The O-line thread

Dragonborn10

Complete disaster today.

Glenn is not the LT of the future.

Move Glenn to LG. Move Hendersone to LT. Let Koujo play RT. Rotate Miller and Incognito at RG. Replace Wood with a first round draft pick next year.

I have a better idea, draft a LT with the first pick, and RT with the second. Then hire some coaches who will actually teach the players not to commit penalties

Complete disaster today.

Move Glenn to LG. Move Hendersone to LT. Let Koujo play RT. Rotate Miller and Incognito at RG. Replace Wood with a first round draft pick next year.

Did Ritchie play some center at Nebraska?

I have a better idea, draft a LT with the first pick, and RT with the second. Then hire some coaches who will actually teach the players not to commit penalties

A tackle in first round would be fine too. But they have a whole season to see how Henderson/Koujo can do. Center and OT in first two rounds.

Complete disaster today.

One problem... Icognito is playing probably the best of any lineman. He is not to be replaced. And we certainly dont have anyone better

We could've used a great pass-pro RB today to help with the pressure. Oh well.

Didnt need it had the o line been the least bit competent. The pats have a bad defense. The sack of Taylor early on resulting in placement of the ball on the one was really interesting in that Eric Wood was on the ground AGAIN as his man made a play.

One problem... Icognito is playing probably the best of any lineman. He is not to be replaced. And we certainly dont have anyone better

Didnt need it had the o line been the least bit competent. The pats have a bad defense. The sack of Taylor early on resulting in placement of the ball on the one was really interesting in that Eric Wood was on the ground AGAIN as his man made a play.

Well they weren't, so we did.

Cordy is losing $$$ each week. Pats also seemed to concentrate pass rush on that side.

As an aside, when I was watching Seantrel, he seemed to be doing a good job.

It is tough to draw definitive conclusions without watching all 22.

Complete disaster today.

While I agree our OL was disappointing today, I don't understand why you think the above changes (except drafting) would result in anything except greater disaster.

After all moving a tackle to guard worked so well last year. And what about Henderson's play leads you to think he'd be an improvement at LT? Cog has been our best OLman and Miller has been OK for a rookie - why start rotating them?

While I agree our OL was disappointing today, I don't understand why you think the above changes (except drafting) would result in anything except greater disaster.

After all moving a tackle to guard worked so well last year. And what about Henderson's play leads you to think he'd be an improvement at LT? Cog has been our best OLman and Miller has been OK for a rookie - why start rotating them?

I will have to watch the All 22 to be more definitive, but every time I watched Seantrel, he seemed to be playing well.

Nahhh......

I have a feeling that your views may be a tad influenced by the Bills' cutting Fred.

I think what would have really helped is if we did not get behind early and could have committed more to our running game.

I have a feeling that your views may be a tad influenced by the Bills' cutting Fred.

I think what would have really helped is if we did not get behind early and could have committed more to our running game.

Agree...the two short field positions (which Brady converted) did not help the defense. I don't think Fred would have had any impact on this game.

As bad as they were, Taylor made them even worse.

I am a HUGE Tyrod Taylor fan. But, I have to agree on this. The line was bad, at least very inconsistent—which, I guess, is bad.

Nonetheless, TT did them no favors, especially in that abysmal first half. I however, think the blame has to be shared by the Offensive Coaches. Remember when we were all over Hackett and Company about telling EJ not to scramble, to be cautious in using his feet? I think the same thing has happened to TT. All along the questions has been, "can he stand in the pocket and make NFL passes?" The answer is No!, at least, not on a regular basis.

So here's a better question: "Should he try to do that?" Again, the answer is: No! That is not his game, and he will not be successful at it. It was almost like he was told not to run in the first half: "Whatever you do, stand there and go through all your progressions."

Compare how he played in the second half with the first. He was moving, when he scramble, it was away from pressure, and sometimes for positive plays when there was nothing downfield. And when he did make big throws, with the exception of Watkins TD, they were all when he was on the move. Now, he also threw an interception then, but the good out weighs the bad in this exchange.

Here's the point: TT is an athlete. Take advantage of his athleticism. He is not, nor should he be, a prototypical NFL QB. He is an athlete, let his use his feet, his quickness, and his rocket of an arm, to beat teams. Add to that, he has a suspect line that can not hold a pocket, and it is even more of a case for using his athleticism. Compare the first half with the second, and you see the results.

@ChrisTrapasso: On re-watch, #Bills OL was not fantastic, but, to me, good enough. Run-blocking was fine. Only handful of blown blocks on 42 Tyrod dropbacks

@ChrisTrapasso: #Bills OG John Miller & especially OT Cordy Glenn were usually the culprits of hurries/hits of Tyrod but majority of their snaps were sound

@ChrisTrapasso: Re: Tyrod - as suspected, he abandoned the pocket early handful of times, and few occasions he ran when he should have just stepped up.

@ChrisTrapasso: Tyrod did hang in a few times and (unsurprisingly) the outcome was good for #Bills. I'd say pressure was 70% on him, 30% on OL.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The bottom line is that Cordy Glenn has regressed and Chandler Jones is improving. This is a bad matchup and alarming now every time the Pats play the Bills. Chandler Jones dominated yesterday.

Have to look at Seantrel Henderson at LT, Kouiandijo at RT and let Cordy Glenn test the free agent waters in 16.

The other thing is, have to beat the Pats down the middle of the field a few times to make those LBs (Collins) less aggressive. That killed the run game.

Complete disaster today.

Several posters here had serious worries about this OL during the offseason. Those concerns look justified so far.

I'm happy with DW's performance for the most part, but I'm not sure why he wasn't more aggressive finding linemen earlier this year.

Games are won and lost in the trenches and we lost the battle on both the offensive side and defensive side of the ball yesterday. I'll grant the DL just had a bad against a QB who gets the ball out quickly. But the OL needs to be much better than what we've seen so far this season.

@ChrisTrapasso: On re-watch, #Bills OL was not fantastic, but, to me, good enough. Run-blocking was fine. Only handful of blown blocks on 42 Tyrod dropbacks

@ChrisTrapasso: #Bills OG John Miller & especially OT Cordy Glenn were usually the culprits of hurries/hits of Tyrod but majority of their snaps were sound

@ChrisTrapasso: Re: Tyrod - as suspected, he abandoned the pocket early handful of times, and few occasions he ran when he should have just stepped up.

@ChrisTrapasso: Tyrod did hang in a few times and (unsurprisingly) the outcome was good for #Bills. I'd say pressure was 70% on him, 30% on OL.

At least once, the pocket looked fine but TT left the pocket only to be sacked. Not sure, though, about blaming most the pressure on TT.

Run blocking was fine...really??

After the first series lets look at the run game.

2nd series-McCoy off RT for -1 yards, Taylor pass for 2 yards, Taylor sacked -6 yards, PUNT

3rd series- Taylor pass for 1 yard, pass for -1 yard, Taylor sacked -9 yards, PUNT

4th series-McCoy LG for 2 yards, McCoy up the middle for -1 yard, Taylor pass intercepted.

5th series- Taylor pass for 9 yards, McCoy RG for -1 yard, Taylor Sacked -8 yards, PUNT

6th series- Taylor pass 5 yards- Williams up the middle for 2 yards, Pass incomplete (overthrown), PUNT

McCoy had some good runs in the first series, and three runs later in the game for some big gains, and other then those the run blocking, pass blocking was abysmal IMO.

Once the Patriots started stacking the box the entire offense went into the crapper, and when they stopped stacking it in the 4th QTR the offense started to move the ball again.