Pats Fan Nervous to come to the Ralph

JP's Voice

Yeah, this is going to be bad. It is kind of embarrassing honestly. I have brought some opposing fans with me before (but only on a couple of occasions. The Cleveland Monday Night game (and someone threw a beer bottle that hit the guy in the head on the walk in) and the Saints game 6 years ago (or whatever) and the people behind us sprayed the girl's jersey (a girl) with mustard packets.

It is not a nice place in general but this will be a whole different level of aggression. I have worn Bills gear in 7 different stadiums (besides for the Ralph) and have never once had any issues. There is always some, "what does Bills stand for? Boy I Love Losing Superbowls." There has never been anything hostile. There will be a ton of arrests and fights at this one (win or lose).

i know that the Bills have insisted this isn't true, but I still think they have requested not to have Prime time games at home for this reason. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know that the Bills have insisted this isn't true, but I still think they have requested not to have Prime time games at home for this reason.

That is a big part of it but a lot of that too is that people come from so far away for Bills games. If you think about how many people come from Canada or Rochester (and east) it is quite a few. It is not easy for those people. They have to miss AT LEAST a half day on game day (during the week) and they aren't in their beds until maybe 2 or so.

Heck it's dangerous for Bill's fans to go to Bill's home Games.

We were trying leave the west lot Sunday and the line would not move. I was able to cut across and get in another line.

Turns out the line was being held up by two car's (enterprise rental van and a black suv) who decided to empty and have a bit of a brawl, not sure why. I even saw a guy put a girl in a head lock as she attempted to steel magnetic decals off of the enterprise rental van.

I go to the fins game every year, usually with a couple of buddies who are fish fans. I am not old by any stretch (35) but its always the young guys who talk shiiiite. When I was in my early 20's I would react....badly. Now I smile and walk away. As long as they aren't threatening me physically or in arms length I don't care. But 90% of the time it is never an issue. We usually tail gate with the fins fans next to us and its all cordial. for as fair weather as the fan base is the majority is clueless and polite.

As for Bills fans in Buffalo. Its the same as above. I was at the Fins/Bills game during the Losman/Culpepper era. As I am going to get a beer the this poor 12 year old or so was wearing a Culpepper jersey. As he's waiting outside the bathroom for his dad to come out, a crowd of young douche bag fans start surrounding him and chanting !@#$. this poor kid was beyond scared, I grab the kid and took him up the tunnel all while getting yelled at by our own fans. Takes all kinds. Moral: dont be a douche bag and treat people the way you want to be treated.

I go to the fins game every year, usually with a couple of buddies who are fish fans. I am not old by any stretch (35) but its always the young guys who talk shiiiite. When I was in my early 20's I would react....badly. Now I smile and walk away. As long as they aren't threatening me physically or in arms length I don't care. But 90% of the time it is never an issue. We usually tail gate with the fins fans next to us and its all cordial. for as fair weather as the fan base is the majority is clueless and polite.

As for Bills fans in Buffalo. Its the same as above. I was at the Fins/Bills game during the Losman/Culpepper era. As I am going to get a beer the this poor 12 year old or so was wearing a Culpepper jersey. As he's waiting outside the bathroom for his dad to come out, a crowd of young douche bag fans start surrounding him and chanting !@#$. this poor kid was beyond scared, I grab the kid and took him up the tunnel all while getting yelled at by our own fans. Takes all kinds. Moral: dont be a douche bag and treat people the way you want to be treated.

That was an "era?"

Yeah, this is going to be bad. It is kind of embarrassing honestly. I have brought some opposing fans with me before but only on a couple of occasions. The Cleveland Monday Night game (and someone threw a beer bottle that hit the guy in the head on the walk in) and the Saints game 6 years ago (or whatever) and the people behind us sprayed the girl's jersey (a girl) with mustard packets.

It is not a nice place in general but this will be a whole different level of aggression. I have worn Bills gear in 7 different stadiums (besides for the Ralph) and have never once had any issues. There is always some, "what does Bills stand for? Boy I Love Losing Superbowls." There has never been anything hostile. There will be a ton of arrests and fights at this one (win or lose).

