Watkins: "I need 10 targets... You're making me look bad."

johnwalter

Bobby [Robert] Woods

Any update on Porcelain Watkins?? Is he making the trip??

Imo

So the same bob woods that in an extra season has only 2-300 more yards and an extra td, while averaging fewer yards per catch? Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one of the most frustrating things to watch today. Watching A wide open guy roll his own ankle. Maybe it was already sore after having to pull it out of his mouth this week. 10 times a game...kinda helps if you play the whole game bro!

His rant this week reminds me of his premature celebration last year....too soon to do either.

That was one of the most frustrating things to watch today. Watching A wide open guy roll his own ankle. Maybe it was already sore after having to pull it out of his mouth this week. 10 times a game...kinda helps if you play the whole game bro!

His rant this week reminds me of his premature celebration last year....too soon to do either.

Hmmm, 5 targets = 48 yards and a td. Get off of his back. God I think some of you people love to hate our guys. Injuries are unlucky, and rather than condemn him for getting injured, and trying to tear him down, why don't you wish him a speedy recovery so that he can come back and help us win games? It's like an injury is a personal affront to you. He doesn't like it any better than you.

On another note, AJ Green who people brought up as an elite WR that "just gets it done", got 4 catches for 37 yards the whole game. But the elite guys find a way to get it done, amiright?

Edited by What a Tuel

Hmmm, 5 targets = 48 yards and a td. Get off of his back. God I think some of you people love to hate our guys. Injuries are unlucky, and rather than condemn him for getting injured, and trying to tear him down, why don't you wish him a speedy recovery so that he can come back and help us win games? It's like an injury is a personal affront to you. He doesn't like it any better than you.

On another note, AJ Green who people brought up as an elite WR that "just gets it done", got 4 catches for 37 yards the whole game. But the elite guys find a way to get it done, amiright?

yep it's hilarious. you mean the AJ Green whose home address is the Bengals injury report. Bust!

Coach Herm really laid into Watkins and shooting his big mouth off on football night. Kinda surprised how strongly he railed on him.

I'm not surprised. That is how all these old coaches are, its like an old fraternity. I'm sure a lot of older players feel the same. Problem is, I don't think the current and younger players represent the same old culture. Similar to baseball, old guys always believe the game is to be respected a certain way, the line shouldn't be crossed.

Starting to think that Watkins putting the rib injury out there publicly was more of a contract thing. The whole I'm-better-than-my-numbers-I-was-just-injured tact. And while it is true that healthier players are better (obviously), it's also true that every player who gets on the field in the NFL is dinged up at some point. At some point dings and injuries aren't excuses anymore, they become concerns. If Watkins wants that huge payday, then he's going to have to show that he can stay healthy as well as perform.

We will take him off your hands!!!!

1 for 1 with Joe Thomas and I'd consider it

holy Sh*t -- DONE

That'd be one of the stupidest trades imaginable for Cleveland.

In re. Sammy - I like the kid a lot and he has some maturing to do. There is no question he is a talent. He will get better but I'm afraid he'll never be an upper echelon receiver until TT recognizes him quicker and/or trusts that he will be open when he is momentarily covered (i.e. trusts that Sammy will get to the spot as planned and win the battle).

As for his propensity for injury (or pain tolerance), if this ankle sprain truly prevented him from playing in the second half we'll never know. That is a purely subjective standard (we can't scan his ankle and measure the pain). I guess I am guilty of thinking all WR's and TE's are the hardened, "I gotta get back in there and play" types. Not sure any of you youngsters remember the Miami San Diego playoff game from the 80's. It was a night game and I personally thought it was one of the best games ever played. Kellen Winslow had to be helped off the field by his teammates at the end because he was literally spent, bruised, knocked around all night. It's unfair to compare Sammy to that standard, but I was hoping he would have taped the ankle and gone back in.

If people want to see the effect QB play has on a top end WR look no further than Antonio Brown. He has put up less than pedestrian numbers since Ben went down.

haha yes but he is always hurt. Could be a hangnail and he's whining.

As I mentioned in the other thread, it is not unreasonable to be concerned now, and I was a defender of him vis-a-vis the injury-prone label. I know players get hurt all the time in the NFL, but in Watkins' case, it's not even really the number of injuries (5); it's the variety of them: ankle, calf, hip, glute, ribs. I mean,what's next? A knee? Turf toe? A torn bicep/tricep?

As I mentioned in the other thread, it is not unreasonable to be concerned now, and I was a defender of him vis-a-vis the injury-prone label. I know players get hurt all the time in the NFL, but in Watkins' case, it's not even really the number of injuries (5); it's the variety of them: ankle, calf, hip, glute, ribs. I mean,what's next? A knee? Turf toe? A torn bicep/tricep?

My money is on a bruised ego.

Spoken for truth. The EJ Haters were building up all week to jump on his azz at the first incompletion. They turned this place into a loony bin with their hate. And it's real, palpable hate they have for him. Some "fans" have it in for Watkins, Goodwin, Rex, you name it and they'll hate it. It's like they look to The Bills to validate their lives. A narrow victory isn't enough - it's gotta be a blow out in order for them to feel good. A loss - for get it. They go ballistic spewing hate-filled diatribes and stinking up this place like a baby with poopy diapers. They never miss a chance to run down The Bills and the players. Unbelievable.

haha yes but he is always hurt. Could be a hangnail and he's whining.

His feelings were hurt by Brooks "taunting" him. Looked immediately for the flag. FWIW, I didn't think that was much of a taunt. One scream in his face. Big friggin' deal.

His feelings were hurt by Brooks "taunting" him. Looked immediately for the flag. FWIW, I didn't think that was much of a taunt. One scream in his face. Big friggin' deal.

to be fair, its pretty much the textbook definition of what the nfl is going to flag

to be fair, its pretty much the textbook definition of what the nfl is going to flag

When I saw him lean over, I yelled, "don't taunt him!!" at the TV. It was clearly a taunt and his clearly an idiot.

Any coach with a backbone would have told brooks to get his helmet and go into the locker room. This team is a joke. Some ass who barely made the rooster taunting- I would cut him today, just to make an example of him. This is foolishness at its best.

Any coach with a backbone would have told brooks to get his helmet and go into the locker room. This team is a joke. Some ass who barely made the rooster taunting- I would cut him today, just to make an example of him. This is foolishness at its best.

you can bet he'd be inactive next week if he was on new England.

Not doable in the NFL...ask Singletary how that worked out. Especially a guy who plays teams with three key guys on teams already out for the game.

Having said that, Rex hinted at personnel moves , and I would think Brooks is on the line with Leo coming back. But Leo doesnt play teams either...soooo

Not doable in the NFL...ask Singletary how that worked out. Especially a guy who plays teams with three key guys on teams already out for the game.

Having said that, Rex hinted at personnel moves , and I would think Brooks is on the line with Leo coming back. But Leo doesnt play teams either...soooo

I was hoping Crossman

If people want to see the effect QB play has on a top end WR look no further than Antonio Brown. He has put up less than pedestrian numbers since Ben went down.

I wonder if the Steeler's fans are tired of his mediocre performances. He should just be getting it done.

Ok this isn't a unique thing to Bills fan's I guess.

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/could-martavis-be-better-than-ab.12674/ "Could Martavis be better than Antonio Brown?"

and the response :lol: :

Part of the reason Bryant has been so good is Brown. Brown gets double coverage.

Bryant is good. But, he ain't a fart in the windstorm to how good Brown runs routes.

Brown might be the best route runner I have ever seen.

But you need two good guys. Swann and Stahlworth proved that.

Edited by What a Tuel