Ryan Taunting Marrone?

Joe Miner

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else growing tired of Ryan's bush league antics?

He is not the answer at HC. I don't care how many vehicles he tricks out in Bills colors or how many tattoos he alters to show his loyalty. His teams lack fire and discipline as does he.

GO BILS!!!

He is not the answer at HC. I don't care how many vehicles he tricks out in Bills colors or how many tattoos he alters to show his loyalty. His teams lack fire and discipline as does he.

GO BILS!!!

The losses don't help.

Yep, I read that and perhaps Marrone relayed that to his Jag players. It might just be why that Jaguar team played more like a 5-1 team then a 1-5 team. But hey, what does Rex care.

Ha. Actually they did play like a 1-5 team, it's just that the Bills played worse! EJM spotted them 21 points!

Yep, I read that and perhaps Marrone relayed that to his Jag players. It might just be why that Jaguar team played more like a 5-1 team then a 1-5 team. But hey, what does Rex care.

Yeah, I'm sure Marrone is suddenly beloved by his players, and they did it all for him.

Ha. Actually they did play like a 1-5 team, it's just that the Bills played worse! EJM spotted them 21 points!

Yeah, I'm sure Marrone is suddenly beloved by his players, and they did it all for him.

Never underestimate a team looking for a motivation factor. I dont care who the coach is.

Never underestimate a team looking for a motivation factor. I dont care who the coach is.

Its a game of emotion. It helps. Just ask the Patriot players who were hearing how much the Buffalo players hate them all week. so they could come out and shut them up and make them look bad.

The offensive line of the jags did look like they played better, and particularly on that last TD drive for the win. You don't think St Doug is laughing at Ryan now?

I'd rather Rex Ryan keep his mouth shut and stop motivating opposing teams because its not working... except to give the opponent even more reason to beat the Bills.

Like Marv Levy used to say. "Your play on the field should speak so loudly that no one will hear what you say"

GO BILS!!!

I am starting to agree with you. I bought into the hype and was all for the hire but stuff like this is bush league & the discipline on this team stinks.

who says he isnt liked?

Just because Bills fans all got their panties in bunch because he did what they wanted and left while they were trying to run him out of town (mostly upset that Pegula or Whaley didn't get to do their best Trump/Vince McMahon "your fired!" Sending him away in tears) it doesn't mean everyone else dislikes him too. Outside of Buffalo I don't think there are many that knew much about him, except that he was the Bills coach who resigned after leading them to their best season in about a decade because off clause in his deal that would allow him to and new owners stepping in with rumors of potential changes comming

Its a game of emotion. It helps. Just ask the Patriot players who were hearing how much the Buffalo players hate them all week. so they could come out and shut them up and make them look bad.

The offensive line of the jags did look like they played better, and particularly on that last TD drive for the win. You don't think St Doug is laughing at Ryan now?

I'd rather Rex Ryan keep his mouth shut and stop motivating opposing teams because its not working... except to give the opponent even more reason to beat the Bills.

Like Marv Levy used to say. "Your play on the field should speak so loudly that no one will hear what you say"

I'm not convinced.

I am convinced that they were motivated by playing on an international stage, and having been kicked around all season. I'm also convinced that Marrone's knowledge about the Bills roster played a way bigger role than any "do it for Doug" inspiration. I'm also convinced that the 21 points that EJM provided, gave them a massive dose of inspiration.

And if they lost, would anyone say, "they just didn't get enough inspiration from Marrone's presence"?

And I don't need any more Marv Levy quotes.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I'm not convinced.

I am convinced that they were motivated by playing on an international stage, and having been kicked around all season. I'm also convinced that Marrone's knowledge about the Bills roster played a way bigger role than any "do it for Doug" inspiration. I'm also convinced that the 21 points that EJM provided, gave them a massive dose of inspiration.

And if they lost, would anyone say, "they just didn't get enough inspiration from Marrone's presence"?

