Tyrod Taylor stats

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to refute it with a largely negative spin, cause there's really not much to use there. He's played respectably. What's tough is the sample size is tiny still.

Today the dude might have had more runs than he did pass attempts that traveled 10 yards in the air. I won't knock him for not having a lot asked of him - but it's hard to go to hard in his corner either.

Just enjoy the ride

Reminds of the russell wilson development. His rookie year he would throw like 15 or 20 times at most and never turn the ball over. Roethlisberger did the same thing. It's how you develop a qb properly. I like how he's progressing and I just wish he'd have played the cincy and jags game cause we would have one at least one of em.

I'm not going to refute it with a largely negative spin, cause there's really not much to use there. He's played respectably. What's tough is the sample size is tiny still.

Today the dude might have had more runs than he did pass attempts that traveled 10 yards in the air. I won't knock him for not having a lot asked of him - but it's hard to go to hard in his corner either.

Why? He does what he's supposed to do and asked to do. He did it brilliantly. It's not a given he will continue this but you can't lower his accomplishment by saying he hasn't done it enough yet.

My only gripe with Taylor is that he takes his time back there and sometimes acts as if the norm is that you get ten seconds to pass, which results in a sack or two that he probably shouldn't take. That being said, I respectfully disagree with Gugny and Take You To Tasker that he is "terrible" and that Manuel was an upgrade over Taylor. I remain optimistic about his first six starts as a pro. He's basically a super conservative QB who can run as good as anyone and has a great deep ball. Part of his game is being careful not to throw passes that could get picked and as long as the rest of the team is playing good football, it works.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

TT is now fourth in the league in passing, behind Brady, Dalton and Carson Palmer, and just ahead of Aaron Rodgers. His rating is 108.9. Brady leads the league with 113.5. He's thrown 10 TDs to 4 INTS, which is good. His YPC is an excellent 8.6 which is tied for second in the league and a little better than Brady. He is basically leading the league in completion percentage with 71.8 (if you count an arbitrary over 100 completions, Wheedon has less but a little higher percentage but he's only played 2-3 games).

This is, of course, not counting the running, which is one of his best assets.

He's also 4-2 as a starter.

Sure he is not a franchise QB yet, and we don't know if this will continue. But it's rather freaking remarkable at this stage of the season. And you can't say he's a fluke because he's consistently thrown an extremely accurate long ball and all passes for the most part.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?akmobile=ios-tablet&akmobile=ios-tablet&akmobile=ios-tablet&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&akcarrier=other&akcarrier=other&akcarrier=other&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE

We had this discussion about Tyrod's value at the pregame tailgate this am.

He has been irreplaceable.

If the Bills had the kind of QB play that was projected this offseason.....a game manager supposed to be propped up by great defense......they are probably 1-7 or 0-8 now.

The defense has been bad......special teams, bad......Watkins, McCoy, Harvin and Woods have all been stunningly unproductive.....the first two each had their FIRST 100 yard games of the season.

This could have been an epically bad team without Tyrod.

Why? He does what he's supposed to do and asked to do. He did it brilliantly. It's not a given he will continue this but you can't lower his accomplishment by saying he hasn't done it enough yet.

Sure you can. It's the NFL and a big part of joining the group at the top is being able to stay ahead of the guys breaking you down and do it on a larger scale than today and also week in and week out.

We didn't cross the 50 til mid 3rd quarter in his last start and he had, what, 4 or 5 10 yard attempts today? 2-0 in those- which is fantastic, but not sustainable.

I'm still enjoying the ride and hopeful for him/us though.

Edited by NoSaint

Sure you can. It's the NFL and a big part of joining the group at the top is being able to stay ahead of the guys breaking you down and do it on a larger scale than today and also week in and week out.

We didn't cross the 50 til mid 3rd quarter in his last start and he had, what, 4 or 5 10 yard attempts today? 2-0 in those- which is fantastic, but not sustainable.

Doing what you need to do to score 25-35 points a game is a sustainable way to win.

We had Sammy, Shady and Karlos out that game. Seems to be the outlier here.

I love his long ball, and the plays he makes with his feet, but the running is the reason EJ was starting (and the reason we won in Nashville). I love him, but I'm torn. I don't like the called QB runs/options. But I'm quite fond of winning.

I love his long ball, and the plays he makes with his feet, but the running is the reason EJ was starting (and the reason we won in Nashville). I love him, but I'm torn. I don't like the called QB runs/options. But I'm quite fond of winning.

the running will make defenses have to scheme differently --- and opens up a lot. It is also demoralizing to a defense to think they've got it all covered and then he's jolting toward the 1st down on his own. I know what you're saying though. I hold my breath every time. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't think JR was nitpicking, only saying it would've been nice to see TT show his aptitude in that area. I'm sure he's pleased with the win and thinks TT played well.

I also would like to see TT go through his reads more when necessary.

Thanks, man. Exactly what I was saying. I am

Thrilled with him, but am also looking for him to take the next step.

I've brought this up before. But the announcers today couldn't stop themselves from saying what a great runner Ajayi is and he's such a bruiser and power runner and basically said he's indestructible. He's 6'0 216. Tyrod is 6'1" (maybe) 215.

Doing what you need to do to score 25-35 points a game is a sustainable way to win.

Let's see how many ways he can accomplish "doing what he needs to do"

So far that sample is really small and a couple of them are not long term answers that can be counted on regularly.

Will he be able to win 40 attempt shoot outs with any regularity?

Will he be able to pick up a cue in a defense and audible us into the right read?

Will he be able to call his own plays in a 2 minute drill?

Will he be durable enough to win enough games to get us to the playoffs?

He was efficient today, and did all he was asked but in the context of what was going on around him, and what was asked- he aced an easy open book test. That's not saying he can't do it all just that there's a whole lot more to show he can do and do consistently.

Tyrod is the best when he's rolling out to his right. Every time I see him get outside contain, I am 100% confident that he is about to throw a strike for a big play or take off and run for a big gain. Until teams can completely shut this down, Roman needs to keep a healthy dose of sprint outs and naked boots happening. Preferably with Sammy running across the field from the left side.

Edited by DC Greg

I don't think JR was nitpicking, only saying it would've been nice to see TT show his aptitude in that area. I'm sure he's pleased with the win and thinks TT played well.

I also would like to see TT go through his reads more when necessary.

this is the thing. We've seen Taylor go through his reads when needed.

That wasn't an issue.

Today's game plan was great and executed well.