Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 27s27 seconds ago

"Being in the loop" would prevent one of Bills' biggest sponsors from launching expensive Fred Jackson ad campaign today. It's embarrassing.

I don't know who one of the Bills biggest sponsors is referring to, but I did hear a Fred Jackson commercial on WGR about an hour or two after the news broke yesterday

I love Fred. One of my all time favorite Bills. Just a tremendous guy and player and ambassador. But I also have been saying for years, with good reason and people telling me stuff, that Fred is also, simultaneously, often pissed at the Bills organization. He thinks he has been screwed over a few different times. I said it yesterday before this came out. It doesn't lessen in any way what I think of him, and I believe he has been right. But he is not the guy a lot of people think he is. He gets mad and he gets bitter and it fuels him like it used to fuel Thurman.

Thank you. I was thinking the same. Calling Fred unproductive is insane.

Meh. I love Freddy. But to say he's not in decline and injured quite a bit over the past few seasons is glossing over the facts.

Edited by stony

Oh come on - we have to consider ad campaigns for sponsors before roster moves now?

For X Amount of money, yeah, you might want to hint to someone that the fan favorite player might not be the best idea for a spokesman.

That is not the criterion any GM or person responsible for the roster uses to determine who stays and who goes.

It's playing ability combined with cost relative to the investment in other assets. Convince me how Bryce Brown deserves a spot on this roster over Fred

i only think it looks "bad" on the Twitter machine and PR engine because people adore Fred.

Keep in mind that this is 'Fred' as filtered by Bucky Gleason with TG providing the color commentary.

The only folks that benefit from this 'scoop' are Bucky, Timmeh and my bird, who will be reading this story in his cage soon enough...

Turk Shoenert? Is he still with the Bills and why is he handing out pink slips?

I googled him to check. Alouettes.

Good GMs think short term, mid term and long term all at the same time. Tough choices need to be made. No one makes the right one all the time.

Good GM's don't stash 2 developmental RB's on their 53. I'd love to see some evidence to the contrary.

Last few seasons don't matter, this year is what matters.

. And look at just who has contributed in the past few seasons of **** bills football. And who hasn't. the list is very, very short.

McCoy, Williams for certain. Factoring in ST would put Dixon ahead of him too. And honestly, if Brown gets over the fumbling thing, I'd put him ahead to, but may not matter as Brown likely won't dress unless someone else gets hurt which would have been the same position for Freddy, not dressing for the game.

But please convince me that Fred Jackson wasn't a top three RB on this team.