Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope Contrary to the dribble you just wrote. You do not watch the games. or maybe just do not understand what some players actually do contribute, epic fail dude.

maybe time to drop the silly narrative. And look at just who has contributed in the past few seasons of **** bills football. And who hasn't. the list is very, very short.

You're clueless but a old timers TBD club favorite.So I guess that carry's weight here.

So a contributor to multiple losing seasons and one very underachieving winning season is a plus. I wonder if you'd think that about a player on a team that wasn't the Bills.

For X Amount of money, yeah, you might want to hint to someone that the fan favorite player might not be the best idea for a spokesman.

i believe he was brought on to be their spokesperson 4 or 5 years ago... It wasn't a new choice. Probably just a new campaign for 2015. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think more people would be okay with this if the team wasn't basically choosing Bryce over Freddy. Seems silly, both in the short and long-term.

Exactly. Organization has been preaching "win now", well Fred is better than Bryce right now.

Edited by jmc12290

i only think it looks "bad" on the Twitter machine and PR engine because people adore Fred. But the only way he will end up truthfully looking bad at his job is if the team doesn't make the playoffs and/or he can't sign Dareus and a few other good, young upcoming FAs he wants to keep. Keeping Fred and his salary would have been the easy thing to do. He's paid to do more than that.

That's well put, and makes me feel a little better. Not a lot, but a little.

Oh come on - we have to consider ad campaigns for sponsors before roster moves now?

No but if Brandon wasn't made aware of this and the sponsor has to eat a few million, they will make sure that Bills pay for it somewhere down the road. Whaley just made his bosses life a bit harder. And that always ends up well for the subordinate.

We have no idea what the real story is and it does seem strange the Bills cut Fred. Perhaps they discussed with him this being his last year and he wasn't open to that. Perhaps he has been critical of some of Whaley's moves. Fred was outspoken. Or perhaps Whaley does have to justify the Brown trade. In the long run we will find out because if Whaley "went rogue" the Pegulas won't appreciate that nor will Rex. It would be really stupid of Whaley not to include them.

Fred got cut. It sucks, I get it.

But we are fans of the TEAM and not fans of any on particular player. Its time to accept the decision that was made and move on...sitting around pointing fingers, assigning blame etc does no use but to serve a distraction for the remaining 53 guys who make the team

In the end we all want one thing...playoffs and a superbow. Lets not let 1 player getting released (no matter how much we all liked him) interfere with why we all root for this team.

Come week 1 everyone will be beyond this.

i believe he was brought on to be their spokesperson 4 or 5 years ago... It wasn't a new choice. Probably just a new campaign for 2015.

Maybe. The way Graham worded it was as "launching". I assumed a new, or at least renewed contract. I'm not even saying tell them he being cut. Just hint that you think someone else would be better, like Kyle.

The only way that this makes sense is if at the meeting where they(Rex,Whaley,coaches,Pegs) decide on the cuts, Fred was not one of the cuts that they decided upon....but then went and cut him anyway. That is going rogue.

Alternatively, Whaley, with the big picture in mind, held firm in the meeting and despite perhaps strong debate from several others it was decided that Fred should be one of the cuts. That is not going rogue.

Sometimes I think that members of the media don't actually use inflamatory and incorrect language on purpose....instead they are simply too ignorant and stupid to know the difference.

Going rogue also means...." Members of the team didn't know Jackson was going to get cut now". They may have talked about but maybe say wait till after the presses don games then decide.