Watkins: "I need 10 targets... You're making me look bad."

johnwalter

So, he goes to the press to make his case and then complains that they mischaracterized him? Come on. If he cared what his team thought in the first place he wouldn't be talking to the press about his team mates faults.

I don't think he was harsh at all on his teammates TBH. Saying that they're young QB's is pretty tame, and I think Tyrod and EJ would agree.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he played through injury all last year and has said for 2 weeks he wants to play through the calf but the doctors need to clear him.

But.... I thought I read the Bills are wreckless with returning players from injury? So confusing.....

But.... I thought I read the Bills are wreckless with returning players from injury? So confusing.....

i didn't even read the Rodak article and neither did anyone else because not even PFT ran with it

Has he not talked to them? It sounded like he's talked to them.

Do you know what's been said?

it is common for agents to tell the team about the player's needs and situation.

Ugh some fans need to lighten up. Football is entertainment in the end and just as many bold and boisterous players have had long successful careers as have players who speak not a word to the media.

Edited by 34-78-83

I don't think he was harsh at all on his teammates TBH. Saying that they're young QB's is pretty tame, and I think Tyrod and EJ would agree.

I'm not sure if there's anything negative that you say to the press that's "tame" enough to not be taken badly by your team mates. Sammy's only doing it to try and make himself look better at Tyrod's expense so I don't think they're going to be too sympathetic.

I'm not sure if there's anything negative that you say to the press that's "tame" enough to not be taken badly by your team mates. Sammy's only doing it to try and make himself look better at Tyrod's expense so I don't think they're going to be too sympathetic.

I could see it either way. It's a very very small slight IMO.

personally, I think all professional players understand where he's coming from and TT probably agrees with him. Whether it translates to the field is anyone's guess but this isn't high school. They have this amazing talent who is getting open. Throw him the damn ball or they will find someone who can. Edited by YoloinOhio

@MattRichWarren: Sammy is way off base - not about his targets, he needs those - but calling out @TyDunne who included Sammy's team-first attitude in story.

@TyDunne: Thank you, Matt. As @sammywatkins said in the story, he believes this all helps the #Bills offense as a whole. https://t.co/e3kPLagAYY

@TyDunne: Watkins from the story: Thats really the focus: winning. If I get 80, 90, 100 yards, were winning the majority of our games. ... (con'd)

@TyDunne: Watkins con't: "That helps, not only me, but the whole offense click. Then I start getting more double-coverage and you run the ball...

Edited by YoloinOhio

This is the cocky attitude I've heard from people who have seen/met him out in Buffalo.

Don't fool yourself, you don't get to be the best at something without being cocky. Pay attention, its in every interview, every statement, in just about every sport. Look at interviews from competitors that avoid public scrutiny, like chess players, they all sound just like Watkins only less politic. I'm not saying football players don't put things like winning and the team first, but if you don't think they all have a maniacal opinion of their own abilities you're crazy.

Hilarious. The knuckleheads on this board complaining about Sammy's production vs say Odell Beckham , (who gets 10-12 targets per game ) will now blast Sammy for wanting the ball. Or they will criticize him for saying it publicly when they couldn't wait for Rex to crucify his team in front of the media for getting penalties . What a joke show! I don't think Sammy said anything wrong. Target this guy because he's your best receiver by a mile and he wants the ball. I'm sure he hears the nonsense about his supposed disappointing performance. He can only catch them if they are thrown his way.

Mostly goes with the Pollyanna syndrome. Everything is sunshine, lollipops, & rainbows when it comes to the Bills. God forbid anyone say something disparaging about the team, let alone a player.

I agree with Sammy, get him the ball.

Folks taking shots at Sammy now.

Bills picked worst draft to trade up for a WR (Sammy). Also erred in thinking he alone could fix EJ. Now a new coach & QB are there.

Jason La Canfora Retweeted

Amy Trask Retweeted Scott Kacsmar

And irrespective of whether one liked Watkins, one could have had OBJ at that spot and kept the traded pick.