Phantom call on Robey =Royally Screwed in England

Bocephuz

Nobody gets to that level by being incompetent. You're confusing competence with corruption and backroom deals.

Yes and no. Politicians can be corrupt and masters at back room deals -- but still be complete morons. Off the top of my head I can rattle off a couple dozen from each party, but I'll save that for another day in PPP.

Edited by Felonious Monk

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad we were in a position to be negatively impacted by an official's call. Anybody notice we don't get a lot of replays on penalty calls any more? I'm convinced the league has instructed the networks not to show replays on penalties as they really illustrated the absurd nature of having part time referees in a multi-billion dollar league.

GO BILLS!!!

You're not allowed to throw blind side peel back blocks anymore since the Hines Ward days.

Was that blind, though? Looked like Woods was facing Poz the entire time. Yet another penalty call that wasn't shown on replay in any meaningful way.

GO BILLS!!!

Too bad we were in a position to be negatively impacted by an official's call. Anybody notice we don't get a lot of replays on penalty calls any more? I'm convinced the league has instructed the networks not to show replays on penalties as they really illustrated the absurd nature of having part time referees in a multi-billion dollar league.

GO BILLS!!!

Was that blind, though? Looked like Woods was facing Poz the entire time. Yet another penalty call that wasn't shown on replay in any meaningful way.

GO BILLS!!!

I'll have to take a look later on Gamepass.

GO BILLS!!!

He was facing him. Poz lowered his shoulder to try to bowl over Woods and lost. Badly. He was abused and the flag was to soothe his ego. Can't have overrated LBs getting run over by WRs who aren't physical enough to be in the league after all, what kind of message would that send?

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

It wasn't. Hit him right in the front. The rule states side or below the waist.

It reminded me of the PI call Gilmore got last year vs. Denver. When you lay the boom and it makes that noise, they throw the flag.

He was facing him. Poz lowered his shoulder to try to bowl over Woods and lost. Badly. He was abused and the flag was to soothe his ego. Can't have overrated LBs getting run over by WRs who aren't physical enough to be in the league after all, what kind of message would that send?

I was going to start a thread on this.

That was, by far, the worst call of the game.

Poz was coming full speed right at woods and woods blew him up.

Further, when does a penalty on a play where there is a change in possession get enforced? Block happened while bills had ball, but McCoy fumbled and recovered by Jax. So Jax gets the ball and a pre-possession penalty? That can't be right.

Further, when does a penalty on a play where there is a change in possession get enforced? Block happened while bills had ball, but McCoy fumbled and recovered by Jax. So Jax gets the ball and a pre-possession penalty? That can't be right.

true. What the !@#$ was that? Jags should of gotten the ball inside their 5

It's right because of the nature of the penalty. It was a personal foul, which is always enforced. Personal fouls are considered more than a procedural penalty, so they enforce it no matter the outcome.

Yeah, I'm not certain of the actual rule in terms of change of possession on a call like that, but that was my first thought too. The whole thing was called wrong.

It's right because of the nature of the penalty. It was a personal foul, which is always enforced. Personal fouls are considered more than a procedural penalty, so they enforce it no matter the outcome.

:beer:

@Matt_Bove

Here's the Robey pass interference & his reaction to it after the game. Sorry, I'm a little ahead of ball #Bills

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/658349802111922176/pu/vid/1280x720/nHI3LY31vCDe48hI.mp4

@AroundTheNFL

Bills cornerback Nickell Robey: Pass interference call was 'terrible' http://at.nfl.com/OJ7rv6z

Edited by 26CornerBlitz