Watkins: "I need 10 targets... You're making me look bad."

johnwalter

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I was wondering what the purpose or thinking behind drafting a good receiver is. But it gets worse...we give up an additional first for drafting Sammy!?? So yeah, I agree with Sammy's comments. Why isnt he getting the ball? Is Tyrod not going through his progressions or are the plays intended to use Sammy as a patsy? Buffalo is going to blow it and eventually Sammy will walk. Better start satisfying the man.

Edited by JTO

Here's a link to your query

1) Clay: 32 Targets, 5 games (6.4 per Game)

2) Harvin: 30 Targets, 5 Games (6 per Game)

3) Woods: 17 Targets, 5 Games (3.4 per Game)

4) Hogan: 13 Targets, 5 Games (2.6 per Game)

5) Watkins: 13 Targets, 3 Games (4.3 per Game)

6) McCoy: 11 Targets, 3 Games (3.7 per Game)

7) Karlos: 7 Targets, 4 Games (1.75 per Game)

Interestingly, Watkins also has the lowest Catch % of any of our players with 5 or more targets per those stats, but he also has the highest yards per catch of the same group.

You're awesome! Thanks.

Hogan leads the team in catch percentage. 92.3%! 12 catches on 13 targets. I would throw his way too.

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

Do they all say "you're making me look bad, I'm just as good as (insert way more productive WR's here)!"

Not just WRs:

1.) After a mistake-filled Week 5 loss that saw Kelly separate his shoulder, the bickering reached another peak. Kelly started by ripping his offensive line - specifically Howard Ballard, who whiffed on the defender that injured Kelly.

2.) Greg Bell, who had been traded to the Rams as part of the deal that brought Cornelius Bennett a year earlier, lashed out against his former teammates leading up to the game. He accused Jim Haslett and Fred Smerlas of being "rednecks," and hinted that they were prejudiced. He didn't stop there, accusing Marv Levy of being a "con artist" as a coach.

3.) According to various reports, assistant coaches and former off-season roommates Tom Bresnahan and Nick Nicolau brawled while reviewing game film. Nicolau punched Bresnahan in the chin. Nicolau got Bresnahan into a headlock and ran his head through a wall.

4.) Kelly had added to his offensive line comments by publicly criticizing Ronnie Harmon's pass-catching ability. On the Darryl Talley show, Thomas was critical of Kelly's comments toward other players. (Saying they needed to upgrade QB* not in this article but look it up*)

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/6/20/2228738/bickering-bills

We are 3-2, so his current number of targets must be working to some extent.

Exactly.

This team is just getting warmed up. Be patient Sammy! Do what you do. Your time is coming!

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

Not just WRs:

1.) After a mistake-filled Week 5 loss that saw Kelly separate his shoulder, the bickering reached another peak. Kelly started by ripping his offensive line - specifically Howard Ballard, who whiffed on the defender that injured Kelly.

2.) Greg Bell, who had been traded to the Rams as part of the deal that brought Cornelius Bennett a year earlier, lashed out against his former teammates leading up to the game. He accused Jim Haslett and Fred Smerlas of being "rednecks," and hinted that they were prejudiced. He didn't stop there, accusing Marv Levy of being a "con artist" as a coach.

3.) According to various reports, assistant coaches and former off-season roommates Tom Bresnahan and Nick Nicolau brawled while reviewing game film. Nicolau punched Bresnahan in the chin. Nicolau got Bresnahan into a headlock and ran his head through a wall.

4.) Kelly had added to his offensive line comments by publicly criticizing Ronnie Harmon's pass-catching ability. On the Darryl Talley show, Thomas was critical of Kelly's comments toward other players. (Saying they needed to upgrade QB* not in this article but look it up*)

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/6/20/2228738/bickering-bills

That is some quality drama!

Do they all say "you're making me look bad, I'm just as good as (insert way more productive WR's here)!"

Several of the best players in history have been bad guys, not team players (or whatever it is uoure trying to label Watkins). Emmit Smith made it clear he was after individual records, rice criticized young when he took over for montana, our own Andre Reed as we we've seen, and on and on. Different guys motivate themselves differently and it can still work within team context. What exactly is it you're saying should be done to Watkins? And what would have happened if same were done to all those HoF'ers?

All I know is we are going to see EJ/Tyrod chuck it to Sammy like the old days with JP bombing it to Lee Evans every other play this Sunday!

Florio's headline tho

@ProFootballTalk: If you had Sammy Watkins in the "Which Bills Offensive Player Publicly Complains First?" pool, go get your money http://t.co/d5CRSyY3QR

Rex doesn't give a sh*t about his comments and agrees he should get more targets. That says it all.

Of course Rex doesn't care. The question is do other players in the locker room care?

Edited by jmc12290

Several of the best players in history have been bad guys, not team players (or whatever it is uoure trying to label Watkins). Emmit Smith made it clear he was after individual records, rice criticized young when he took over for montana, our own Andre Reed as we we've seen, and on and on. Different guys motivate themselves differently and it can still work within team context. What exactly is it you're saying should be done to Watkins? And what would have happened if same were done to all those HoF'ers?

Nothing.

Florio's headline tho

@ProFootballTalk: If you had Sammy Watkins in the "Which Bills Offensive Player Publicly Complains First?" pool, go get your money http://t.co/d5CRSyY3QR

Rex doesn't give a sh*t about his comments and agrees he should get more targets. That says it all.

If there's two things Rex knows, it's appropriate comments and offense!

All I know is we are going to see EJ/Tyrod chuck it to Sammy like the old days with JP bombing it to Lee Evans every other play this Sunday!

Of course Rex doesn't care. The question is do other players in the locker room care?

doubt it. They see the film too.

All I know is we are going to see EJ chuck it to Sammy like the old days with JP bombing it to Lee Evans every other play this Sunday!

I'm hoping for Tyrod, but I guess EJ will suffice.

If there's two things Rex knows, it's appropriate comments and offense!

Touche.

So Tyrod and EJ are ok with Sammy's comments?

they should man up and take it as a challenge. If they are competitors they will want to get him the ball. They are in film study too looking at all the times he is open. Their coaches are probably telling them the same thing. As pros, they have to know that it is part of their job to get him the ball more in order to maximize the effectiveness of the offense.

I even hear college WRs at OSU pleading to the QBs on Twitter and talking to the media all the time about wanting the ball. I am sure this is nothing they haven't heard before.

Edited by YoloinOhio