ESPN: Some doubt LeSean McCoy will be ready for opener

johnwalter

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a part of me that says Jackson's release reflects the team's belief that McCoy will be ready to go.

I feel similarly. Could be deception since they know the QB now!

If he isn't ready to go, then cutting Jackson looks real bad.

I don't know about that, Karlos and Bryce both looked great in the first preseason game.

Edited by Big C

Are you !@#$ing kidding me?????? This is irresponsible journalism in my opinion and nothing more than an attempt to garner more "clicks". Unfortunately, I gave him one.

How he can arrive at this conclusion based on Rex's comments is bordering on "Grahamical"

Are you !@#$ing kidding me?????? This is irresponsible journalism in my opinion and nothing more than an attempt to garner more "clicks". Unfortunately, I gave him one.

How he can arrive at this conclusion based on Rex's comments is bordering on "Grahamical"

I am surprised that the title to that article wasn't:

"IK sucker punch... McCoy injured."

I know this isn't the thread for it but I cannot understand how Fred Jackson is not on this team. He was like the one sure thing when we needed him and if McCoy can't play he was a sure thing.

McCoy not being ready, I am calling it now - he's not going to satisfy us. Karlos and Brown will carry the load.

I know this isn't the thread for it but I cannot understand how Fred Jackson is not on this team. He was like the one sure thing when we needed him and if McCoy can't play he was a sure thing.

McCoy not being ready, I am calling it now - he's not going to satisfy us. Karlos and Brown will carry the load.

he said he will be ready

There's a part of me that says Jackson's release reflects the team's belief that McCoy will be ready to go.

Yeah. I really doubt Whaley does that if there is any doubt Shady is at least playable.

From what I saw elsewhere, they think he's going to play, but he's not at full speed yet.

if this isn't just random speculation, it does make the FJ move even more baffling. though with the beat up RBs on the team, i don't know why you wouldn't have a plan in place. though i'm not paid to make these kinds of decisions. i just speculate for free.

The reports thus far are a mixed bag. Coaching staff are saying they don't know if he'll be at 100% and may be on a "limited pitch count". At the same time, McCoy says he doesn't anticipate missing any time. The Colts run defense isn't anything spectacular so the key for me is Tyrod. If he looks like he did in the preseason, the Bills have a chance to open with a win. If he's shaky at all, Luck could put the Colts up quickly.

He has a hamstring injury. He might be ready for week 1, he might not. I don't really think this is breaking news. We hope he will be ready obviously. I think just as big of a question is whether all the backup RB's will be healthy for week 1, since they just cut a healthy one...

Edited by ricojes

You think karlos and Brown will carry the load in week one or the whole season? If you're saying we won't be satisfied with McCoy the whole season, I'd take that bet.

You think karlos and Brown will carry the load in week one or the whole season? If you're saying we won't be satisfied with McCoy the whole season, I'd take that bet.

week 1 they can carry the load, the rest of the season they can pick up the pace and carry the load when needed.

I meant Dixon, not Karlos. Both Dixon and Brown can fill in as a 1-2 punch. I really like Karlos, though. He is going to succeed, the problem is that he's still a rookie and injured so we have to be reasonable with our hopes. Elsewise, I think Karlos, Dixon and Brown can contribute just as much to this team as McCoy can, should McCoy falter.

McCoy, though, I think will not please everyone on this board. Most people here were not exposed to him enough in Phili and only know the hype. He's not AP or Murray. He won't make as many plays as he will highlights, if that makes sense.

week 1 they can carry the load, the rest of the season they can pick up the pace and carry the load when needed.

I meant Dixon, not Karlos. Both Dixon and Brown can fill in as a 1-2 punch. I really like Karlos, though. He is going to succeed, the problem is that he's still a rookie and injured so we have to be reasonable with our hopes. Elsewise, I think Karlos, Dixon and Brown can contribute just as much to this team as McCoy can, should McCoy falter.

McCoy, though, I think will not please everyone on this board. Most people here were not exposed to him enough in Phili and only know the hype. He's not AP or Murray. He won't make as many plays as he will highlights, if that makes sense.

So he's a CJ Spiller on steroids? (i.e. consistent with flashes of greatness)