A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

1) Eric Wood is an inadequate football player. Seriously, he cannot play his position worth a s$@t.

2) When they blitzed Graham and/or Robey, it worked.

3) I think that I might be the biggest fan of Mario Williams on this board. That said, he provided zero pass rush today and I am not at all pleased.

4) Tyrod is said to have been nursing an ankle injury. Hopefully, this will explain the lack of rushing attempts. There is no need to treat him like a sacred cow. He needs to take off and run to play to his max.

5) I was losing time, I had nothing to do.

No-one to find, I came to you.

Wheels broke down; leader won't draw.

The line is busted, the last one I saw.

6) Don't get me wrong, I am THRILLED by the fact that we signed Clay. I do however wish that someone would coach him up to find the first down markers.

7) This is not about the game, but being a Bills fan is not for the faint of heart.

8) On one play in the late 2nd quarter, Kyle Williams lined up at defensive end. If this wasn't stupid enough, he dropped into coverage. Memories of Jauron were dancing in my head.

9) 17 penalties? No pass rush despite superior talent on defense? I am not there yet, but I am approaching the point of turning my back on Rex Ryan.

10) I am thinking that Glenn's inability to play well has been defined by injuries that we did not know about. I hope so, because Kujo wasn't exactly tearing up the field, ya know?

11) Do you know what Thigpen needs? I will spell it out:

A) A special teams coach who will explain to him to NOT call for a fair catch inside the 10.

B) A head coach who will take responsibility for this.

C) Both.

12) Darby continues to impress.

13) Marcel was NOT impressive today. For that matter neither was Hughes. Could they be weighed down by the 175 million dollars or so in their pockets? I hope not but I am willing to, at this point, blame it on the utterly stupid defensive scheme, and I point the blame right at Rex.

14) We are now in a must win situation next week. Nothing new to Bills Fans, right? Let us please prevail in London.

15) Karlos Williams can play football!!!!!

16) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So many thoughts...

Urbik was in for a while. Even I could see what a liability he is, and I rarely watch line play.

They showed a new defensive idea late in the game. They had a LB and CB both line up on the WR, The LB would chip him at the line and then head toward the middle of the field to do his usual assignment, and then the CB would pick up the WR as usual. This would throw off the timing and prevent those quick passes that can cause death by a thousand little gains.

Oline was bad today but mostly incognito (who had a meltdown) and did we even have a right tackle? Giants otherwise crappy pass rush was flying off the right edge all day

Hughes is a jerk

As much as I'd like to pin it on Taylor I cannot. The weak oline play, fumble by woods, etc, were not his fault.

Stating the obvious but a horrific lack of discipline by many players, which of course starts with the coaches. Had to feel sorry for some of the more composed players like Kyle and Taylor for how the penalties kept killing us

Way too easy to move the ball by running it up the middle on us

Horrible missed tackle by bradham on Jennings ....biggest play of the game IMO

Given lack of discipline from the coaches we need a take charge kind of QB in the huddle. But I don't see one on our roster.

bill, I usually refrain from responing in these threads...but cant hold my tonque this time.

9) 17 penalties? No pass rush despite superior talent on defense? I am not there yet, but I am approaching the point of turning my back on Rex Ryan.

Really?

I want to say more but will refrain. suffice it to say after 4 games you want to fire the coach...brilliant

Phantom holding on Urbik on Tyrod's td. Also, isn't a chop block when somebody goes after a player's knees? Incognito hit the guy on the hip, it's called double team. Two touchdowns lost on questionable penalties.

Bradham should've dropped that guy in his tracks.

The offense never got rolling till the second half. When the Giants got their pick, I don't know how that guy wasn't out of bounds. His back was out of bounds when he got possession of the ball.

The penalty on Preston Brown was weak. There was a scrum and he was standing up to get out of it. Gave them 15, then Hughes probably yelled at the ref and got another 15. Later on, O'Dell was jacking around with Preston Brown, and he reacted, and got called. first and goal.

The refs sucked.

bill, I usually refrain from responing in these threads...but cant hold my tonque this time.

