Watkins Injury Update - post em here

truth on hold

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengals fans always have complained about AJ Green's injuries and always will. Same wth Julio in Atlanta, Calvin Johnson, Alshon, etc. WRs get banged up a lot. Sammy hasn't missed a game yet - he's pretty tough and played through a lot IMO.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If you want to carry on a crusade against Sammy, do it in your own thread that you started for that exact purpose.

Do not put bull-crap words into my mouth to make an otherwise-indefensible point.

Does bull crap taste worse than cow crap? Which is more nutritious? Which one makes your tomatoes grow faster? :sick:

Thing about this team, is that they can afford to rest a guy if they want. They can mess with the injury report too, ala Pats.

There are enough playmakers now it's not a huge deal. Roman just opens the "other" playbook!

Sammy has been injured as long as he has been on the team nearly. But he plays through it too.

Maybe he has more of the spotlight on him?

Its a team sport , he has been a team player. That how the Bills will succeed this year and moving forward. He does not need to be The Man.

and wow can he play football!

That block for K Williams to spring him for the touchdown was a thing of beauty.

I love me some Sammy playing for our Bills! I love Woods and Harvin and Hogan and yes Goodwin.

We have a great set of players to rely upon from week to week.

Get er' dun Bills !

You could still be in pain and laugh you know?

Spoken for truth, and repeated by one who knows.

But when will they cut EJ?

Right after the Jints cut Eli.

Goodwins injuries have become a burden. We are deep.

Imo

So is the whale **** on the ocean's bottom.

I see WGR is stirring things up as well now. Calling Watkins injury prone and that it is worrisome.

I think people just see what they want to see, the guy isn't injury prone. and I think that term is overused for whenever a player you don't like is injured.

Edited by What a Tuel

Blind faith Love!!!

his health and durability is a concern...

Imo

Watkins played in 16/16 games last year and 3/3 games this year.

This Sunday will be the first game he misses since joining the NFL.

julio jones is injury prone too. Bust imo.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Or Calvin and AJ Green last year. Awful busts of WR's they needed to play for their teams last year! And one was injury prone with a toe injury, and the other with an ankle injury. I can't believe they retained them this year.

So Sammy is at best a good decoy? Would be nice to have a reliable #2, one that can play the whole game, to go with Harvin (our true #1). Watkins, 3 games, 7 catches, 99 yards, 1 TD. The TD came when the NE game was all but lost. Then he failed to make a big play on a high throw when we had a small chance to come back to tie. This guy has not shown anything since the first half of last season.

Where did you read he is best used as a decoy? I don't see it. Quit putting your words into other people's posts. What a bunch of crap.

Anyone comparing Watkins to Evans is either certifiably insane or trolling.

Dude is a beast and our team is so good we can/should rest our two most dynamic offensive weapons knowing we can pick up the next two wins without them.

I'd rather have him blowing dudes up in week 14 than aggravating a nagging treatable nagging injury in weeks 4 and 5.

Nice that Bills feel they can rest a player, or two. if that truly is the case. Means our team is deep enough. finally.

The game against the Giants has cool factor because the Coaching has to be flexible enough to adjust to injuries.

Romans BB's presser speaks to that. I am looking forward to watching how the Offense adjusts.

Dont forget we dont have our starting corner in leodis. Or A. Williams last week. And we did alright. Testament to coaching and players alike

Edited by 3rdand12

Sit em two game sounds good. The boo babies will be screaming for em if we lose to the gints.

We saw what happened when CJ tried to play on that high ankle sprain and puttered through the season. Better to heal up and play 100%.

IMO

It is one injury after another with Watkins. He is almost reaching disappointment level.

Is this guy ever going to be healthy for an extended string of games?

I understand this is his 1st game out but he has been hobbled more than not.

He needs to become more consistent is all aspect of his game.

Imo

:rolleyes:

It is one injury after another with Watkins. He is almost reaching disappointment level.

He needs to become more consistent in all aspects of his game.

Imo

Imo

They really need to tell Sammy to work on being injury free.....because of course that is within his control

Imo

Yeah, he really needs to work on not being injured. Bum.

He does seem brittle. Whenever you see him in workout clothes he looks very ripped. He might be a case of one who works out too hard, becoming more susceptible to injury.

Thank you Dr. Gavin for that clinical opinion.

Imo

Maybe they should cut him on the first day of free agency.

Yeah, he really needs to work on not being injured..BUM

Interesting how this board gives certain players a "pass".

Remember when Kolb got injured ? The entire board said...get rid of him. With Sammy...let him wait forever.

And then the EJ thing. The entire board said...he only has had 14 starts give him a chance. And with Manziel who has had..I dunno, maybe 3 or 4 starts, (not sure) is a 110% total and complete bust.

Sammy is definitely a disappointment and Manziel will be a good QB in this league. May take 3-4 years but he'll be a good one.

This board bases its decisions on popularity, and nothing else.

OK, I'm going back to sleep for another year.

Remember when Kolb got injured ? The entire board said...get rid of him. With Sammy...let him wait forever.

And then the EJ thing. The entire board said...he only has had 14 starts give him a chance. And with Manziel who has had..I dunno, maybe 3 or 4 starts, (not sure) is a 110% total and complete bust.

Sammy is definitely a disappointment and Manziel will be a good QB in this league. May take 3-4 years but he'll be a good one.

Guys who are drafted early by the Bills are more special than their peers.

Let me get this straight. You just compared Sammy, a stud prospect drafted just last year and now missing his first game, to Kolb, a QB that had multiple concussions and other injuries who was in his 7th year and a year later retired because of said concussions. :doh:

That might be the worst comparison I've ever read on this site.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

This may be one of the silliest posts I have ever read. Well done.

Let me get this straight. You just compared Sammy, a stud prospect drafted just last year and now missing his first game, to Kolb, a QB that had multiple concussions and other injuries who was in his 7th year and a year later retired because of said concussions. :doh:

That might be the worst comparison I've ever read on this site.

Shush! He said he was going back to sleep. Don't wake him.

GO BILLS!!!

It would be perfectly ok if you skipped next years post

Wow.

They really need to tell Sammy to work on being injury free.....because of course that is within his control

Most of it is.

Stevie Johnson was the all-time example of a Bills player who didn't do a good job of training and preparing his body for the game and was constantly nagged by soft tissue injuries.

Goodwin has also struggled with injuries that could likely be alleviated with diet and training designed around building more protective and flexible muscle rather than trying to be track lean so he can try to live out his track fantasies.

With Sammy, I think it's a combination of physical changes and a need for better understanding of the protective equipment he needs.

Sometimes you see guys overcome early problems with injury by getting smarter and understanding limitations.

For Goodwin.....not running parallel to the LOS and then cutting back toward the DL would be a start. :doh:

Eric Wood has overcome his problem with injuring his balsa-wood lower legs by not bending them or anchoring anymore.

He sucks now, but avail-ability is the most important kind.

And then sometimes injuries are just a result of stupidity/personality disorders like Stevie Johnson refusing to wear thigh pads and then gimping around for half a year after someone put a helmet to his thigh.

There are definitely issues with Sammy and he needs to be actively resolving them. Acting like getting 4-5 DIFFERENT injuries that limit you in practice in two seasons is just coincidence or bad luck is ignorance.

Edited by #BADOL