Watkins: "I need 10 targets... You're making me look bad."

johnwalter

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad he and his agent have reached out the Bills. He should be getting at least 10 targets a game. i have felt this way for a year and a half now! This team will be more successful using him correctly. He said nothing wrong and has been patient and its not getting done by sitting back.

yep. They can't use the excuse of not having a great QB situation because the Texans are setting some kind of record with targets to DeAndre Hopkins.

Has he not talked to them? It sounded like he's talked to them.

Do you know what's been said?

Maybe, I should have said exclusively with his coaches teammates. Keep it in house, especially for a 2nd year guy.

Sammy's a great talent, but my feeling is that he has not earned the right to call out coaches and teammates.

this. im convinced most of the people here complaining about this just have nothing else to do with their life besides argue and nit pick about something they read. its sad.

I have better things to do, but I can't pull myself away from this board.

It's becoming an issue. I might need professional help.

Maybe, I should have said exclusively with his coaches teammates. Keep it in house, especially for a 2nd year guy.

Sammy's a great talent, but my feeling is that he has not earned the right to call out coaches and teammates.

how does he earn the right?

take snaps at RB?

And how many games did he play hurt or had to leave early due to injury?

you do know almost every WR plays with something and isn't 100%, right? Not just him? Julio Jones, Dez, Calvin, Alshon, AJ Green, etc live on the injury report. He left 1 game early - Miami. I feel this is a weird thing to criticize him for. Someone else just criticized him for NOT playing hurt. Smh.

Folks taking shots at Sammy now.

belly2__2__bigger.jpgScott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar

Bills picked worst draft to trade up for a WR (Sammy). Also erred in thinking he alone could fix EJ. Now a new coach & QB are there.

Jason La Canfora Retweeted

smiw9gcU_bigger.jpgAmy Trask ‏@AmyTrask 2m2 minutes ago

Amy Trask Retweeted Scott Kacsmar

And irrespective of whether one liked Watkins, one could have had OBJ at that spot and kept the traded pick.

Ultimately, so what here?

When (and they will) he gets targeted a bunch and puts up a 10 catch 175 yard game with 3 TDs some people will look back and realize he is right. Patience on Sammy's part has done nothing to improve the misuse of a stud.

That's the next phase...

When he starts getting targeted, he'd better produce.

Not that he hasn't already....I'm just saying there will be plenty of overreactions.

That's the next phase...

When he starts getting targeted, he'd better produce.

Not that he hasn't already....I'm just saying there will be plenty of overreactions.

absolutely. He wants the opportunity to show what he can do. Fwiw I thought he was pretty damn good last year.