Phantom call on Robey =Royally Screwed in England

Bocephuz

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an absolutely brutal call. I was on the side of the field where the play happened, I have no idea what the official saw or what he thought he saw AND from where he made the call he couldn't see what effect Robey had on the play. He could only see what the Jags WR was doing. My guess is that he sees the Jag WR fall down and assumes Robey is the reason he fell.

Anyone know the refs name that made the call? Wondering if he's done any other Bills games this year.

I want to know this too. I don't buy into the theory that the league fixes games, but I don't think it's crazy to wonder if this ref's on someone's payroll. It's as bad a call as I've ever seen. Maybe worse that the Russell Wilson pick ruled a TD against GB.

Edited by Rob's House

Hit Poz too hard.

'Illegal Peel Back Block' whatever that is lol

The officiating is horrible in every game. I watch red zone channel and a call in one game is not called in another. No consistency from game to game...refs are looking directly at plays and not making calls.

Just by far the worst refs in any major sport. Mind boggling how inconsistent they are.

From every angle I saw Robey barely touched the guy. Maybe I missed something.That was 3rd down right??? Good job refs ruining a nice 2nd half effort by Bills

Phantom call as plain as the fog in London.

Refs screwed the Jags on EJ's phantom roughing the passer call on 3rd down.

you never quit do you.

I saw 2 or 3 holds by the Jags offense and defense that the Ref's didn't see as well.

One was so obvious that my wife chimed in saying that was a defensive hold!!

I want to know this too. I don't buy into the theory that the league fixes games, but I don't think it's crazy to wonder if this ref's on someone's payroll.

That's what I've been saying too. They're playing in England, a country with a massive, legal gambling industry. It just looks bad.

Yes it was 3rd and 10. Terrible call followed by and easy TD to give the comeback away

I blame Manuel. Obviously.

3rd and 15, actually, right?

I had a Ravens' fan friend text me almost immediately and out of the blue with "that PI call was BS". First comment he's made to me during a game all season.

Edited by BobChalmers

I was listening to the CBS morning radio show last week and If I remember correctly they had mentioned that the number of penalties so far this season is at a record level. They interviewed one of the heads of league officiating and his explanation was that "the players are trying to figure out what they can and can't get away with", almost like it's some kind of negotiating process.

That's seems to me to be a pretty bizarre way to manage a pretty important aspect of the game.

I think it's time to make all officials full time. The game is too fast and too complex now.

3rd and 15, actually, right?

I had a Ravens' fan friend text me almost immediately and out of the blue with "that PI call was BS". First comment he's made to me during a game all season.

Yep, same thing happened to me with my future son in law!

Maybe this has been addressed, but that call on peel back block on Woods on the McCoy fumble...just nothing fits the definition of a peel back block outside of "player running in direction of own endzone" ..

I mean just such an awful call

what was frustrating about that call was that it was an unbelievable block. Woods just absolutely blew Poz up. It was immaterial in the end, but still-- really irritating that the officials could make that call there, without seeing it.