Tyrod Taylor stats

Fair enough and to be clear I am not saying that he is perfect. The point was that it has been so long since we had above average QB play that we don't even know what to do. We are waiting for the wheels to fall off (i.e. "once teams see _____ they will stop the Bills"). We don't know that to be true. Instead of us waiting for it to get bad, let's just appreciate that it has been good.

I do appreciate the good, I want to see it continue and improve. As Tyrod's career continues, teams will starting figuring out better game plans, and as that happens Tyrod will need to improve on various parts of his game, it's all development. Wishing for development isn't "waiting for it to get bad", it's hoping for long term success.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do appreciate the good, I want to see it continue and improve. As Tyrod's career continues, teams will starting figuring out better game plans, and as that happens Tyrod will need to improve on various parts of his game, it's all development. Wishing for development isn't "waiting for it to get bad", it's hoping for long term success.

Teams have more film on Tom Brady now than at any point ever and he's playing his best football. Just because teams are more prepared for what you do doesn't mean that they stop it any better. Defenses will improve and get more comfortable with what he is doing but so will Tyrod. He may regress as teams see more of him but it's quite possible that the opposite happens -the more that he plays, the better he gets. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Defenses are in a really tough position, if they stack the box to play the run/tyrod scramble, then he can throw it deep to Sammy. I really wish we had another speed/deep threat guy though. Too bad about Goodwin's durability. :(

I think this is a good point. Miami had 8/9 man fronts much of the game yesterday. Without Goodwin and Harvin we could really use someone who can get deep opposite Watkins. Maybe Whaley can work some magic...

I love him, and love his accuracy, especially his deep ball accuracy.

But, as someone said in the gameday thread today, seemed like he was basically a 1-read QB today. Other than those bombs today (which were awesome), we didn't see much in the middle of the field. Don't think Clay or Woods even had catches (or even targets).

I am hoping as the season progresses, he gets more mature in his reads.

He threw 12 balls completing 11 of them.

Ha ha, we have a good QB for the 1st time in years and people tried to put him down to prove that they were right (even when it was clear they were wrong).

The guy leads the offense up and down the field only to have some view it as "he takes the unnecessary sack." He takes care of the football, moves the chains on 3rd down and makes big plays. We are fortunate to have found our QB.

Some people have / had reservations. Many still have reservations and based on the Bills history with flash in the pan QB's we have every right to be.

Many would argue that throwing the ball away to avoid the sack is better than taking a sack.

"The guy leads the offense up and down the field" So he's Tom Brady / Drew Brees, Peyton Manning? see above reservations. Happy am I? yes. Sold a bill of goods - not fully.

When he wins 4 of the next 4 then you can color me sold.

well said.

TT and Karlos want to play the Dolphins every week. Both players have been relatively mediocre against other teams, but have killed the Dolphins.

Hopefully they imagine the Jets are the Dolphins on Thursday :D

Idk if I'd say 'mediocre'

Teams have more film on Tom Brady now than at any point ever and he's playing his best football. Just because teams are more prepared for what you do doesn't mean that they stop it any better. Defense's will improve and get more comfortable with what he is doing but so will Tyrod. He may regress as teams see more of him but it's quite possible that the opposite happens -the more that he plays, the better he gets.

saying that game planning for TT is like that of Tainted Tom is a bit overzealous. a bit fanatical

Some people have / had reservations. Many still have reservations and based on the Bills history with flash in the pan QB's we have every right to be.

Many would argue that throwing the ball away to avoid the sack is better than taking a sack.

"The guy leads the offense up and down the field" So he's Tom Brady / Drew Brees, Peyton Manning? see above reservations. Happy am I? yes. Sold a bill of goods - not fully.

well said.

If he wins 2 of the next 2 I think most people will be sold since they are both road games and the 2nd is at (likely 9-0) New England*

Fair enough and to be clear I am not saying that he is perfect. The point was that it has been so long since we had above average QB play that we don't even know what to do. We are waiting for the wheels to fall off (i.e. "once teams see _____ they will stop the Bills"). We don't know that to be true. Instead of us waiting for it to get bad, let's just appreciate that it has been good.

unfortunately - Until proven otherwise .... We have to Billieve it to be true

well said.

It's ironic to use "the unnecessary sack" when the biggest play of the game was a ball that he threw away left handed. That forced Miami to accept the penalty to knock them out of field goal range. The next play was a 44 yard TD to Watkins. Tyrod's instincts are really impressive. Watch him run, he knows EXACTLY where the markers are. He moves the chains, takes care of the football and makes big plays. The only time that we have had QB play like this (since the playoff years) was the 1st 8 games of Bledsoe. We haven't had "flash in the pan" play at this level. We didn't get it from Losman, Edwards, EJ, Fitz (probably the closest) or Bledsoe after the 1st 8 games. Tyrod isn't there all the way there yet but he is playing at a borderline Pro Bowl level.

