Phantom call on Robey =Royally Screwed in England

Bocephuz

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Matt_Bove

Here's the Robey pass interference & his reaction to it after the game. Sorry, I'm a little ahead of ball #Bills

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/658349802111922176/pu/vid/1280x720/nHI3LY31vCDe48hI.mp4

@AroundTheNFL

Bills cornerback Nickell Robey: Pass interference call was 'terrible' http://at.nfl.com/OJ7rv6z

I repeat, the ref throwing the flag can't, in a million years, see if the DB committed a foul.

Shouldn't have come down to that. Turnovers and inconsistent D did us in. We are not a good team.

Agree. That was a bogus call and it looked from my seat in the stadium like Jerry was held on the touchdown play but we are not a well coached team there is just no getting away from it. We were better prepared to play and compete under the Jaguars line coach. I have fallen out of love with this team and this staff very quickly. I actually think that talent we have is papering over some cracks - I think the coaching flat out stinks.

Hearing from some jags fans, it could have been a make up call from the pick 6 noncall?

Noncall against whom? Looked like the intended receiver got his feet tangled Gilmore and tripped.

GO BILLS!!!

Watching the early part of the Jet/Patriots game and see a Jet receiver in the endzone, arms extended, ball placed perfectly...but just prior to ball reaching his hands, Patriot defender chops Jet receiver's left arm, making his hands scissor so he couldn't make the catch. Line judge is right there. No call! Jets settle for FG.

If the roles were reversed, guarantee PI would have been called. Making it worse, the talking head commentators doing the broadcast credit the Pats defender with making a great play!

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories, but the breaks the Pats get on a regular basis has to make me wonder if there isn't incentive for the NFL to rig games.

Without the PI on Robey, the Bills would more than likely have won today's game. One game in a 16 game schedule can be the difference between post season play or not being there. In hindsight after the season ends, the Robey call may turn out to be the difference (especially against an AFC team) between making the playoffs.

side note: EJ sucked in the early going, but it's a 60 minute game, and EJ did enough in the 2nd half to put them ahead after being down by 24. The Robey non-call and consecutive Hughes non-holding call made the difference IMO.

Was it definitely holding? Looked clear as day to me from my seat but not seen it back yet.

It was so clear that even when the jags scored on that play, I got up and walked away, expecting the call and another play. It was stunned when I came back and saw the score.

Terrible non-call-- but the refs missed a bunch of those. Dareus was getting held almost every play. Jersey pulled from behind type holds too.

Refs screwed the Jags on EJ's phantom roughing the passer call on 3rd down.

That was not phantom and refs missed the pass interference on bills receiver on that same play

Watching some games right now, all PI flags coming from the ref watching the DB from behind. We get !@#$ed by the one that should have thrown the flag to the LT that held Hughes.

definiely holding on hughes on that play

Hearing from some jags fans, it could have been a make up call from the pick 6 noncall?

the dude fell and so there is make up calls in the NFL. Doesn't that seems like we are saying that they are controlling the game.

Shouldn't come down to one play. That play wasn't a touchdown

maybe so... but I will guarantee you the probability of the Jags winning would have been very low with the next play a 4th and 15. It's easy to say it should haven't come down to one play but a ton of NFL games do. The game was hijacked by a ref that couldn't even see the play. NFL refs suck

Me too.

Yes, the Bills were awful today, but they came back to take the lead.

That bogus penalty was big.

exactly... that penalty changed the game

the penalty for illegal block on the McCoy fumble was complete BS as well

I said in an earlier post that I think bills opponents have been watching film and talking to the refs before and during the game. The Easley offsides on kickoff is a play you really have to be looking for and expecting (especially how close it was). Woods has been called for holding the last few weeks while blocking. he's a pretty tenacious blocker. Robey has been known to be physical etc.. This is just a theory but we all know coaches talk to and work the refs before and during games. I think this is helping to increase our penalties. We are getting crazy calls against us. Let me be the first to say we have taken a crazy amount of personal foul penalties and I am sure the refs are no fan of Jerry Hughes. So, the reputation we have earned is justified. I just don't believe all the calls are. Our defensive line was held a ton today and it wasnt called hardly at all. The judgement call penalties are hugely lopsided against us.

Awful call but the Bills never should have been in that position.

people.... please stop saying this. Games often come down to one or two plays. We had the lead. That horse crap call changed the game PERIOD.

The argument about the officials not being important to this game is absurd. without that call the Bills probably win. NFL teams all the time wins games they no right to win. The Bills of early 90's won amny games where we were outplayed for long stretches. Last Years Super Bowl was lost by the better team for most of the game. EJ played like crap but the rest of our team almost pulled it out.

