Watkins: "I need 10 targets... You're making me look bad."

johnwalter

I've got no problem with "Look at the film. I'm getting open so go to me more." (Assuming he's right about the situation.) I've got a huge problem with "I need X number of targets." It's a selfish attitude that points to a guy who wants a big payday and not a guy who wants to win or help his team.

Not when him getting those targets is best for the team. I've said it often but he's a dynamic playmaker and your team is better off when you feed those guys the ball. Using him as a decoy is not best for this team long term, even if it might work some weeks.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a good look at all. The fact he has involved his agent raises a huge red flag for me, too. Sammy may have an agenda.

GO BILLS!!!

That was the only objection I had. Nothing he said was wrong...but it's not his agent that makes the game plan or throws the ball.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

lol. Yes, his agenda is "throw me the damn ball" ... They said that one reason they signed Harvin was so that it would open things up more for Sammy. Instead, Sammy opened things up for Harvin when he was out there. if QBs like Fitz and Hoyer, Bortles, Carr, etc can target their #1 WRs 10+ times a game, so can Taylor. Edited by YoloinOhio

lol. Yes, his agenda is "throw me the damn ball" ... They said that one reason they signed Harvin was so that it would open things up more for Sammy. Instead, Sammy opened things up for Harvin when he was out there. if QBs like Fitz and Hoyer, Bortles, Carr, etc can target their #1 WRs 10+ times a game, so can Taylor.

Yup. And the agent spin is always negative here but heaven forbid a 22 year old uses a professional advisor to help shape his professional career.

I'm not a fan of the trade up to use two first round picks to acquire Sammy Watkins. Now I am beginning to be not a fan of the player.

I'd be more worried if he didn't want to be our playmaker.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

You're welcome, but the poster known as Captain Obvious may have an issue.

lol. Yes, his agenda is "throw me the damn ball"

Without the agent involvement, I could leave it at that.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not a fan of the trade up to use two first round picks to acquire Sammy Watkins. Now I am beginning to be not a fan of the player.

You right

Lets B word about the fact that he doesnt have ODB stats

then

Lets B word that he is bitching about the lack of opportunities to have ODB stats

Def a lose/lose for Sammy Watkins to you.

He's just expressing the attitude a top WR needs, like Antonio brown:

Antonio Brown tells Mike Vick to 'trust me,' says 'I do need the ball'

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25340935/antonio-brown-tells-mike-vick-to-trust-me-says-i-do-need-the-ball

Things Brown didn't say:

you're making me look bad

you're making you look bad

that's a problem

You're welcome, but the poster known as Captain Obvious may have an issue.

Without the agent involvement, I could leave it at that.

GO BILLS!!!

He's on a 5 year deal and can be tagged for a 6th.

I'm slightly skeptical that this is just about money, though clearly even if it is, if he earns a paycheck like megatron we should be thrilled.

Edited by NoSaint

Just something to consider here

This is a Rex Ryan team......where he allows players to openly express their thoughts

and YES....it is making him look bad. You dont use 2 1st round picks for a "decoy"

Again John, honesty doesn't make it okay.

There's a right way and a wrong way to express this sentiment. Compare Brown's quotes to Sammy's. Also note that Brown is an actual productive veteran, not an up and comer.

Edited by FireChan

I'm surprised we're not blaming Rex, yet.

This candidness is obviously a product of the Rex Effect.

Oh, you beat me to it!

Just something to consider here

This is a Rex Ryan team......where he allows players to openly express their thoughts

and YES....it is making him look bad. You dont use 2 1st round picks for a "decoy"