In the past we have befriended some fans of opposing teams that have been cool. We partied the night away with a couple from Minnesota after a game about seven years ago and hung out downtown with them. They enjoyed themselves and invited us to stay at their house if we want to go to a Sabres game in Minny. This started because we took them under our wing when fellow Bills fans were being ridiculously insulting to them even though they weren't talking smack. Merely wearing Vikings jerseys was enough for some people to treat them like chit.

Oddly a guy I know who lives in Boston and is a huge Pats fan insists on inviting me to go to a Bills game there. I've yet to accept. From my personal experience at the Ralph the Pats are BY FAR the worst of any team coming in.

So what am I saying? I agree with you. This is going to be bad. Embarrassingly so, and I predict that we will have a record number of arrests at this game. And it will be us, Bills fans that are the ones getting locked up.

Go Bills! Win or lose this scenario is going to play out so beat the Pats!!

In the past we have befriended some fans of opposing teams that have been cool. We partied the night away with a couple from Minnesota after a game about seven years ago and hung out downtown with them. They enjoyed themselves and invited us to stay at their house if we want to go to a Sabres game in Minny. This started because we took them under our wing when fellow Bills fans were being ridiculously insulting to them even though they weren't talking smack. Merely wearing Vikings jerseys was enough for some people to treat them like chit.

Oddly a guy I know who lives in Boston and is a huge Pats fan insists on inviting me to go to a Bills game there. I've yet to accept. From my personal experience at the Ralph the Pats are BY FAR the worst of any team coming in.

So what am I saying? I agree with you. This is going to be bad. Embarrassingly so, and I predict that we will have a record number of arrests at this game. And it will be us, Bills fans that are the ones getting locked up.

Go Bills! Win or lose this scenario is going to play out so beat the Pats!!

I agree.

You should take them up on the Foxboro trip. It is terrible tailgating, terrible fans (they know so little about the game), terrible energy but a really nice stadium. It is like going to watch a game at church. You wont have to worry about stupid M!@#$ giving you a hard time. They have priced the morons out of the stadium.

That's a scary thought, Kirby. Even in the early 90s with the "Fack Miami" t-shirts being sold in the parking lots I didn't notice that sort of unprompted vitriol towards opposing fans.

I agree with him though E. And my thoughts on the game day experience has been very clear. I love it, have never had a serious issue, and take my kids all the time. Taking my son to this game.

I just think some asshats are going to take deflategate a bit to serious and transfer that hate into people with Brady jerseys on. My guy says the only folks with Brady jerseys on are asshats themselves and looking for a little confrontation.

My buddies going no Pats hear this year

I agree.

You should take them up on the Foxboro trip. It is terrible tailgating, terrible fans (they know so little about the game), terrible energy but a really nice stadium. It is like going to watch a game at church. You wont have to worry about stupid M!@#$ giving you a hard time. They have priced the morons out of the stadium.

same thing in Indy

I love a pumped up crowd and all, but the thought of innocent fans being attacked for wearing cheaters* gear makes me sick. And nobody hates New England* more than me. We might be tied, but nobody trumps me in that department!

Save it for the players on the field, and direct all your vitriol toward them. People shouldn't be scared to attend a football game.

I also hope that if the Bills truly get good Bills fans don't become insufferable and obnoxious about it. Let's enjoy the ride and not be the annoying little brother who finally got over.

I haven't read the whole thread but we really shouldn't be comparing this Sunday's game to the typical road game. This isn't like going to New England or Miami or Houston or wherever else where you receive some good natured ribbing. We are a notoriously ruthless crowd with a lot of frustration and alcohol.

You can always feel comfortable wearing a Bills jersey in Gillette. I would be very concerned if you were planning on wearing a Pats jersey to this particular game. It is not something that we should be proud of but it will be ugly. It will be really, really dangerous and ugly.

Kirby, sounds like you have something planned for Sunday. :rolleyes:

I love a pumped up crowd and all, but the thought of innocent fans being attacked for wearing cheaters* gear makes me sick. And nobody hates New England* more than me. We might be tied, but nobody trumps me in that department!

