Dareus Signs Six Year Extension with Bills

26CornerBlitz

I watch enough "Pawn Stars" to know what I'm doin

If anyone wasn't sure before if he was a troll, you ought to be sure now.

Are all sources involved ok with this signing or did DW go #rogue on this too? Someone check on football ops!

Rumor is the cafeteria staff is pissed they weren't informed...

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pegula used to own a part of the agency Todd France is at. Probably helped the working relationship a bit. Very happy this got done

He owned the whole agency. Big Star Sports or Five Star Sports. Something like that. He had to sell it to France as soon as he became owner. France is one of the best agents around.

Let's go back in the archives and find all the "bust" and "wasted pick" posts.

Good times...

this is a good one for throwback Thursday -

@TBNSully: A pause from vacation to reiterate my position of early June: The Bills should have cut Marcell Dareus as soon as his car hit the tree.

With Gilmore's option picked up and Dareus extended the team needs to find a way to get Nigel done. With Glenn the team can wait to see how he preforms this upcoming season before they make a decision. I have a feeling Nigel's stock is going to go way up after this season. So getting him to take a guaranteed deal now to avoid uncertainty would be a good idea.

If they can get Nigel done this team will have secured 3 of it's major 4 free agents through 2016.

Marcell Dareus will still only be 31 years old when his new deal expires in 2021. #YoungAndElite

What I like about that is you have MD for his entire prime of his career. That's fine if you tying up big money. Better than the McCoy situation where he already has a lot of miles on him and big money there too. We'll see...................

What's not to like about this deal? Dareus may just be the most important player on the Bills defense. It was evident to me when he wasn't on the field last year. Sure, Mario, Kyle and Jerry are important too, but I think Dareus is the lynch pin that gives the front 4 enough horsepower to get to the quarterback without sending blitz help. Quite frankly, I think Dareus is the reason the Dolphins went out and got Suh. They saw a model that works. When you have a guy in the middle that forces opposing teams to put two guys on, every single play, you open up opportunities for the others to bring quarterback pressure.

The $300 million dollar D-line, they'd better be the #1 line for years to come! I love how committed these guys all are in staying together, they are all taking a home team discount but are being compensated in guarantees, which shows commitment from the organisation in return.