The simple truth is that anytime a teams head coach opens his mouth by saying stupid things or doing stupid things to help motivate the opposing team it hurts his team, and helps the opponent get fired up. Ever hear the phrase "win for the gipper? In every aspect of society people do better when given a strong motivational reason.

Anyway, Its not my job to convince you of anything. If you don't get it, that's OK with me.

The simple truth is that anytime a teams head coach opens his mouth by saying stupid things or doing stupid things to help motivate the opposing team it hurts his team, and helps the opponent get fired up. Ever hear the phrase "win for the gipper? In every aspect of society people do better when given a strong motivational reason.

Anyway, Its not my job to convince you of anything. If you don't get it, that's OK with me.

If it's a "truth" then you should be able to prove it....but you can't.

I don't like Rex's antics, at all. But not because of the other team's reactions, but because it effects his own team's focus, and attitude.

I think the Jags had plenty of other things to motivate them, and that Marrone has probably never even spoken to most of the guys on their defense.

Half the games each week involve a player or coach that played/worked for, or was cut/fired by one of the teams. Or the other team beat them badly previously, or any number of circumstances like that. If anybody should have been inspired by Marrone's presence, it should have been the Bills. But of course, they only would have said it if they won.

Rex hurts his own team by making claims in the player's names. He tries to set the standards for the team with public proclamations. That is the problem with his antics.

Edited by HoF Watkins

What? That was one of the worst teams I can remember the Bills playing in some time. If they weren't gifted 2 1/2 TD's, we would have blown them out. They did everything they possibly could to hand us that game in the second half.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

What? That was one of the worst teams I can remember the Bills playing in some time. If they weren't gifted 2 1/2 TD's, we would have blown them out. They did everything they possibly could to hand us that game in the second half.

100% agreed. Anyone who thinks either team played like a good team is insane.

I'm not convinced.

:thumbsup:

Don't care in the least. I find it amusing, but it had zero impact on the game. At least the guy isn't a corpse. As for the Jags, did they really play like a 5-1 team? Their QB was garbage, as was their O in general except for Yeldon. The Jags were so inspired they couldn't punch it in on a goal line situation. Marrone really had those boys churned up. The Bills lost because their backup QB puked on his shoes and gave the Jags 14 points, and a short field for a TD after another INT. Bortles was bad, EJM was even worse. That was the story of that game, not some inspired performance from the Jags O.

GO BILS!!!

The Jets are a better team without him and we are less of a team with him. His act is so tiresome and unsophisticated. When your head coach lacks maturity and discipline it is not surprising that he sets the tone that flows down to the players.

One of my favorite head coaches in the NFL is Bruce Ariens of the Cardinals. He doesn't have much of a public persona but he is a football man of substance. He knows how to build a roster and to get the best out of his players. The HCing change with him in place has made a noticeable positive difference.

Rex is a salesman full of a lot of bombast that can dazzle in the interview room. But when it comes down to the serious business of coaching he lacks gravitas. This clown coach was foolish enough to throw barbs at Belichick prior to an upcoming game. The New England HC responded dismissively by saying his record against him spoke for itself.

What is discouraging is that he was not only given a five year deal but he was also given authority to go directly to the owner, bypassing the GM, if he felt there was a need. What were the Pegulas thinking????

Edited by JohnC

Ryan will deliver a playoff berth and stay or he won't. If he doesn't he should really go, although I suspect an 8-8 would get him another year. He is in a pretty precarious situation right now. Nice time for the old coaching stand-bye.."when the going gets tough, the tough get going."

Ryan will deliver a playoff berth and stay or he won't. If he doesn't he should really go, although I suspect an 8-8 would get him another year. He is in a pretty precarious situation right now. Nice time for the old coaching stand-bye.."when the going gets tough, the tough get going."

well said.

But the Bills really need to take it seriously from top to bottom. Players have definitely not quit on him. might be in argument, but he has shown he listens to his players. Watkins got plenty of looks till he puked, and the front four were released from their proverbial chains and did alright. team did not give up on EJ and neither did EJ.

They have character. they just dont know who that character is.

Rex should just prove it, and play more humble. i agree with that. and i always will.