Dareus Signs Six Year Extension with Bills

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RapSheet

#Bills’ Marcell Dareus extension is a monster. 6 years, $100M, $60M in guarantees. Under contract for 7 yrs, $108M. @AdamSchefter had it 1st

The #Bills never wavered on their commitment to Marcell Dareus, even with his suspension. Now they pay him like a top DT with $100M.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@RapSheet

#Bills’ Marcell Dareus extension is a monster. 6 years, $100M, $60M in guarantees. Under contract for 7 yrs, $108M. @AdamSchefter had it 1st

The #Bills never wavered on their commitment to Marcell Dareus, even with his suspension. Now they pay him like a top DT with $100M.

Wow, so the 108M includes this year? nice! that mean's it's more like 15.5M per year

@RapSheet

Wow, I thought the 108 was 6 years. If this is right, 6 yrs for 100M, we STOLE him. 14M less and only 1M more in guarantee than Miami paid Suh. Got to give it up to Overdork and #FullWhaley, this is outright theft.

Boom! Now I hope he does not go the way of Haynesworth...I feel like he has a personality that could go that direction.

Here's to him being dominant for years to come!!!

Way to get it done OBD!!!

Be interesting to see what is 100% guaranteed and what is guaranteed against injury. I have to believe Whaley left himself some outs with his history.

Boom! Now I hope he does not go the way of Haynesworth...I feel like he has a personality that could go that direction.

Here's to him being dominant for years to come!!!

Way to get it done OBD!!!

There's no chance of that. Dareus has surely had some issues, but they are mostly maturity-related. Haynesworth is simply a jerk - both before and after he signed his contract.

Very happy :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Be interesting to see what is 100% guaranteed and what is guaranteed against injury. I have to believe Whaley left himself some outs with his history.

I thought I read he has the most guaranteed money by a non-QB player ever.....but apparently the story has been updated and no longer says that.

Edited by bobobonators

dareus is the cornerstone here either way. you get 2-3 of those players (like brady and wilfork) and just make the pay patterns work no matter what.

Indeed.

How much longer do we have Mario's contract? Wouldn't be surprised of Dareus's shoots up when Mario's ends.

There's no chance of that. Dareus has surely had some issues, but they are mostly maturity-related. Haynesworth is simply a jerk - both before and after he signed his contract.

I think he can be lazy at times, he had issues with that early in his career. I hope those issues don't rear their ugly heads now that he has a large contract with 60 mil. guaranteed. I think he has some good leaders in the locker room to keep him motivated though!