Dareus Signs Six Year Extension with Bills

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the money they have saved on not ever having to pay a top flight QB, they really should just buck up and pay the big guy!

With Cassel's new deal, the Bills spend about 3.6% of their cap on QB's. The starting DL before a Dareus extension is about 28%.

One would hope the deal gets done soon, but their lack of cap space (now about 7M) is the byproduct of their spending spree this off-season. I'm not saying they shouldn't have signed/re-signed Hughes, McCoy, Clay, and Harvin, but there are decisions to be made and they affect other players.

The one common denominator here is the Bills chose to reward outside people, save perhaps Hughes, before Dareus. Again, hopefully they come to terms this week.

Whoa, sorry if I seem cynical guys, don't all jump down my back at once! We all know he wants to be highest paid defensive player. Just make him second highest and he will be happy, no?

But you know Whaleys trying to get cute with him, like the FO has done so many times before...

Edited by mastershake

Whoa, sorry if I seem cynical guys, don't all jump down my back at once! We all know he wants to be highest paid defensive player. Just make him second highest and he will be happy, no?

But you know Whaleys trying to get cute with him, like the FO has done so many times before...

Really? Have any examples of Whaley getting "cute" so many times before?

Really? Have any examples of Whaley getting "cute" so many times before?

Let's see, got pretty cutsie with Matt Cassel in the last few days, bet if you were to sit down with him for a beer his story of the events would be a little different than his official media position.

Then, what was the report that they offered Darius a few weeks ago, 8-9 million? That's nowhere in the ballpark of what he wants, or what he's worth.

Edited by mastershake

Let's see, got pretty cutsie with Matt Cassel in the last few days, bet if you were to sit down with him for a beer his story of the events would be a little different than his official media position.

so you think Whaley is trying to talk marcel into taking a pay cut as a non-starter? I don't see any similarities between these two situations.

so you think Whaley is trying to talk marcel into taking a pay cut as a non-starter? I don't see any similarities between these two situations.

Just sign him, we all know its going to be an exorbitant number. Don't let him write his own check, but pay him, he's a cornerstone.

The similarity I draw, is that Whaleys a Wheeler dealer. You can play games with the scrubs but don't play games with a guy that's arguably your best player.

Edited by mastershake

Just sign him, we all know its going to be an exorbitant number. Don't let him write his own check, but pay him, he's a cornerstone.

i think they are doing that. Not criticizing you but just don't get your "Whaley is getting cute" stuff. This is a mega-contract, they take a ton of effort and negotiation. Also Overdorf is the main cog. Edited by YoloinOhio

Then, what was the report that they offered Darius a few weeks ago, 8-9 million? That's nowhere in the ballpark of what he wants, or what he's worth.

Yeah, Cassell was so disgusted with Whaley's "cute" ways, he re-signed with the BILLS.

GO BILLS!!!

The similarity I draw, is that Whaleys a Wheeler dealer. You can play games with the scrubs but don't play games with a guy that's arguably your best player.

dareus said the Bills were playing games. His example was the offers were going back and forth. That's not playing games. It's called negotiating. His agent got to him and he's been pretty quiet lately, no?

@spotrac: #Bills have now cleared $15.01M in overall 2015 cap space in the past 2 days, most in the NFL. http://t.co/jbqH2Fg0wH

Please explain this to me, sorry if I don't get it. I'm looking at the list of players that make up the $15M, I thought on the top 51 players counted vs the cap, many of the players on the list were certainly in the 53-75 count of players before last cut. How does this help our cap situation, except for Cassel, obviously.

Please explain this to me, sorry if I don't get it. I'm looking at the list of players that make up the $15M, I thought on the top 51 players counted vs the cap, many of the players on the list were certainly in the 53-75 count of players before last cut. How does this help our cap situation, except for Cassel, obviously.

i have no idea - I assumed spotrac knows what they are talking about but who knows. maybe someone else can explain though! Edited by YoloinOhio