Save it for the players on the field, and direct all your vitriol toward them. People shouldn't be scared to attend a football game.

I also hope that if the Bills truly get good Bills fans don't become insufferable and obnoxious about it. Let's enjoy the ride and not be the annoying little brother who finally got over.

I get this and agree but I'll say this in particular for season ticket holders who have had to endure the Pats fans in the lots and the bars on the corner after the games, those guys that have heard so much chit thrown at them over the last ten years are really tired of it. Best thing a Pats fan could do is stay away. Cause those guys that have taken chit from them for all these are not gonna be real friendly to them win or lose.

Now that's not to say someone wearing a pats jersey is gonna have a problem. But the guys I'm talking about, their still gonna be talking chit at us and while you and I may hate it, I see this being nasty ugly.

And those guys, the loud mouths that won't be able to help themselves, will reap what they've sown.

Of course if we get our ass whipped by them the usual routine is to let them talk all their chit because well, look at their titles and we're too beat down from another loss and leave.

Hang around the bars on the corner and see what's going on around 5:30

Guys will have their hands full all day long.

Of course with this many season;s sold and maybe our fan base doesn't sell tickets to them in the first place and they will be a very small part of the crowd and we can just ignore them.

Just heard the guys on WGR talking about someone from NE asking if they would be in danger coming to the game Sunday. I'm all for a rowdy atmosphere and as a season ticket holder, I love the effect we can have on the game. But it's unfortunate that this fan probably IS in danger coming to the game wearing patriots gear. Most fans will not be idiots, but there are still a lot who will cause problems. Thoughts?

Heh don't go to Philly as a Dallas fan.

Donald Trump just endorsed Tom Brady. Called him a "champion."

One thing Donald Trump is not is the owner of the Buffalo Bills . . . thank God.

As I said earlier in this thread, getting into a fight or being an !@#$ because of laundry never made any sense to me -- whether you are a fan of the home or the away team.

Getting drunk out of your mind at a football game also never made any sense to me.

Just my two cents.

This is just silly. Yep, I'm flying up for the game with my boys, and yes, we'll in a good natured way tease Pats fans with their jerseys, but in no way would I condone serious harrassment. I would stick up for a decent fan of his team and hopefully calm people down.

There is no place for it. fine, get drunk of your not driving. Joke around, Bust their chops when we get first downs, but threatening people and throwing beer all of ver them. C'mon. Grow up.

It's a great way to get arrested and you know there will a heavy police presence this weekend. The Bills aren't stupid. They know there are morons out there that can take things too far.

Last thing. I'm not indicting anyone on this board as I truly don't believe the educated fans on TBD would act like that kind of idiot. I know sometimes people are spirited on this board, but not juvenile delinquents.

I flew up and sat next to a young (early 20's) Jets fan a few years ago. I was with my teenage son. The Jets fan was overly exuberant in his jersey when things were going his way. I warned him gently when things got feisty with surrounding fans, which didn't result in much change in behavior. When things escalated I got in his face and told him I was no longer concerned about him, but I didn't want myself or my son drenched in beer, or his blood. His face went a little blank, and he chilled out for the rest of the day. Beer was more likely than blood, but I didn't want either. He was slow to catch on. I'd buy him beer, as long as he wasn't inciting a riot.

This is just silly. Yep, I'm flying up for the game with my boys, and yes, we'll in a good natured way tease Pats fans with their jerseys, but in no way would I condone serious harrassment. I would stick up for a decent fan of his team and hopefully calm people down.

There is no place for it. fine, get drunk of your not driving. Joke around, Bust their chops when we get first downs, but threatening people and throwing beer all of ver them. C'mon. Grow up.

It's a great way to get arrested and you know there will a heavy police presence this weekend. The Bills aren't stupid. They know there are morons out there that can take things too far.

Last thing. I'm not indicting anyone on this board as I truly don't believe the educated fans on TBD would act like that kind of idiot. I know sometimes people are spirited on this board, but not juvenile delinquents.

