Dareus Signs Six Year Extension with Bills

26CornerBlitz

@viccarucci

#Bills have room to make a couple of roster adds & cap room to extend Marcell Dareus' deal. I'm told #Bills want that done before opener.

@AdamSchefter

Bills signed Marcel Dareus to a six-year, $108 million extension, per source.

@buffalobills

DONE DEAL! Marcell Dareus, long-term Buffalo Bill. Details and highlights: http://bufbills.co/p7DIxx

COjPv4xWgAEV1FF.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they want to get Bradham signed too.

@JasonLaCanfora:

In addition to trying to extend Marcell Dareus, Bills also working hard on newdeal for Nigel Bradham. Cassel savings may go there first

Great news! Sign Bradham now before he starts getting recognized by the rest of the league and media and his price tag gets higher.

@viccarucci

#Bills have room to make a couple of roster adds & cap room to extend Marcell Dareus' deal. I'm told #Bills want that done before opener.

Looks like they want to get Bradham signed too.

@JasonLaCanfora:

In addition to trying to extend Marcell Dareus, Bills also working hard on newdeal for Nigel Bradham. Cassel savings may go there first

Good. Get them both extended.

@viccarucci: Hearing that if #Bills don't get a contract extension w Marcell Dareus done before opener, they will not address it during the season.

I was thinking this all along. I could be missing something but the only advantage right now that the Cassell and Fred cuts have as far as extending Dareus would have to be made before the season started. So they could rip up this year's contract and start a new one. Once this season starts they couldn't do that anymore because his contract would be guaranteed and I'm not sure they could rip it up after it has already started.

@viccarucci

If they're really wanting to put on a push to extend Dareus, it suddenly makes more sense that they're cutting vet backups and collecting the pennies in a jar.

If nothing else it's like "D, give us a break here, we got out the broom and cleared as much cap room as we could"

@spotrac: #Bills have now cleared $15.01M in overall 2015 cap space in the past 2 days, most in the NFL. http://t.co/jbqH2Fg0wL

That's a lot of pennies. One and a half of these