Phantom call on Robey =Royally Screwed in England

Bocephuz

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Matt_Bove

Here's the Robey pass interference & his reaction to it after the game. Sorry, I'm a little ahead of ball #Bills

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/658349802111922176/pu/vid/1280x720/nHI3LY31vCDe48hI.mp4

@AroundTheNFL

Bills cornerback Nickell Robey: Pass interference call was 'terrible' http://at.nfl.com/OJ7rv6z

I repeat, the ref throwing the flag can't, in a million years, see if the DB committed a foul.

Shouldn't have come down to that. Turnovers and inconsistent D did us in. We are not a good team.

Agree. That was a bogus call and it looked from my seat in the stadium like Jerry was held on the touchdown play but we are not a well coached team there is just no getting away from it. We were better prepared to play and compete under the Jaguars line coach. I have fallen out of love with this team and this staff very quickly. I actually think that talent we have is papering over some cracks - I think the coaching flat out stinks.

Hearing from some jags fans, it could have been a make up call from the pick 6 noncall?

Noncall against whom? Looked like the intended receiver got his feet tangled Gilmore and tripped.

GO BILLS!!!

Watching the early part of the Jet/Patriots game and see a Jet receiver in the endzone, arms extended, ball placed perfectly...but just prior to ball reaching his hands, Patriot defender chops Jet receiver's left arm, making his hands scissor so he couldn't make the catch. Line judge is right there. No call! Jets settle for FG.

If the roles were reversed, guarantee PI would have been called. Making it worse, the talking head commentators doing the broadcast credit the Pats defender with making a great play!

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories, but the breaks the Pats get on a regular basis has to make me wonder if there isn't incentive for the NFL to rig games.

Without the PI on Robey, the Bills would more than likely have won today's game. One game in a 16 game schedule can be the difference between post season play or not being there. In hindsight after the season ends, the Robey call may turn out to be the difference (especially against an AFC team) between making the playoffs.

side note: EJ sucked in the early going, but it's a 60 minute game, and EJ did enough in the 2nd half to put them ahead after being down by 24. The Robey non-call and consecutive Hughes non-holding call made the difference IMO.

Was it definitely holding? Looked clear as day to me from my seat but not seen it back yet.

It was so clear that even when the jags scored on that play, I got up and walked away, expecting the call and another play. It was stunned when I came back and saw the score.

Terrible non-call-- but the refs missed a bunch of those. Dareus was getting held almost every play. Jersey pulled from behind type holds too.

Refs screwed the Jags on EJ's phantom roughing the passer call on 3rd down.

That was not phantom and refs missed the pass interference on bills receiver on that same play

Watching some games right now, all PI flags coming from the ref watching the DB from behind. We get !@#$ed by the one that should have thrown the flag to the LT that held Hughes.

definiely holding on hughes on that play

Hearing from some jags fans, it could have been a make up call from the pick 6 noncall?

the dude fell and so there is make up calls in the NFL. Doesn't that seems like we are saying that they are controlling the game.

Shouldn't come down to one play. That play wasn't a touchdown

maybe so... but I will guarantee you the probability of the Jags winning would have been very low with the next play a 4th and 15. It's easy to say it should haven't come down to one play but a ton of NFL games do. The game was hijacked by a ref that couldn't even see the play. NFL refs suck