That would actually make for a good topic. Who on this board has ever been ejected, or in a fight or even warned for being obnoxious at a Bills game? I bet that guy that tried to fight Jimmy Spagnola on here last year probably has. I can't remember but he was an older guy that talked about beating someone up that disrespected his Buffalo Bills.

I was with my wife and kids at the epicenter of an awful brawl that spilled down several rows in Tampa one time. It was truly shameful. A Packers fan with a purple bra on his head to keep him warm, as it was "winter" in Florida and he had no shirt. Excessive alcohol just might have been a factor. I know.... SHOCKING!

Wish I could blame the Packer fool, but someone from our Beer Bus was also "ill-behaved".

Frankly, Im glad Pats fans are nervous and scared about coming into OUR house. We've had too many Pats fans coming in and strutting around for way too long. The Gronkowski family sits in the box right behind my seats and it makes me sick to see all the Pats jerseys in there being worn by a group of Buffalonians. The amount of Pats fans infiltrating our gates has been growing every year, and it's time we flush them out with the rest of the turds.

Well said sir.

Heck it's dangerous for Bill's fans to go to Bill's home Games.

We were trying leave the west lot Sunday and the line would not move. I was able to cut across and get in another line.

Turns out the line was being held up by two car's (enterprise rental van and a black suv) who decided to empty and have a bit of a brawl, not sure why. I even saw a guy put a girl in a head lock as she attempted to steel magnetic decals off of the enterprise rental van.

Was this in lot 4? I happened to tailgate very close to an Enterprise rental van last Sunday. Interesting group.

Where does common sense enter Into this? I've been a visiting fan many times but go in the right spirit. Don't go to your most hated rival's stadium. This is especially true when rhetoric is flying.

Last Sunday we had several Colts fans sitting near us. We had fun with them. It will be different if Pats fans are there. Their team cheats and they are hated in Buffalo. If they do not respect this notion they risk abuse. Is it right, no, but neither is flaunting yourself in an opposing stadium under the circumstances. Don't come to our stadium just because you can't afford tickets at your own *$!*$!hole

At the Pitt preseason game I saw a fan wearing a Brady jersey took a lot of abuse, he later got ejected, as I suspect he was doing a lot of trolling, and it nearly led to a fight. He left with arms raised, egging on the crowd.

At the Bills/Browns MNF game there was what was described to me as a 6'4" 400lb man standing in a Bills jersey outside the bathroom punching opposing fans in the gut as they walked out of the bathroom. The browns fans next to me believed they'd need to buy bills gear to leave safely.

Edited by Ohiostyle

Ha ha, I'm stuck in New Orleans this week so my brother will be using my tickets. I just know how we can be.

:lol: Now I get it. How's Mandina's since reopening after Katrina? Been that long for me.

Donald Trump just endorsed Tom Brady. Called him a "champion."

Tells you all you need to know. About both of them, actually.

:lol: Now I get it. How's Mandina's since reopening after Katrina? Been that long for me.

Actually, it was the Ugly Dog Saloon when I was there. Started my walk fron the French Quarter about 5 hours before kickoff. Stopped at every watering hole I passed. Met Kirby and lost to the Phins. Somehow caught my flight out the next day. Details are sketchy.

It's pretty simple. If they are disrespectful a-holes, they're probably going to get punched by someone. If they are respectful and show some common sense, they'll be fine.

Unfortunately, many of the Pat's fans I've seen at Bills games are just asking for it. They travel in packs and act a lot tougher than they should. Pretty much a guarantee to be fights this year. I would never condone violence like that, but when guys show up and are clearly asking for it...well it's hard to feel sorry for them when they get what they were asking for.

One thing Donald Trump is not is the owner of the Buffalo Bills . . . thank God.

As I said earlier in this thread, getting into a fight or being an !@#$ because of laundry never made any sense to me -- whether you are a fan of the home or the away team.

Getting drunk out of your mind at a football game also never made any sense to me.

Just my two cents.

How about getting into a fight or being an !@#$ because the other guy is an arrogant little **** of a Patriots fan who needs an attitude adjustment beaten into him?