Tyrod Taylor stats

Let's see how many ways he can accomplish "doing what he needs to do"

So far that sample is really small and a couple of them are not long term answers that can be counted on regularly.

Will he be able to win 40 attempt shoot outs with any regularity?

Will he be able to pick up a cue in a defense and audible us into the right read?

Will he be able to call his own plays in a 2 minute drill?

Will he be durable enough to win enough games to get us to the playoffs?

He was efficient today, and did all he was asked but in the context of what was going on around him, and what was asked- he aced an easy open book test. That's not saying he can't do it all just that there's a whole lot more to show he can do and do consistently.

That's what I started out saying. I know, of course, he is not a franchise QB and its self evident that the sample size is too small. What I'm objecting to is saying or implying that in games like this because he only threw 12 passes that it's not something they can do and win and that he has to throw more. My point is that they weren't holding him back or protecting him or keeping his passing down because they are worried he can't handle it. They threw 12 passes because they were so efficient and ran so well and he killed them with two bombs. That kind of play, doing what you need to do, is sustainable. We don't know if he can keep it up though.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've brought this up before. But the announcers today couldn't stop themselves from saying what a great runner Ajayi is and he's such a bruiser and power runner and basically said he's indestructible. He's 6'0 216. Tyrod is 6'1" (maybe) 215.

Someone else brought up (somewhere) that he's about the same size as Melvin Gordon. But QB's are not as durable as RB's, and MUCH harder to replace. MUCH!

Let's see how many ways he can accomplish "doing what he needs to do"

So far that sample is really small and a couple of them are not long term answers that can be counted on regularly.

Will he be able to win 40 attempt shoot outs with any regularity?

Will he be able to pick up a cue in a defense and audible us into the right read?

Will he be able to call his own plays in a 2 minute drill?

Will he be durable enough to win enough games to get us to the playoffs?

He was efficient today, and did all he was asked but in the context of what was going on around him, and what was asked- he aced an easy open book test. That's not saying he can't do it all just that there's a whole lot more to show he can do and do consistently.

And people tell me that I am too critical of vets like McCoy. :lol:

There is no doubt that Taylor is not the same type of QB as Brady, Roethlisberer, Brees or Rivers.

Those guys consistently play their game, week in and week out.

But TT's ability to make game changing plays with his feet has been huge.

It's not just the yardage and the conversions he gets running the ball.......his presence as a run threat diffuses an attacking defensive front and opens up lanes in the running game.

He's a work in progress but it's hard to expect any more than what he has done from such an inexperienced player.

Of the things you mentioned, I am most concerned about him staying healthy.

I think the rest of the QB game will come to him.

Someone else brought up (somewhere) that he's about the same size as Melvin Gordon. But QB's are not as durable as RB's, and MUCH harder to replace. MUCH!

i did. He's the same size as Gordon. And Tyrod is known to be super tough and strong. He works out with Kaep in the off season and the owner of the facility said those two guys are the toughest guys he's seen. Yes he's not used to getting hit. Yes I want him to slide and run OB whenever he can. I don't think he is frail. Rg3-n-out is frail. His body and especially legs are skinny. Tyrod, and Wilson, are short not small or not sturdy. Big difference.

i did. He's the same size as Gordon. And Tyrod is known to be super tough and strong. He works out with Kaep in the off season and the owner of the facility said those two guys are the toughest guys he's seen. Yes he's not used to getting hit. Yes I want him to slide and run OB whenever he can. I don't think he is frail. Rg3-n-out is frail. His body and especially legs are skinny. Tyrod, and Wilson, are short not small or not sturdy. Big difference.

I'll believe anyone who can get the dog to wear the hat and the shades. :)

But I still wish he'd duck more!

Not because he sucks, but because I want to see more of him.

If I knew where to get the shades, I might test my Golden. She's a sweet little thing that might just let it happen.

When I had Jim Kelly the dog, who was an all time great dog, a yellow lab, I also had a black cat. He was very cool and never minded anything. At the time Baskins Robbins served sundaes in upside down plastic football helmets as the cup. Like collectibles. I got a Bills helmet, complete with face mask, and it fit perfectly on the cat's head. He was too cool so he didn't mind wearing it. And I would forget he had it on and then sometimes people would come over and look at the couch with the cat just sitting there wearing a plastic Bills helmet with face mask. It looked great. ;)

And people tell me that I am too critical of vets like McCoy. :lol:

There is no doubt that Taylor is not the same type of QB as Brady, Roethlisberer, Brees or Rivers.

Those guys consistently play their game, week in and week out.

But TT's ability to make game changing plays with his feet has been huge.

It's not just the yardage and the conversions he gets running the ball.......his presence as a run threat diffuses an attacking defensive front and opens up lanes in the running game.

He's a work in progress but it's hard to expect any more than what he has done from such an inexperienced player.

Of the things you mentioned, I am most concerned about him staying healthy.

I think the rest of the QB game will come to him.

And ... He had zero incompletions after the first play of the game. Worth considering, no?

When I had Jim Kelly the dog, who was an all time great dog, a yellow lab, I also had a black cat. He was very cool and never minded anything. At the time Baskins Robbins served sundaes in upside down plastic football helmets as the cup. Like collectibles. I got a Bills helmet, complete with face mask, and it fit perfectly on the cat's head. He was too cool so he didn't mind wearing it. And I would forget he had it on and then sometimes people would come over and look at the couch with the cat just sitting there wearing a plastic Bills helmet with face mask. It looked great. ;)

That's hysterical! As a dog guy, I like hearing about cats in Bills helmets.

Awesome.

And ... He had zero incompletions after the first play of the game. Worth considering, no?

No doubt. But in all fairness Tannehill must have completed nearly 20 passes in a row at one point as well.

And even though I really don't think seeing TT throw 30 times per game is the right fit for him just yet.......Greg Roman took a much less refined QB to the SB with SF.

Too bad Rex D has been sh*t.

We had this discussion about Tyrod's value at the pregame tailgate this am.

He has been irreplaceable.

If the Bills had the kind of QB play that was projected this offseason.....a game manager supposed to be propped up by great defense......they are probably 1-7 or 0-8 now.

The defense has been bad......special teams, bad......Watkins, McCoy, Harvin and Woods have all been stunningly unproductive.....the first two each had their FIRST 100 yard games of the season.

This could have been an epically bad team without Tyrod.

I agree with the majority of this Bado

You cannot be productive when you are injuried there fore it is not "stunning"

Edited by John from Hemet

He needs to learn how to avoid taking hits. He doesn't know how to slide and he doesn't get out of bounds when he should. If he gets hurt and we have to watch EJ crap all over himself again and kill our playoff hopes, I'm going to break my tv.