3-3 Glass Half Full or Half Empty!

1/2 empty for sure!

I think that will be the majority's belief, me included. Penalties, injuries, and the overall team's performance has left much to be desired. If we lose to Jacksonville in London, a VERY REAL possibility, we can all pack it in as the drought will continue.

I'm seeing the glass half full. A lot of our struggles can be tied to injuries at key positions and while the D hasn't been spectacular, a lot of their woes have cascaded over to them from the Offense and Special Teams. Assuming we can limp into the Bye at 4-3 and take some time to get healthier I feel good about the remaining teams on the schedule that aren't named New England and Dallas (assuming they get healthy as well).

I think that will be the majority's belief, me included. Penalties, injuries, and the overall team's performance has left much to be desired. If we lose to Jacksonville in London, a VERY REAL possibility, we can all pack it in as the drought will continue.

If Manuel plays, and he plays like he did yesterday which was like a decent NFL backup which is what he is, Shady and the rest of the team play as they did yesterday they beat the Jags. Losing to the Jags would indicate the team has given up. I just don't see that happening at all. And I've never ever been accused of being a homer ;)

Full empty to some around here. What a bunch of whinny brats we've got throwing hissy fits after losing to a better team.

That's the problem---too many teams are better than we are. Beating a bad team doesn't idicate how good you are; but not beating good teams does tell you how mediocre you are.

Defense in the bottom half , close to bottom third of points scored against. Did the D line get old that quick or is the scheme not that good?.

TT or EJ....doesn't matter. O is doing enough for a dominant D to win games. Hopefully they turn it around in the second half but this is an 8-8 team.

Half empty

sorry to have to admit, being a fan of the Rex hire, half-empty

-not a good sign when the defensive leaders are speaking up week 6 about the system they're in

-I wanted to ignore it at the time, but Rex usually opting to run the 3-4 was a concern as we had just finished getting rid of all of our legacy 3-4 guys.

-Penalties are a major issue. We were flagged probably 6 times yest before Cinci was flagged once. We do not get the benefit of the doubt on marginal calls because of our reprutation.

-I think our offensive philosophy does not fit our talent. Too many coaches try to force-fit players into system when they should fit system around players

-ST's are unwatchable save for Colton and his nasty leg.

There's time to fix things...remains to be seen how the Coaching staff responds.

Sorry. I just have zero faith in Rex Ryan.

Right now, I don't think the team has faith in Rex.

haha-- well said. They have to beat Jax.

They don't have to beat Jax. They're a younger and hungrier team than the Bills. I wouldn't be surprised to lose this game.

The Bills are a 7-9 team at best right now unless they drastically turn it around. It couldn't be a better game for the Bills this week to go out at completely dominate this opponent. It comes down to coaching and players buying into a system and making the necessary plays to win football games.

I don't see this team going "above and beyond" to make plays that are needed to win football games right now. There seems to be a lot of selfishness and pride overlooking the details and not enough discipline by both the players and coaches to win football games. It seems like we just go out there and whatever happens, happens.

Edited by mattsox

At this point it's pretty clear the Pats and Bengals are the class of the AFC. I can't get too down about losing to them, especially given the injury situation. If you would have told me before the season we would go 3-1 against Indy / @ Miami / Giants / @ Tennessee I would have taken it.

I don't know what people were expecting. Tyrod has shown flashes at QB but is still learning to be the starter. 3-3 against our schedule is right where we should be, anyone who thought this was a 12-4 team simply does not have realistic expectations.

Half full for me.... Will be all empty if they lose on Sunday to the Jags.

If they lose to the Jags, it'll be more like the glass got thrown against the wall and will never hold water again.

I am half full. Sure we have talent and exciting new regime, but 'rome wasn't built in a day' and 2 of our losses were to elite teams. Injuries have plagued this team yet I haven't heard any excuses from OBD, instead they try to assemble players to give us the best chance to win. There seems to be some questions on the systems we are running, yet I have seen adjustments being made on both sides of the ball. This team is a work in progress and heading in the right direction. A lot of the issues are fixable. We have the talent to make the playoffs this year, but now it's just a matter of worlds aligning and everyone being on the field contributing. Go Bills!

