TNF: Miami at New England - 8:25 PM EDT on NFL Network

dolphins.pngVS. patriots.png

What to watch for in Dolphins-Patriots on 'TNF'

Cameron Wake and Ndamukong Suh lead a revitalized Dolphins squad into New England on Thursday night. Can the two defensive stars stop a red-hot Tom Brady?

Dolphins have played much better the last two weeks, but the teams Miami has beaten have three combined wins. On Thursday, Miami takes on the unbeaten Patriots, who will provide the ultimate litmus test for Dan Campbell's team.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was a Sunday 1 pm game, I'd say Miami has a shot. But you know Belichick has been working, strategizing around the clock, devising the perfect game plan, summoning Satan, sacrificing animals and virgins, whatever it takes, to look good for prime time.

Pats by 20

I think this game will be closer than people think. I can even see the Phins winning the game. I do believe the Pats peaked earlier in the year. Last week i thought the Jets outplayed the Pats for 3 quarters of the game. I am taking the Dolphins in a 24-20 win.

I think this game will be closer than people think. I can even see the Phins winning the game. I do believe the Pats peaked earlier in the year. Last week i thought the Jets outplayed the Pats for 3 quarters of the game. I am taking the Dolphins in a 24-20 win.

Tannehill still can't throw a pass that travels more than ten yards in the air. It probably won't be a blowout, but I think the Pats*** win by 10-13 pts.

Two weeks in a row I'll be rooting for the Pats. Damn it, I blame the Bills. If they'd just do their job I wouldn't have to worry about all the other mediocre teams.

why root for them? we all know the Cheatriots will be aided in their 2nd undefeated season after a huge controversy, fine and loss of draft picks.

Nice too that the Dolphins get the mini-bye prior to facing the Bills which sort of negates any preparation advantage the Bills might have gained. What's that, 4 of 8 games against teams with extra prep time?.

all that much longer to stew on tonight loss after regaining their winning identity.

Nice too that the Dolphins get the mini-bye prior to facing the Bills which sort of negates any preparation advantage the Bills might have gained. What's that, 4 of 8 games against teams with extra prep time?.

To be fair the Bills get two whole weeks off before hosting the Dolphins. I know scheduling kinda sucked for the Bills with teams coming off bye weeks, but this one is tough to gripe about.

Oh and this game is in NE with a national spotlight. I'd be surprised if it was close. The best we can hope for is some dirty shot on Brady that puts him out and gets Suh suspended.

Edited by BarleyNY

Short week and divisional rivals who know each other well. I will be surprised if NE**** blows them out.

Then again, Belichick and Brady like to run it up like it's Alabama vs. Cal Poly-Pamona so I can see a tight game looking like a route with a couple meaningless NE**** TDs late.

GO BOLLS!!!

@SInow

We don’t expect Patriots-Dolphins to be exciting. Fortunately our TNF drinking game is here! http://on.si.com/1XCndFc

CSga07eWsAEBBfB.jpg

@DonBanks

Dan Campbell wants to "wake the sleeping giant'' in Miami, but can his club slay the giant in New England? TNF pick: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/29/nfl-week-8-picks-miami-dolphins-new-england-patriots-thursday-night-football

@Gil_Brandt

Patriots are 48-4 in their last 52 home games, outscoring pponents by more than 2 TDs per game (32.9 to 18.4). #MIAvsNE

Tannehill still can't throw a pass that travels more than ten yards in the air. It probably won't be a blowout, but I think the Pats*** win by 10-13 pts.

On NFLN last night the mentioned Tanny's perfect QB rating about every 15 minutes. Only Kurt Warner pointed out that he didn't even throw downfield.

I can see tonight starting close, but ending up as a blowout for NE - just like most of their games.

Hate both these teams. Will definitely be watching...

On NFLN last night the mentioned Tanny's perfect QB rating about every 15 minutes. Only Kurt Warner pointed out that he didn't even throw downfield.

Why throw down field when nobody can stop you from moving the ball with safe, short passes? You'd think teams would just stack the box and dare Brady to beat them deep but you just don't see it.

Brady's been taking a lot of hits lately... hopefully they can get pressure and hit those body shots early

Every crushing hit adds up since they had an early bye AND an early TNF game. From here on out it's a weekly grind for them, so put the shots to him and soften him up for the next game also.

Will be watching along with Sabres.

I hope Miami makes a game of it.

Dolphins are a different team now relative to the one we hammered a few weeks ago.

Interesting to see how much they have changed.

Unfortunately for them, they don't get to face Mariota or Hoyer tonight.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The last thing I want is for Miami to start believing in itself. Beating bad teams badly has given them a little confidence, but deep down they know that doesn't prove much. If they beat NE at NE, and them come to Buffalo thinking they're actually a good team, the Williamses will have a tough time not going to 3-5. Much better the Pats crush them, demoralize them, and they lose any faith they've got in their new coach.