@billsupdates

Nickell Robey says penalty was 'terrible call,' but teammate thinks Bills should expect it http://ow.ly/TOMpK

"That one was tough, because I didn't see anything at all," linebacker Preston Brown said. "I didn't see (Robey) touch him. So that's something we have to live with. We know, we're the Buffalo Bills and we're going to get that call."

Bills coach Rex Ryan, who has been vocal about certain penalty calls this season, took the high road.

"First off, the officials, that's a tough job," Ryan said. "They got a tough job. They obviously do the best they can. I thought Robey had a better chance at it than their receiver. Apparently we fouled on that play. I mean, obviously that might be one of the reasons because I guess we fouled on it."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Worst call this year by far. That play resulted in a TD that drive. If anyone goes back and watches the next plays. Mario Williams is getting held from the behind and no flags throw.

There needs to be a way to review PI calls or at least have the head ref up in the box so he can watch the screens and get every angle to make the best decision, creating the most fair game possible.

Not this crud that gave the Jags the last TD

Another question is why didn't the back judge make the call as he had the better view? And if he had the better view of the play and didn't throw the flag why didn't he say to the official who threw the flag, "I saw it and it wasn't PI, pick up the flag."

A bad team which leads the league in penalties doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing to do with "benefit of the doubt." Nor does it matter that we were down by 24 points. The objective reality is that we were winning the game and the refs made a horrible call that directly led to us losing the game. That's it.

EJ lost this game all by himself. That said, Jacksonville's so bad that we probably pull it out if not for this call.

He is our 3rd string (before we traded our 2nd string) QB. With have the OL injured and the top half of our WRs. I expected EJ to suck but not this bad.

Either way our injured and poorly coached team played well enough to fight there way back to a lead, only to have the refs 'keep it interesting' by awarding the Jags a TD drive.

The refs did the exact smae thing in the other London Game this year. The Jets forced a 3 and out like 5 or 6 times in a row, only for phantom call after phantom call to be called on the Jets D. It was obvious that anyone watching that the League wants these London games to be close and exciting. The Bills stopping the Jaggs and running out the clock doesn't fit that narrative.

He is our 3rd string (before we traded our 2nd string) QB. With have the OL injured and the top half of our WRs. I expected EJ to suck but not this bad.

Either way our injured and poorly coached team played well enough to fight there way back to a lead, only to have the refs 'keep it interesting' by awarding the Jags a TD drive.

The refs did the exact smae thing in the other London Game this year. The Jets forced a 3 and out like 5 or 6 times in a row, only for phantom call after phantom call to be called on the Jets D. It was obvious that anyone watching that the League wants these London games to be close and exciting. The Bills stopping the Jaggs and running out the clock doesn't fit that narrative.

It was a terrible call, but your theory is stretching it. They would've seen a comeback win. That's plenty of excitement.

Thank you. Somebody sees through this nonsense.

It was a terrible call, but your theory is stretching it. They would've seen a comeback win. That's plenty of excitement.

Nothing is stretching it.

Out of the 77 games played thus far, 43 have ended with a margin of 8 points or less. In other words, a single score differential. Seven games have needed overtime to determine a winner. Of the 16primetime games, 10 have ended with the losing team within a single score and two have needed overtime to be settled. The average point differential of primetime games thus far is 7.25 points. For the entire season of 77 games, the average point differential is 10.57. Seems high, right? But if you remove the 13 blowout games in which the winning team won by 20 or more points, the point differential for the remaining 64 games drops to 7.28.

The long and short of it is this: games in which the score is close are going to hold fans interest longer. Especially when it's the fourth quarter and a team is one score away from tying, taking the lead, or outright winning the game (such as this week's Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Footballofferings which were determined in the final seconds).

http://www.thefixisin.net/nfl2015.html

Yes it was a BAD call. It also should not have led to the game winning score. They were playing one of the WORST teams in the NFL at a neutral site and should have put the game away long before this penalty occurred. You know what the difference was?

- TURNOVERS

- BAD QB PLAY

- PENALTIES...AGAIN!

- INABILITY OF THE DEFENSE TO STOP A HORRIBLE OFFENSE WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE AFTER FIGHTING BACK FROM A 24 POINT DEFICIT.

Refs screwed the Jags on EJ's phantom roughing the passer call on 3rd down.

EJ got destroyed on a few no calls today. It was a terrible call and affected the games outcome. I usually agree with the only one play but it's a big one and set up their TD