Half empty. That changed for me this week. And not so much because the Bills look like they can't compete with a good team. Rather, it's the competition. The best news we had this year until now was a number of our wild card competitors falling flat on their faces. (Starting point: barring Brady going down for the season, we ain't catching NE) Dolphins had given up. KC was quickly falling out of competition. Ditto the Ravens. Steelers lost Big Ben. Chargers couldn't put it together. But what we've seen this week is that the Dolphins are apparently planning to show up this year after all, the Steelers are getting through Ben's injury just fine, thank you, and the Jets are roughly even with us talent wise, and ahead of us -- 2 games ahead of us in the loss column -- in the standings. And others who've looked dead (Texans) are going to hang around too. So my confidence meter moved a bit in the wrong direction this weekend.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

I am half full. Sure we have talent and exciting new regime, but 'rome wasn't built in a day' and 2 of our losses were to elite teams. Injuries have plagued this team yet I haven't heard any excuses from OBD, instead they try to assemble players to give us the best chance to win. There seems to be some questions on the systems we are running, yet I have seen adjustments being made on both sides of the ball. This team is a work in progress and heading in the right direction. A lot of the issues are fixable. We have the talent to make the playoffs this year, but now it's just a matter of worlds aligning and everyone being on the field contributing. Go Bills!

Rome was already built when Rex got here. He fuct it up.

some of it was built, our QB sitch was a mess, CJ & Freddy weren't getting the job done. i have to believe that this team is being built correctly

I was speaking specifically of the defense, but I didn't make that clear at all, sorry.

If this year's defense played like last year's defense, games like yesterday's would be a lot easier to actually compete in.

yeah, the defense is baffling me, others that know better than I are saying Rex's D uses our players differently than they are used to, hopefully Rex isn't so stubborn as to try and square peg/round hole and that he uses what he has that works. We shall see, but I still am very optimistic.

I was speaking specifically of the defense, but I didn't make that clear at all, sorry.

If this year's defense played like last year's defense, games like yesterday's would be a lot easier to actually compete in.

I'd say half full. Of course the Bills should really only have one loss this year, but I haven't ever gotten the feeling they've been out of any of the games with the exception of the first half of the NE game. They are really only one game behind where I had hoped they would be going into the season. The Giants game hurts the most because it was a very winnable game. As long as they can pull off a win against Jacksonville and then regroup in the bye week I think we will see better things in the second half. I just would really like to see some soul searching going on with the defensive coaching. Dig out the tapes of the defense from the past two years and swallow your pride a little bit.

yeah, the defense is baffling me, others that know better than I are saying Rex's D uses our players differently than they are used to, hopefully Rex isn't so stubborn as to try and square peg/round hole and that he uses what he has that works. We shall see, but I still am very optimistic.

That stubbornness is my biggest concern.

That stubbornness is my biggest concern.

You get that part and parcel with Rex Ryan. That's just part of his personality. And his personality, I believe, was a big factor of his being hired by the Bills (and probably the Jets) in the first place.

No a la carte Rex offering ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

I'm not sure there's a lot to be excited about. Defensively, the Bills are below average at this point. 17th in yards allowed per game. 22nd in first downs per game. 25th in sacks. This is NOT the defense we expected from this team. That said, I do think that you can place some of the blame on the offense. 29th in first downs per game. 29th in yards per game. 62 penalties as well for 583 yards. Next closest is Denver with 50 with 135 less yards. At the end of the day, there is no team in recent memory that had a stellar defense without even an average offense and special teams. People so love to cite those Ravens teams and all of their playoff appearances. One has to simply look back and can see that while the defenses looked good on paper, the offenses were regularly in the top half of the NFL. Simply put, the Bills are just not going to get it done with the anemic stinky product that they're putting on the field offensively. They're lucky to be 3-3 at this point.

For now, half full. The only game I expected them to win and they lost was to the Giants but that gets balanced by the Colts win somewhat. What concerns me is the way they are losing. The defense is mediocre at best so far. The number of penalties and mistakes that they make don't bode well. This is not a smart team. If they lose to Jax, the season may be over especially if the stupid plays and penalties continue.

Six of one half dozen of the other.

In my opinion we still have two inexperienced QB's making the best of a bad situation - injuries and a brutal schedule.

I have seen a bunch of long scorning drives, a few long drives w/o a score (penalties killed them) and a lot of consecutive 3 and outs over the past month.

Not what I was hoping for, but not yet a total disaster.

What sucks is that it is not quite halfway into the season and expectations have to be so drastically re-calibrated. Before the season started, it seem plausible that if the team got decent QB play (which it has) that it might be able to compete for the division championship. We are three games back in the loss column and would likely lose any tiebreaker with the Pats, so that hope is pretty much shattered.

It is much harder to get charged up about doing that math on whether or not I have to give a crap about whether the Browns or Broncos win a game.

If we win out through week 10, including beating the Jets, I will be fired up. A loss to the Jets will be crushing.

If the Bills lose to the Jags in London the season is OVER. This team won't win 8 games if they can't beat an AWFUL Jags team in London.

It's half empty, as they Bills are a win behind where I thought they would be ( had them beating NYG) . That said, they can get to the halfway point at 5-3. That should be on track for a WC berth given the AFC appears weaker than last season. The next two are critical, as stats show sub 500 at midway point is a tough look to make the playoffs. The Bills haven't won 2 in a row yet, so it's easier said than done.