Is Darby a lock to start?

Heathcliff

From everything I have heard, when was running normal defences in camp he was doing well. It really only was during the games where he was isolated that he really struggled. Do expect him to have some issues, as is a rookie 2nd rounder in his first game, but dont see him as a huge liability.

From what I've read about Rex, there is a reason for everything he showed (and did not show) in the preseason. He is likely trying to bait Luck into expecting a lot of blitzes and to throw at Darby and then is going to do something unexpected when he does. If so, let's hope it works.

Edited by YoloinOhio

From what I've read about Rex, there is a reason for everything he showed (and did not show) in the preseason. He is likely trying to bait Luck into expecting a lot of blitzes and to throw at Darby and then is going to do something unexpected when he does. If so, let's hope it works.

I am sure there is some of that going on but make no mistake, Darby has to play better than he has, because Luck will be looking at his side an awful lot.

the defenses they played in preseason are not what your going to see in regular season....the Colts offense scores on everyone to pretend it's Darby's fault before the game is being uninformed T Y has had back to back 82 catch seasons and Darby wasnt even in the NFL yet

this is what the Pats did with Hilton in the playoff game

@YardsPerPass: Watching some Andrew Luck... I would expect Bills to try and do the same to TY.... btw no flag

http://t.co/ac8nHHAZKF

@YardsPerPass: TY was just bullied all game and had 3 catches. BB took away the middle of the field and bullied the little guys, also blitzed some

@YardsPerPass: In case anyone is wondering, Pats didn't even follow TY w/ Revis. Revis mainly on Wayne

@YardsPerPass: @sllim_werdna Seems the most logical to me... I was more surprised that the Pats really didn't even do anything to TY besides be physical

@YardsPerPass: @sllim_werdna no brackets, no help, just really basic cover 1 w/ some cover 3 mixed in

Covered him with Kyle Arrington (since been cut)

this is what the Pats did with Hilton in the playoff game

@YardsPerPass: Watching some Andrew Luck... I would expect Bills to try and do the same to TY.... btw no flag

http://t.co/ac8nHHAZKF

@YardsPerPass: TY was just bullied all game and had 3 catches. BB took away the middle of the field and bullied the little guys, also blitzed some

@YardsPerPass: In case anyone is wondering, Pats didn't even follow TY w/ Revis. Revis mainly on Wayne

@YardsPerPass: @sllim_werdna Seems the most logical to me... I was more surprised that the Pats really didn't even do anything to TY besides be physical

@YardsPerPass: @sllim_werdna no brackets, no help, just really basic cover 1 w/ some cover 3 mixed in

Covered him with Kyle Arrington (since been cut)

Good info, thanks. Very interesting

His education begins Sunday. The Colts are going after him early and often. He'll learn fast and by mid season, he'll be much better.

Throwing Darby to the wolves is probably what's best for his long-term development. But is it best for the Bills' chances of making the playoffs? McKlevin will presumably be back by midseason. I can't help thinking we'd be better served taking a more short-term perspective here.

Throwing Darby to the wolves is probably what's best for his long-term development. But is it best for the Bills' chances of making the playoffs? McKlevin will presumably be back by midseason. I can't help thinking we'd be better served taking a more short-term perspective here.

That's assuming that he's happy with McKelvin, he may be grooming Darby cause not convinced in what we have already can take us to next level, and he is seeing if Darby may be the answer while has the opportunity.

That's assuming that he's happy with McKelvin, he may be grooming Darby cause not convinced in what we have already can take us to next level, and he is seeing if Darby may be the answer while has the opportunity.

Of course he's grooming him and seeing if Darby is better - what other choice does he have?

I agree he played great! I as watching at a place w no volume for the game but noticed he wasn't out there towards the end of the game. Did he have an injury? if so how serious.

We also had no volume for the 1st half. DTV guy came and fixed things at halftime. Dunno when the Darby thing happened, but I missed it, too.

Butler played well too. Donnie Henderson for Prez!

I'll vote for that.

I agree he played great! I as watching at a place w no volume for the game but noticed he wasn't out there towards the end of the game. Did he have an injury? if so how serious.

There was an on-line report that he hurt his leg.

Any update on Graham?

Bench him! As expected Darby got abused. Guy sucks!

Maybe the Bills will have better luck next week without that bum playing CB. What a waste of a draft pick.

:rolleyes:

Thank you - there's a lot of us that want to make fun of those that trashed Darby. Only wish we could send this to Vic Carucci