when he subbed on other side, and Albert being pretty good. So Rex moved Mario inside, forced Pouncey to help the guards, and let Hughes feast on Fox again who couldnt handle the speed. Edited by Kelly the Dog

Yes, he was sliding. Face first and at the last second, where defenders can still roll up on him without worrying about a late hit penalty. That's not a recipe for staying healthy.

If you read what I wrote, I said that he needs to learn how to slide.

Its football man....Tyrod is who he is.....

I saw him going out of bounds.....and sliding when defenders got close.

He was sliding head first most of the time. The D is actually within the rules to tag him when he does so. The Phins didnt do it, other Ds might not be so nice. He needs to start sliding feet first.

Its football man....Tyrod is who he is.....

I saw him going out of bounds.....and sliding when defenders got close.

I hear you, but being who he is will get him injured sooner or later. I think he needs to be smarter about avoiding hits. The coaches need to stress this also. For example, the play in Tennessee on that long 3rd down conversion, he already had the first down after scrambling then went for an extra few yards and get bent over backwards. Completely unnecessary.

He's got a lot of talent and a great attitude, and has only started 6 games in his career (less than half of EJ). The sky's the limit for the guy but he has to do everything in his power to stay on the field.

One of the best things about him is he leads the receivers perfectly. It allows for a lot YAC and gives the playmakers plenty of opportunity to make the plays. He also throws a really good long ball, again almost always putting it right where it needs to be.

I'm not saying he's our guy yet. But, he's looking like a true diamond in the rough and has tons of upside.

He's definitely our guy. He just needs more consistency around him with the offensive line, his WR play and defense. If we can get our defense from last year and this offense from this year with a more dominant o-line. We're a super bowl team

TT is now fourth in the league in passing, behind Brady, Dalton and Carson Palmer, and just ahead of Aaron Rodgers. His rating is 108.9. Brady leads the league with 113.5. He's thrown 10 TDs to 4 INTS, which is good. His YPC is an excellent 8.6 which is tied for second in the league and a little better than Brady. He is basically leading the league in completion percentage with 71.8 (if you count an arbitrary over 100 completions, Wheedon has less but a little higher percentage but he's only played 2-3 games).

This is, of course, not counting the running, which is one of his best assets.

He's also 4-2 as a starter.

Sure he is not a franchise QB yet, and we don't know if this will continue. But it's rather freaking remarkable at this stage of the season. And you can't say he's a fluke because he's consistently thrown an extremely accurate long ball and all passes for the most part.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?akmobile=ios-tablet&akmobile=ios-tablet&akmobile=ios-tablet&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&akcarrier=other&akcarrier=other&akcarrier=other&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE

So he's not a franchise QB yet, huh. Let me ask this: if Tyrod was a #1 pick in the 2015 draft with these stats instead of a 4-year backup, would we not declare him our savior? Pedigree trumps performance, doesn't it? Edited by PromoTheRobot

Guy is accurate, efficient despite our o line getting blown up. I would have liked to see some screens or quick passes to clay to stop those rushes but I'll take what he did today any day of the week. He's developing and I can see him going for the 30-40 balls a game next year as he continues to develop. We're doing it the right way with him.

So he's not a franchise QB yet, huh. Let me ask this: if Tyrod was a #1 pick in the 2015 draft instead of a 4-year backup, would we not declare him our savior? Pedigree trumps performance, doesn't it?

There are really two definitions of "Franchise QB." Guys who are drafted in the top 5-10 are always labeled franchise QBs because that is what is hoped from them or expected from them. When Winston or Mariota are drafted they would be called franchise QBs because of the draft. But no one would say that either of them is a guaranteed "franchise QB" or are playing like a "franchise QB" which is obviously the second definition. TT is only to be considered by the second definition and only the most delusional would say after six games he's a mortal lock to be a franchise QB, which usually infers he will be the leader for a decade