OBJ punched Duke Williams in the face - fined $9k by NFL

YoloinOhio

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OBJ acted like a spoiled brat Sunday. I lost a lot of respect for OBJ. No player should act like that on the field. Running into a pile throwing punches and getting away with it because you're a superstar is BS

I still think he's a hoot.

How's your cat?

I like Sherman's response! just a chuckle. Perfect answer in that situation.

I like Sherman period. Great one liners. "You mad bro?"

Everyone talks about teams trying to bait the Bils but rest assured defenses will be trying to bait this guy from now on as well as trying to be as physical with him as Gilmore... And officials will be keeping their eye on him.

Whichever defense the NYG plays next is planning on how to get under his skin now. He was pissed that he got 38 yards and couldn't handle it.

Edited by YoloinOhio

For those keeping score at home, that's 0.3% of his annual salary. The equivalent of some one making $100,000 being fined $300.

Lesson learned, I'm sure.

the straight fire about his, ahem, "style of play" plastered everywhere and poor stat line will be more of a lesson than the fine.

He says the punch thrown at Duke Williams is a forearm to the chest? He jarred his helmet sideways! Lol.

BTW, the flag was not thrown there. The scrum continues and he takes another shot at OBJ. Then the flag was thrown. In that one on TV, could not see OBJ throw a lunch. I am too lazy to review all 22 to see if you can see it on there.

BTW, the flag was not thrown there. The scrum continues and he takes another shot at OBJ. Then the flag was thrown. In that one on TV, could not see OBJ throw a lunch. I am too lazy to review all 22 to see if you can see it on there.

what was in his lunch? Bologna? :lol:

For those keeping score at home, that's 0.3% of his annual salary. The equivalent of some one making $100,000 being fined $300.

Lesson learned, I'm sure.

Does that include his endorsements? I'm guessing he makes more from those than he does from his rookie contract given the market he plays in.

Everyone talks about teams trying to bait the Bils but rest assured defenses will be trying to bait this guy from now on as well as trying to be as physical with him as Gilmore... And officials will be keeping their eye on him.

Whichever defense the NYG plays next is planning on how to get under his skin now. He was pissed that he got 38 yards and couldn't handle it.

Grudges run deep in this League.

Marshall Faulk hates The Bills. He never ran for a hundred against them.

In his last game against The Bills, they got down bad and they kept him on the bench... fuming. He had SIX yards on THIRTEEN attempts and four catches for another 13 yards. :sick:

Nice work..so the bills are trying to get ODB off his game even though we don't play giants again for 4 years, and this season giants have a game remaining against each of our divisional opponents. I consider this another example of lack of discipline.

thats a bit of a stretch

Nice work..so the bills are trying to get ODB off his game even though we don't play giants again for 4 years, and this season giants have a game remaining against each of our divisional opponents. I consider this another example of lack of discipline.

do you like anything about this Bills team?

but what will/should Brown do next time. Say, "thank you sir, may I have another." If the Ref's don't call it, what can/should he do. That's the question no one answers.

There are two tried and true responses to being punched or shoved around in a game. One is to laugh: "that all ya got?" while backing off a step and holding up your open hands in the universal "peaceable guy" sign (which is also a good blocking position. Make it clear to the zebras who is pushing the envelop if you're followed with more of the same.

The other is toe Men's Soccer job - act it up. Clap your hand to the affected part, stagger backwards, fall down if indicated, yell loudly about what just happened.

Did any of the bills players get fined for anything?

How dumb does somebody have to be to punch somebody in the face when the have a helmet on and you make your living with your hands? Forget about the penalty, he's lucky he didn't break his hand/wrist,

Yep, guy needs to learn to do a soccer/BBall flop as if Tyson KO'd him. That's how you get the ref's attention.

How awesome would it be if obj broke his hand in multiple places punching preston Brown facemask. That would be justice.

yeah and then out when Giants play Pats, Jets, and Fins... yeah real freaking awesome for the bills

well, he didn't break his hand, and he is accountable for it if he did, not the Bills.

Any competitor worth his salt will be extra motivated by the comments and want to go out and dominate future opponents, not crawl into a shell because his feelings are hurt.

Just trolling fans on this board. That's about it.

A lot of fans at the game said they saw this live. For those of you who didn't see it, here is the video. It happened after the Gilmore INT. No call, of course but should have been a personal foul. He was shut down all day and then lost composure. And ran away like a little girl. He should have been ejected.

Odell Beckham gets jacked up gets up and throws a punch #Bills #BilllsMafia http://t.co/pkf6g44pZT

This is another perfect example the refs are calling against the Bills over and over, why did he not receive a penalty.

You don't get 'baited' in penalties. You overreact to crap from the opposing player. Our players are dumb and have no control. You don't see the Pats get baited. Only dumb players overreact and get called for penalties.

Then why didn't OBJ get flagged for his dumb overreaction to his frustrations. I guess throwing punches on the field is an example of control and discipline.

It's not a dislike of the Bills so much as how wet he gets over OBJ. He is in love and it is difficult for him to see his flame so illtreated.

GO BILLS!!!

It's not a dislike of the Bills so much as how wet he gets over OBJ. He is in love and it is difficult for him to see his flame so illtreated.

GO BILLS!!!

I am curious if he was as vehemently defensive about Robert Woods when he was ejected for punching.