Idk if I'd say 'mediocre'

Key word is 'relatively', meaning their performances compared to the Dolphins performances haven't been nearly as great.

(Dolphins vs Non)

TT-N - 75/108 - 69.4%, 820 yds, 7.6 ypa, 6 TDs, 4 INT, 94.7 RAT

TT-D - 32/41 - 78%, 458 yds, 11.2 ypa, 4 TDs, 0 INT, 145.7 RAT

KW-N - 30 car, 116 yds, 3.87 ypc, 2 TD

KW-D - 21 car, 220 yds, 10.48 ypc, 3 TD

Just saying, both players have feasted on the Fish :)

saying that game planning for TT is like that of Tainted Tom is a bit overzealous. a bit fanatical

It's an example to prove my point. If people say that with more tape he will be better defensed why hasn't that happened with Brady? They have more tape on him now than ever but he is playing better. Just because you have more film on a player (any player) it doesn't mean that you will do better against them. You may, but you may not. There is not a direct correlation. Quarterbacks improve and adapt just like the defense's do. We have no idea what will happen next. That isn't even a point that can be debated.

unfortunately - Until proven otherwise .... We have to Billieve it to be true

No, no we don't. We can't assume the future. There is nothing in his play that indicates the wheels will fall off. Maybe they will but there is no reason to assume that. Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's ironic to use "the unnecessary sack" when the biggest play of the game was a ball that he threw away left handed. That forced Miami to accept the penalty to knock them out of field goal range. The next play was a 44 yard TD to Watkins. Tyrod's instincts are really impressive. Watch him run, he knows EXACTLY where the markers are. He moves the chains, takes care of the football and makes big plays. The only time that we have had QB play like this (since the playoff years) was the 1st 8 games of Bledsoe. We haven't had "flash in the pan" play at this level. We didn't get it from Losman, Edwards, EJ, Fitz (probably the closest) or Bledsoe after the 1st 8 games. Tyrod isn't there all the way there yet but he is playing at a borderline Pro Bowl level.

And the Bills history at QB, IMO, shouldn't have any relevance when talking about Tyrod Taylor. Every team has flash in the pan or bad QB play until a good QB comes along and changes that.

It's an example to prove my point. If people say that with more tape he will be better defensed why hasn't that happened with Brady? They have more tape on him now than ever but he is playing better. Just because you have more film on a player (any player) it doesn't mean that you will do better against them. You may, but you may not. There is not a direct correlation. Quarterbacks improve and adapt just like the defense's do. We have no idea what will happen next. That isn't even a point that can be debated.

Brady has been better defensed, but since Brady consistently improves his game in a variety of ways, he's stayed ahead. That's what Tyrod will need to do, fix his weaknesses, read defenses, etc as teams start adjusting to him. Never said that won't happen, but am acknowledging that he's not perfect, and I hope he continues to improve, so that when defenses do start planning better, he has the answer, and the Bills have long term success because of it. Not every QB improves or adapts to changing games, as we've seen with Kaep, and RGIII. But I think Tyrod has had a better development path than them two.

Brady has been better defensed, but since Brady consistently improves his game in a variety of ways, he's stayed ahead. That's what Tyrod will need to do, fix his weaknesses, read defenses, etc as teams start adjusting to him. Never said that won't happen, but am acknowledging that he's not perfect, and I hope he continues to improve, so that when defenses do start planning better, he has the answer, and the Bills have long term success because of it. Not every QB improves or adapts to changing games, as we've seen with Kaep, and RGIII. But I think Tyrod has had a better development path than them two.

Agree with all of that. That's kind of the point. He may get better, he may not. We shouldn't assume that he will or won't because there are examples on both sides. Some guys improve and some regress.

Agree with all of that. That's kind of the point. He may get better, he may not. We shouldn't assume that he will or won't because there are examples on both sides. Some guys improve and some regress.

And no where in my criticism did I say he wouldn't improve, as was suggested earlier, unless I read too much into your posts.

And the Bills history at QB, IMO, shouldn't have any relevance when talking about Tyrod Taylor. Every team has flash in the pan or bad QB play until a good QB comes along and changes that.

Yep, that's like my pet peeve about we haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years so we won't go this year. There is not one player on the team from 15 years ago and only about 5 or so in the league. They are different players, coaches, general managers, scouts, owners, etc... What happened then has absolutely nothing to do with what is happening now.

And no where in my criticism did I say he wouldn't improve, as was suggested earlier, unless I read too much into your posts.

Ha ha, yeah a little bit. I was just responding to the general thought that as teams see him more of him he will struggle. That may be true but it may not. That's all