Watkins: "I need 10 targets... You're making me look bad."

johnwalter

I'm surprised how many people think it's ok to go to the media and throw your QB and coaching staff under the bus to make yourself look better.

His numbers don't stack up well against other receivers drafted in his class and he is blaming the QB for not targeting him (because he's "young"- lol, like Sammy's a proven vet or something) and the coaching staff for apparently not doing a better job game planning. It's not his fault that he looks bad, it's his team mates and coaches. That's awesome.

It's literally not his fault. The tape shows that.

No one seems to be asking what brought this out, though. He's already talked to the coaches. We know Rex doesn't put a muzzle on his players...

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not when you know the media is looking for headlines. And when teammates are reading it.

Watkins' comments are inherently more negative. I don't see how anyone can argue the contrary.

The only thing I dont agree with is giving a number of targets (10)

I would have preferred that he said......"I need the ball to be productive"

I'm surprised how many people think it's ok to go to the media and throw your QB and coaching staff under the bus to make yourself look better.

His numbers don't stack up well against other receivers drafted in his class and he is blaming the QB for not targeting him (because he's "young"- lol, like Sammy's a proven vet or something) and the coaching staff for apparently not doing a better job game planning. It's not his fault that he looks bad, it's his team mates and coaches. That's awesome.

It's more often the media going to players for quotes and stories than the players going to the media. Hard to say where this started. Tyler Dunne likes to do, and is good at doing feature articles and asking a lot of questions. It's possible Watkins took the opportunity presented to give his opinion just before a big game and the first time he will be playing in three weeks.

to help us win games. Not to be compared to OBJ and Julio.

Isnt it all basically the same thing

?

You can choose to be overly critical on Watkins comments......that is your choice

I have been feeling for a while now that the bills should not be using Sammy as a decoy on these games.......we need production out of a WR that talented

Last I heard, Jason Whitten has two sprained ankles and a bum knee... but he's playing. There comes a time where you tell the trainers "yeah, I'm good" and you hit the field. Sammy's been sitting on the bench with Shady a little too long talking contracts (because, after all, that's what this is all about).

He made his argument too much about himself.

He's made his argument equally about himself AND the team, but people are focusing on the self because of this headline.

I agree that how he said it has made himself look selfish to anyone who hasn't been paying attention. We'd be better off if he kept it about the team in front of the media.

He's made his argument equally about himself AND the team, but people are focusing on the self because of this headline.

I agree that how he said it has made himself look selfish to anyone who hasn't been paying attention. We'd be better off if he kept it about the team in front of the media.

That's my whole point in a nutshell. Either use more discretion when choosing your words or keep it in house.

Edited by FireChan

He's on a 5 year deal and can be tagged for a 6th.

I'm slightly skeptical that this is just about money, though clearly even if it is, if he earns a paycheck like megatron we should be thrilled.

That's precisely why I'm concerned with involving his agent in something that 99.9% of the time is strictly a matter of a frustrated player spouting off.

GO BILLS!!!

That's my whole point in a nutshell. Either use more discretion when choosing your words or keep it in house.

I'd rather have them talk freely than have to hire speechwriters. These are twenty-something kids. That some fans pick thru every little word as if its a prepared white house statement is their problem imo

It's more often the media going to players for quotes and stories than the players going to the media. Hard to say where this started. Tyler Dunne likes to do, and is good at doing feature articles and asking a lot of questions. It's possible Watkins took the opportunity presented to give his opinion just before a big game and the first time he will be playing in three weeks.

ty Dunne was also the one who got Dareus to spill his guts during the contract negotiation. He must be giving them all truth serum, lol. Anyway, he doesn't need to be a people pleaser he wants to win games and produce like a guy they traded up for and said was their #1 WR. He's open almost all the time, Is the most talented WR on the team, and can't throw the ball to himself. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'd rather have them talk freely than have to hire speechwriters. These are twenty-something kids. That some fans pick thru every little word as if its a prepared white house statement is their problem imo

I don't buy that Sammy was speaking flippantly here. There was some premeditation in these words.

Is he or isnt he being targeted with the ball in games.....this is a simple yes or no

No.

Your turn. Is his bashing his team mates in the media designed to help the team or is it for a more selfish reason?

Edited by vincec

ty Dunne was also the one who got Dareus to spill his guts during the contract negotiation. He must be giving them all truth serum, lol. Anyway, he doesn't need to be a people pleaser he wants to win games and produce like a guy they traded up for and said was their #1 WR. He's open almost all the time and can't throw the ball to himself.

Does he have any Super Soldier Serum?

Injuries, be gone!