Really?

I want to say more but will refrain. suffice it to say after 4 games you want to fire the coach...brilliant

When the coach leads with his big mouth, he needs to back it up. Penalties = bad coaching. No way around that fact.

Rex has a top talent defense and they don't look it yet. That's on Rex.

Bills fans are willing to forgive Rex his big blabbing mouth if they win but if they don't, his style is not one that reflects Buffalonians and will grow old fast.

No one is calling for him to be fired but as I have said a few times, he's on a short leash.

Small things add up with this group:

• Carpenter missing a 20 yard FG
  • Williams trying to screen off a tackler rather than hitting him, Tyrod scores there
  • Woods fumble by wrestling for a few extra yards
  • Bradham's missed tackle results in TD
  • Henderson whiffing on a short yardage play- beginning to wonder if he is good enough

When the coach leads with his big mouth, he needs to back it up. Penalties = bad coaching. No way around that fact.

Bills fans are willing to forgive Rex his big blabbing mouth if they win but if they don't, his style is not one that reflects Buffalonians and will grow old fast.

No one is calling for him to be fired but as I have said a few times, he's on a short leash.

$25million+ guaranteed reasons he's here for a while

4) Tyrod is said to have been nursing an ankle injury. Hopefully, this will explain the lack of rushing attempts. There is no need to treat him like a sacred cow. He needs to take off and run to play to his max.

I like most of what you say but not this one. Taylor is much more dangerous with his arm (70=% completion percentage). They don't need him on the run except when he needs to.

There are a lot of problems from today. Taylor was not one.

I want to say more but will refrain. suffice it to say after 4 games you want to fire the coach...brilliant[/font][/color][/background]

Did I call for Rex to be fired? Why don't you continue to "refrain" from any response at all? Maybe the thread will survive on its own sans your poignant input. At least its possible.

I like most of what you say but not this one. Taylor is much more dangerous with his arm (70=% completion percentage). They don't need him on the run except when he needs to.

There are a lot of problems from today. Taylor was not one.

Yeah, Taylor was one of the problems today. You think that was good QB play?

Kyle lining up at DE just about made me blow a gasket. And then Thigpen constantly catching it on the 8 and 9 yard line kinda trumped that. And of course there is 8 men in the box and we try to run--all damn game long. It was so grose we left with 8 minutes left. The same garbage that Rex did in NY he is doing here. He os a crap head coach. And your right ive always said Woods is a lousy center and well Urbik is a freakin turnstyle. Goodwin is still out with bruised ribs from the third, yes third pre season game and ive had enough of Sammys ****. Damn this team cant get it right.

Kyle lining up at DE just about made me blow a gasket. And then Thigpen constantly catching it on the 8 and 9 yard line kinda trumped that. And of course there is 8 men in the box and we try to run--all damn game long. It was so grose we left with 8 minutes left. The same garbage that Rex did in NY he is doing here. He os a crap head coach. And your right ive always said Woods is a lousy center and well Urbik is a freakin turnstyle. Goodwin is still out with bruised ribs from the third, yes third pre season game and ive had enough of Sammys ****. Damn this team cant get it right.

Along.those lines who's taking the heat for paying a RB with all that mileage a million a game to watch it in street clothes?

Yeah, Taylor was one of the problems today. You think that was good QB play?

I was at the game TT did not play bad ---dropped passes , poor routes , and the list went on. I think his numbers were 278 yards, 2 td, 1 pick and he ran one in that was called back for a hold. The problem lays directly with Rex

I get that Observer...you can go back to December last year and see i preferred a Roman HC/Schwartz DC combo.

that being said, i did not see anyone calling for Rex's head or "turning their back" on Rex last week.

Its four games, they have fugged up one in my mind.

BTW, I hated Tyrod on that last possession...but i also think a great learning experience and better against an NFC team. Way to many dumb throws into the middle of the field.

1) Eric Wood is an inadequate football player. Seriously, he cannot play his position worth a s$@t.

