Dareus Signs Six Year Extension with Bills

26CornerBlitz

The Whaley-hater crowd has zero credibility, IMO. Sorry, bud.

Now I'm a Whaley hater? I just want to see them ink the deal. But thanks for letting me know. Cuz I thought I was just an average Bills fan. Now that I know I'm a Whaleyhater things are becoming much more clear...

:doh:

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are very fortunate to have one of the best young GMs in football. If people can't see that this franchise has changed in the last couple years-god help them.

Some people can't relate to success.

It's why I say I'm getting tired of Whaley's shenanigans, why I just want them to get it done with Marcel. We're going to have to make him at least the second highest paid defensive player in the league to make him happy, so just do and lets get on with the season.

You don't negotiate very often, do you?

Good point about negotiating! Just git r done leads to overpaying and cap problems.

Really. Way to focus on one, albeit important, player. We only have two other valuable players to resign and maybe a franchise QB to extend.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Now I'm a Whaley hater? I just want to see them ink the deal. But thanks for letting me know. Cuz I thought I was just an average Bills fan. Now that I know I'm a Whaleyhater things are becoming much more clear...

:doh:

Then may be you can be a little more clear as to what you intended to convey in the bolded sections below:

I'm getting sick of Doug Whaley, he can field an all pro Roster all he wants but until he nails the 20 million dollar QB question, what good is it. All these "great" receivers? What good are they without someone to get them the ball? A top four D? Awesome, as long as we can get more than 3 field goals a game.

So sue me for being cynical, and flame me all ya want. Anything less than a SB is a failed season.

I was originally commenting on, basically just get r done type of comment in regards to Whaley signing Darius. I'm not trying to act like any of you guys are being unreasonable. I'm not trying to defend my position against ten of you highly reasonable posters. My fandom is of an emotional nature, not as scientific as most of you guys responding to me now.

With the events of the last few days, I have flashbacks of last year, losing to a 2-14 team while playoffs were on the line, in my view, because we had a QB playing for us, with one foot out the door and no loyalty to the Buffalo Bills or WNY whatsoever. And now the FO is putting us in a similar situation again, with Cassel.

It's why I say I'm getting tired of Whaleys shenanagins, why I just want them to get it done with Marcel. We're going to have to make him at least the second highest paid defensive player in the league to make him happy, so just do and lets get on with the season.

Whoa, sorry if I seem cynical guys, don't all jump down my back at once! We all know he wants to be highest paid defensive player. Just make him second highest and he will be happy, no?

But you know Whaleys trying to get cute with him, like the FO has done so many times before...

Just sign him, we all know its going to be an exorbitant number. Don't let him write his own check, but pay him, he's a cornerstone.

The similarity I draw, is that Whaleys a Wheeler dealer. You can play games with the scrubs but don't play games with a guy that's arguably your best player.

If you had intended to convey a reasonable, thoughtful evaluation of Whaley's time as Bills GM, you failed, miserably.

Then may be you can be a little more clear as to what you intended to convey in the bolded sections below:

If you had intended to convey a reasonable, thoughtful evaluation of Whaley's time as Bills GM, you failed, miserably.

I'm not seeing the hate in those comments, but you see what you wanna see, alright?

Speaking of not being at the facility, I assume Kromer is also started his fall vacation too?? Hadn't heard a word about it, but wouldn't really expect much to be said.

@SalSports

Even though Marcell Dareus can't be at facility this week, Bills can still negotiate w/agent and they are still working to get him signed

Yes he was cute, he saved a couple million $$ If that's what you call being cute, then you're truely clueless. I see in one of your other posts you came to just be an emotional fan. Well if you're that emotional to post just totally stupid completly off base things and then hide behind you're an emotional fan when everyone rips you apart, then maybe you need to stop posting as you can't handle it.

Fan is short for fanatic and that's fine, but if you're not reasonable, expect to be laughed out. That's the difference here, you're a fan, Whaley is a professional and he acts like one by doing things that you call "cute"

Let's see, got pretty cutsie with Matt Cassel in the last few days, bet if you were to sit down with him for a beer his story of the events would be a little different than his official media position.

Then, what was the report that they offered Darius a few weeks ago, 8-9 million? That's nowhere in the ballpark of what he wants, or what he's worth.

In other words it's just a normal day at TBD

Translation: I'm going to start throwing out wild, baseless, emotionally-charged accusations, and when you guys call me on my bull ****, I'll act like you're the ones that are being unreasonable.

Then this could be a great chance for you to learn how you're perceived. I have a feeling you'll miss the opportunity though.

Okok, since I'm being perceived as a hater, and a terrible negotiator, as Promo pointed out, could we settle on one thing? Could we drop the hater label, since I don't want him like dead, or to lose his job or anything, and maybe label me as a Whaley doubter?

That seems reasonable and so much less, dramatic, as "hater"

:w00t: I like Taylor as much as the next guy.. but talk about counting your chickens before they hatch.

Just saying if he breaks through he's gotta be paid. Whaley has to take that into account. God, nuance is dead.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Okok, since I'm being perceived as a hater, and a terrible negotiator, as Promo pointed out, could we settle on one thing? Could we drop the hater label, since I don't want him like dead, or to lose his job or anything, and maybe label me as a Whaley doubter?

That seems reasonable and so much less, dramatic, as "hater"

man you are very annoying

Let's see, got pretty cutsie with Matt Cassel in the last few days, bet if you were to sit down with him for a beer his story of the events would be a little different than his official media position.

Then, what was the report that they offered Darius a few weeks ago, 8-9 million? That's nowhere in the ballpark of what he wants, or what he's worth.

Really? Saving the team 2 million or so in cap space is a bad thing? Hell, Whaley can get cute all day long as far as I'm concerned if that is what you meant.

Basically, if that's all you've got around "getting cute", you might want to stop typing.