Watkins: "I need 10 targets... You're making me look bad."

johnwalter

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With "Ground and Pound", how many passes do we expect per game. Obviously, this varies widely, but 10 targets on 20-25 throws is a lot considering the other options. Are we to throw 30-35 times? Then the expectation is more in line, but will we be that team?

seriously - his team is knocking the crap out of a division rival and he's not allowed to crack a smile with his teammates?

He can do whatever he wants. But the game was far from wrapped and when ya get hurt in the NFL how can you find anything funny. He seems to not mind missing the playing field. I doubt TT would of been joking around. Its the difference between a true pro. Sammy has alot of growing up to do.

With "Ground and Pound", how many passes do we expect per game. Obviously, this varies widely, but 10 targets on 20-25 throws is a lot considering the other options. Are we to throw 30-35 times? Then the expectation is more in line, but will we be that team?

Well, in Roman's offense in SF, Boldin averaged 8 targets a game while Kaep averaged 28 attempts per game.

So, at least 8, I guess.

Watkins says 10 because he's a selfish diva.

So is it the bad quarterbacking? The bad game planning? Or is it Sammy? Let's look at what Sammy can control: yards after a catch (YAC). Last year: 5.4 YAC per reception. Meh. OBJ was 5.7. Demaryius Thomas 6.1. Golden Tate 7.3. DeSean Jackson 8.6 if you need a "played with bad QBs" comps.

OK, so you say that's not fair. Apples to oranges, etc. EJ and Orton couldn't hit Sammy in stride like Eli hits OBJ in stride, or RG3 hit DeSean in stride (huh?). So let's look at YAC for Bills WRs only. That's fair, right? I mean, all our WRs had the same crappy EJ and Orton throws coming at them and the same Nate Hackett plays called. YAC per catch, 2014:

Sammy 5.4

Hogan 4.8

Chandler 4.2

Woods 3.3

So Sammy was just a tick more slippery than ... Chris Hogan. Well there's a ringing endorsement of his "just get me the damn ball" theory ....

Does anyone care if guys that we complain about saying stupid things say things about this?

I just thought it interesting that a reporter is retweeting shots at Sammy after Sammy took shots at another reporter.

Those QBs aren't afraid to sling or even force it.

EJ was totally neutered last year. TT strikes me as risk averse and probably not as willing to make some throws.

Okay.

Well, in Roman's offense in SF, Boldin averaged 8 targets a game while Kaep averaged 28 attempts per game.

So, at least 8, I guess.

Watkins says 10 because he's a selfish diva.

I'm not hating on Sammy, but Boldin was probably on the field. Hoping he tears it up when he comes back healthy.

you do know almost every WR plays with something and isn't 100%, right? Not just him? Julio Jones, Dez, Calvin, Alshon, AJ Green, etc live on the injury report. He left 1 game early - Miami. I feel this is a weird thing to criticize him for. Someone else just criticized him for NOT playing hurt. Smh.

Really? I never thought anyone but Sammy could be less than 100%. Funny because he can't make an impact for his team unless he IS 100%.

why is that?

Well, I don't comment on actual football stuff often (because I am ignorant compared to so many of you here), but the four QBs you named are terrible and don't have the number of receiver options that T-rod has. I want Sammy to get the ball, and his time is coming, but I don't want Taylor focusing on any given receiver. Spreading the ball around is a better approach IMO, and it has worked fairly well thusfar.

I'll now bow out of football analysis, after I say this: love you bro, but shut up and play Sammy.