Last year some knowledgeable posters made this point. He's clearly not the player he was in 2009 before the injury and it shows. Together with the immobile Urbik and poor OT play it's hard to run the ball, which is what the offensive seems predicated on.

As the season continues I expect to see opponents attacking the interior OL, which will continue making it hard to run the way NYG did. Roman had a tremendous line in SF, but his OL in Buffalo is mediocre. I'm sure someone will say the Bills had injuries, but that's a poor excuse.

I think the offense needs to go back to the drawing board.

90% of this loss is on the sidelines with coaching and lack of discipline.

Karlos Williams can play ball but it was clear he wasn't making a difference. We needed pass blocking that Cierre Wood offered, we found out too late. Then Dixon came in and made some splashes so I would have liked to have seen him earlier.

I agree with you - particularly on #15 and #9. Not ready to turn my back on Ryan; but he certainly runs an undisciplined squad.

glad to see you posting. hope you and the twins are well!

Did I call for Rex to be fired? Why don't you continue to "refrain" from any response at all? Maybe the thread will survive on its own sans your poignant input. At least its possible.

i don't know what "turn your back" means....to me it seems you mean to fire the coach...if not please define.

The biggest thing that this team can do is stop with the stupid, stupid, undisciplined penalties.

If they can also clean up some of their horrendous special teams gaffes (holding, missing field goals/xtra points, calling fair catch at inopportune times, trying to run the ball out of the end zone, etc), this team will continue to improve. If they don't right those two major problems in a hurry, I'm afraid that it's definitely going to be another long, painful season with no playoffs.

At this point, it would be foolish to turn our backs on the coaching staff, but a lot of this silly crap that I'm seeing going on is stuff that coaches can (mostly) control.

If the players are making stupid, bone-headed plays, you either ream their butts on the sideline after the play, let the other players call them out in the locker room, and/or sit them for a series (or even a game or two). Or all of the above!

Rex Ryan defense not working right now. Against Brady and Manning not even close to good enough. They will feast on crappy QB's. Could it be too complicated or players not ready in it yet?

Greg Roman really lost the game by running the same inside run on first down for the entire first half. Let Tyrod go downfield and let's throw on 1st down way more.

Injuries mounting. We have way too many guys out this early in the year.

Anger on players has to be controlled. I would have liked to see our linebackers make a tackle or two up the middle.

Let's also give Giants credit. Manning and Coughlin have won 2 Superbowls. We aren't beating guys like that with crappy play like we saw today.

The biggest problem with this team right now is that the coaches and players believe in themselves to such an unreasonably high degree that they think if they simply show up at the ballpark on Sunday, it's 90% in the bag. They don't have to prepare, they don't have to play smart and technically sound football, all they have to do is show up and things will take care of themselves.

Rex is the source of this destructive narcissism. He believes in his own abilities so strongly that he can't or won't invest the time needed to manage the finer details of the game of football.

It got him fired in New York and it might get him fired here.

i don't know what "turn your back" means....to me it seems you mean to fire the coach...if not please define.

Rex came into town as an aggressive defensive coach. He was a tutor to Petine, who turned the defense around. Not only that, he was reported to be having coffee at Tim Horton's with Bills Fans. What's not to love, right? He suddenly transformed to Dick Jauron starting with game 2. I have seen enough of the Levy/Jauron!!!

I don't want him to be fired. I would like to see him re-emerge into a coach who supports and demands an attack style defense.

Does this premise offend you?

Does anyone besides me miss Jim Schwartz? What is up with the D linemen who led the league in pass rushing last year dropping into pass coverage?

Tyrod Taylor was playing in his 4th NFL game as the starting QB, and I have to ask what happened to the Buffalo run game? You know, the run game that was supposed to lead the NFL in rushing with a run game play book bigger then any other run game play book in the history of the NFL?

24 rushes for 55 yards = a 2.4 yards per rush is embarrassing. then playing from behind Buffalo had to throw 48 times

Rex Ryan is starting to look like the Bills *hired the wrong guy.

Edited by Nihilarian