Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

So do Bills fans attack FJax or Whaley now?

No one knows how Buffalo will fare this season, but I can't imagine if they don't make the playoffs that this will help Whaley get a contract extension.

And let's not forget, Whaley gave Fred a contract extension last year for 2015.

But I thought Whaley is only doing Rex's bidding? Make up your mind.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Graham retweeted Biff

My hunch (an educated one) is that the Tyrod Taylor announcement same day Fred Jackson got cut wasn't coincidental.

Gee, who ever would have guessed?

Answer: Anyone who can put 2+2 together. Whaley's forum plants will keep screaming in his defense, and bashing Freddy, but those of you who are like me, and think objectively without an agenda, must have realized what I've been saying this whole time has been true. Don't be afraid to say it yourself. The blowback from Team Whaley should not discourage you from speaking your mind...especially when it is so patently obvious.

This team was not built exclusively by Whaley. Tyrod certainly was not a Whaley choice. Many of his personnel decisions, especially his biggest ones, have been made rogue and subsequently backfired. He overstepped badly with letting Freddy go from not only a team and talent perspective, but a PR persepctive. He'll deservedly take a huge hit for this from the media and fans.

For Whaley's sake, the Bills better have a banner season this year, without any controversies or bickering between him and Rex, or you can bank on the Pegulas shopping for a new GM next summer.

McCoy will not be coming off the field on 3rd down.

My point exactly. So if they think karlos is better at filling some of the short yardage roles, it might be a more complete 1-2 punch, even if you worry about karlos not being an experienced pass blocker etc... Odds are shady is in for the 3rd downs even if we kept Fred.

whaley said he consulted the owners in his post release interviews...if he lied and used sullied the pegulas he is done as a gm. We shall see how this plays out.

Well, that escalated quickly for nearly no apparent reason

To you and many others, perhaps.

As Marv said, however, if you listen to the fans you'll end up sitting with them....

So you are quoting maybe the worst GM in Bills history? :lol:

In the 20 years that TSW (and before that Hyperbills) has been around I can say without the slightest doubt that fans are increasingly better informed.

Last few seasons don't matter, this year is what matters.

McCoy, Williams for certain. Factoring in ST would put Dixon ahead of him too. And honestly, if Brown gets over the fumbling thing, I'd put him ahead to, but may not matter as Brown likely won't dress unless someone else gets hurt which would have been the same position for Freddy, not dressing for the game.

What Proof was there that this season would not be productive in some areas as always for Fred? A pulled hamstring? IIRC they started a 6 th string back in one game. Everyone else was injured along with the old man.

And "if" brown gets over fumbling does not sound like you are totally sold either? Put 6 beers in Rex at the big tree and the truth on this may hurt the people that claim the old man would not matter this season. If just for picking up blitzes for a QB who has never started a NFL regular season game. or maybe not. At 2.5 mil. chump change in today's NFL I would keep him That Is a fans perspective. But as much as Pegula has helped the city.

this move may start to smell Sabre like if "business" reasons were the only reason they kept Fred until yesterday. The Pegulas may find out PR in sports is way more complex than the oil shale biz. Whaley is far from a old successful GM he has put togehter potential and not a thing more. yet.

Edited by Best Player Available

Serious answer. Yes.

And I truly believe that getting rid of the oldest RB in the league, two years running, was a wise move, because said RB was not making a difference and would naturally make even less of a difference this season.

If pumping up the crowd scored points, the 2015 version of Fred Jackson would be named MVP before the season even started. It's just not the case.

It was a good football decision and it was a good business decision. When Whaley extends the contracts of guys who actually help the team score points and win games, people will see that.

No offense (pun intended), but if you watched the games last year and thought "man, Fred just isn't very good", then you really don't know much about football. Not many RBs could be successful in that situation with that o-line, those QBs and those coaches. That's why objective fans were actually excited to see what Fred could do with a better supporting cast and some decent coaching this year.

Why do you keep bringing up the fact that he's 34? You do realize he has less career carries than McCoy, right?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I guess that's what's good about a public message board, but I can't disagree with your assessment enough about this being a good football and/or business decision. The guy can still flat out ball. And the money he makes is paltry in the grand scheme of things, especially with all the workarounds available with contracts.

Belicheck does what is best for his team... Goes "rogue" on the regular... Think of the players he has gotten rid of for the better of the team over the last 10+ years... Most recently Vince Wilfork... If Garoppolo tears it up during Brady's potential

down time prepare to be shocked... Brady wants to play 6 more years do you think Bellicheck will really hang on to him for that duration?

Apples and oranges. Sponsors work with the team PR department on all the campaigns, because the tab had to approve any usage of Bills and NFL trademarks.

If Fred hit his wife that risk is on the bank. But this is different and the bank will be bitching in Brandon's office tomorrow morning. Whether they took the risk is immaterial. Brandon will get an earful and will have to satisfy a major sponsor, somehow. If he was in the dark about this move, Whaley's in for an earful too

You don't want to make your boss's life harder

No way, IMO. Roster decisions can't be made because of sponsor ad budgets. Full stop.

A company that ties its horse to any player/celebrity is always at risk the campaign will blow up due to on- or off the field factors.

Belicheck does what is best for his team... Goes "rogue" on the regular... Think of the players he has gotten rid of for the better of the team over the last 10+ years... Most recently Vince Wilfork... If Garoppolo tears it up during Brady's potential

down time prepare to be shocked... Brady wants to play 6 more years do you think Bellicheck will really hang on to him for that duration?

Has Whaley won 5 Superbowls?

I would have kept Fred myself. But I can make a convincing argument for it.

Karlos Williams looked very good in OTAs and in camp and especially in his first game. Fred is very injury prone. He's been seriously injured three years in a row and was hurt in training camp. Karlos all but beat Fred out as the #2 because of his fresh legs, speed, and ST ability. If McCoy goes down Fred is not able to carry the load of 15-20 carries a game. Karlos is a rookie and cannot be counted on either. Dixon is a monster on ST and a decent #3 and Fred Jackson Lite as far as an emotional leader and good locker room guy.

You can only keep three and maybe four RB, and you will only dress three. Karlos is going to be one of the three because of ST play. Is Fred Jackson going to get more yards on 50 carries than Karlos Williams? I'm not sure. I think Karlos beat him out for #2 and a few reporters said as much.

How certain are we that Karlos's private parts will be ready for football action on Sept 13th?

No way, IMO. Roster decisions can't be made because of sponsor ad budgets. Full stop.

A company that ties its horse to any player/celebrity is always at risk the campaign will blow up due to on- or off the field factors.

especially a 34 year old RB. M&T needs to shoot a commercial with Jack Eichel and move on.

How certain are we that Karlos's private parts will be ready for football action on Sept 13th?

How certain are we that McCoy doesn't tweak something and miss two weeks, and we have a repeat of the slapdick 2 YPC crew 2 years running?

Edited by FireChan

Did you just compare arguably the greatest coach of all time to Doug Whaley?

I have to think something is written into their contract for situations like this