Tyrod Taylor stats

TT is now fourth in the league in passing, behind Brady, Dalton and Carson Palmer, and just ahead of Aaron Rodgers. His rating is 108.9. Brady leads the league with 113.5. He's thrown 10 TDs to 4 INTS, which is good. His YPC is an excellent 8.6 which is tied for second in the league and a little better than Brady. He is basically leading the league in completion percentage with 71.8 (if you count an arbitrary over 100 completions, Wheedon has less but a little higher percentage but he's only played 2-3 games).

This is, of course, not counting the running, which is one of his best assets.

He's also 4-2 as a starter.

Sure he is not a franchise QB yet, and we don't know if this will continue. But it's rather freaking remarkable at this stage of the season. And you can't say he's a fluke because he's consistently thrown an extremely accurate long ball and all passes for the most part.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?akmobile=ios-tablet&akmobile=ios-tablet&akmobile=ios-tablet&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&akcarrier=other&akcarrier=other&akcarrier=other&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TT is now fourth in the league in passing, behind Brady, Dalton and Carson Palmer, and just ahead of Aaron Rodgers. His rating is 108.9. Brady leads the league with 113.5. He's thrown 10 TDs to 4 INTS, which is good. His YPC is an excellent 8.6 which is tied for second in the league and a little better than Brady. He is basically leading the league in completion percentage with 71.8 (if you count an arbitrary over 100 completions, Wheedon has less but a little higher percentage but he's only played 2-3 games).

Sure he is not a franchise QB yet, and we don't know if this will continue. But it's rather freaking remarkable at this stage of the season. And you can't say he's a fluke because he's consistently thrown an extremely accurate long ball and all passes for the most part.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?akmobile=ios-tablet&akmobile=ios-tablet&akmobile=ios-tablet&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&akcarrier=other&akcarrier=other&akcarrier=other&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE

Talking about good deep passes, not counting this game, TT has a passer rating of ~132 on passes over 31 yards, and is completing 45% of them. That's money.

One of the best things about him is he leads the receivers perfectly. It allows for a lot YAC and gives the playmakers plenty of opportunity to make the plays. He also throws a really good long ball, again almost always putting it right where it needs to be.

I'm not saying he's our guy yet. But, he's looking like a true diamond in the rough and has tons of upside.

He's making a strong case to get paid before the season is over. The longer we wait, the higher the price goes.

I love him, and love his accuracy, especially his deep ball accuracy.

But, as someone said in the gameday thread today, seemed like he was basically a 1-read QB today. Other than those bombs today (which were awesome), we didn't see much in the middle of the field. Don't think Clay or Woods even had catches (or even targets).

I am hoping as the season progresses, he gets more mature in his reads.

Without even examining the stats what is noticeable when TT is taking the snaps is that when a receiver is open not only is there a good probability that the pass is going to be completed but that his ball placement is also excellent. He is still a work in progress but he has a good feel for the passing game and he is getting better in being smart about when to run and when to hit the deck and protect himself.

This is an immensely much better and serious team when he is the starter.

But, as someone said in the gameday thread today, seemed like he was basically a 1-read QB today. Other than those bombs today (which were awesome), we didn't see much in the middle of the field. Don't think Clay or Woods even had catches (or even targets).

He only had to throw 12 times and completed 11 of them. When your first read is open 8 times, you don't really have to progress. Woods had one target.

Sammy should always be the first read unless there's a criminal mismatch.

I mean, he only had 12 read situations... maybe a couple more if you count the scrambles. He was not required to go through progressions today.

He only had to throw 12 times and completed 11 of them. When your first read is open 8 times, you don't really have to progress. Woods had one target.

Sammy should always be the first read unless there's a criminal mismatch.

Exactly.

Yes, yes. So Taylor had ridiculous yards per attempt passing today. Yes, the entire philosophy of the offense was always designed and based off of a strong run game. Yes, he only missed one pass. But i, with my super fan vision see every pass he should have made if only I was QB. What a bum.

[/sarcasm]

Seriously though, while good offensive game planning shouldn't over rely on his arm Taylor has been excellent statistically.

He is also a leader in the locker room. I heard that he got up this week and gave a speech that fired everyone up. That's the type of thing that Kapaernick never did, for example. He would sit in the corner with headphones on speaking to no one. Taylor has the team willing to follow him. It's a great quality.

Draw them in with the short stuff and then beat them deep. Worked to perfection today.

We've already seen Tyrod go through progressions. I think some people are nit-picking after today's win.

Picking up the yardage with his feet to move the chains on 3rd downs was fantastic to watch. Won't show up in QB ratings, but is a real back breaker for the opposing defense.

His accuracy today was pin point.

I can't comment on read progressions as I don't have the all 22, but it's the best QB play for the Bills in a long time!

Draw them in with the short stuff and then beat them deep. Worked to perfection today.

We've already seen Tyrod go through progressions. I think some people are nit-picking after today's win.

I don't think JR was nitpicking, only saying it would've been nice to see TT show his aptitude in that area. I'm sure he's pleased with the win and thinks TT played well.

I also would like to see TT go through his reads more when necessary.

I'm not going to refute it with a largely negative spin, cause there's really not much to use there. He's played respectably. What's tough is the sample size is tiny still.

Today the dude might have had more runs than he did pass attempts that traveled 10 yards in the air. I won't knock him for not having a lot asked of him - but it's hard to go to hard in his corner either.