Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

Just to be clear that isn't what I am saying at all. All that I was saying is that the Bills didn't do what they are supposed. They either didnt communicate or didn't execute. These things are developed together.

I'm sorry but I still can't fathom how Russ would communicate anything than Fred is going to be cut, and not set of a media firestorm. In fact Russ couldn't tell anyone a thing. You know what blabbermouths sales people can be. And can you imagine the column from Sullivan when he catches wind? You know it would happen. As hard as this was, there is no other way it could have happened that wouldn't be ten times worse.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sincere question to not only Tom, but all the other expert folks here with a lot of football history and knowledge:

Has anything like that EVER been done over a first-round preseason cut before? Or any cut?

It's one thing if the player chooses to retire, but I cant recall any player that was given such a ceremony when they were cut, and there have certainly been bigger fan-favorites cut from other teams before.

I don't think so. But then, how often to long-term, popular, historically productive veterans get cut in the first round of roster cuts? It's a bit of an unusual situation.

of course they will .. Fred had little impact the last few years

Chris Conte's face disagrees.

I'm sorry but I still can't fathom how Russ would communicate anything than Fred is going to be cut, and not set of a media firestorm. In fact Russ couldn't tell anyone a thing. You know what blabbermouths sales people can be. And can you imagine the column from Sullivan when he catches wind? You know it would happen. As hard as this was, there is no other way it could have happened that wouldn't be ten times worse.

If you go all of the way through the thread I detailed how I would have handled it (and how I have seen it handled). It really isn't that hard. No sales person would have ever known. The department heads should have been in the loop (and maybe they were). if they were they did not execute very well and if they weren't they did not communicate very well.

Trying to think of another NFL team where the GM cuts players without discussing it first with the coach. Especially an experienced, highly paid head coach and the cutting of the team's most popular player. I recall the Pegulas saying they valued transparency and collaborative decision making regarding personnel. This certainly flies in the face of that philosophy.

BTW, don't believe for a moment the Pegulas weren't involved in the leak of Whaley going rogue. T-Peg was reportedly surprised by Whaley's decision to cut Fred, and likely even more surprised to learn he did it without first consulting Rex. It only stands to reason that Whaley breached some level of trust with coach and owner in this process, and the front office silence in response to the viral "rogue" reports speaks volumes.

Fred didn't become so beloved by fans, teammates and coaches by being a low character loud mouth who threw scandalous bombs to the media. For him to publicly call Whaley a liar is very significant. Consider the source of this statement. No athlete has earned the public's trust more than Freddy, maybe ever. His word is golden, and Whaley will find his reputation damaged far more from the resulting bad character label than any trade criticism he may have taken if Rex kept Freddy and cut his precious Bryce.

Trying to think of another NFL team where the GM cuts players without discussing it first with the coach. Especially an experienced, highly paid head coach and the cutting of the team's most popular player. I recall the Pegulas saying they valued transparency and collaborative decision making regarding personnel.

Except there is zero evidence that he didn't discuss it with the coach. Crusade onward.

PSA. Wouldn't it just be easier to put this guy on ignore and reduce the wasted space in this thread? I know he has some mild entertainment value. But think of the lost productivity and wasted server space tied up in responding over and over to his 'tin foil hat' arguments...

Indeed. Please Don't Feed the Troll (or the Negativo).

As someone (I think it was NoSaint, not sure) said "his name isn't Logictivo".

How do you put someone on Ignore?

Except there is zero evidence that he didn't discuss it with the coach. Crusade onward.

Besides the multiple media reports, what further evidence do you require? Personally being in the room with Whaley to see if he told anyone? I'm not going with the media conspiracy theory that everyone is spreading lies to libel Whaley. It's clear to me there is fire behind the smoke.

Trying to think of another NFL team where the GM cuts players without discussing it first with the coach. Especially an experienced, highly paid head coach and the cutting of the team's most popular player. I recall the Pegulas saying they valued transparency and collaborative decision making regarding personnel. This certainly flies in the face of that philosophy.

BTW, don't believe for a moment the Pegulas weren't involved in the leak of Whaley going rogue. T-Peg was reportedly surprised by Whaley's decision to cut Fred, and likely even more surprised to learn he did it without first consulting Rex. It only stands to reason that Whaley breached some level of trust with coach and owner in this process, and the front office silence in response to the viral "rogue" reports speaks volumes.

Fred didn't become so beloved by fans, teammates and coaches by being a low character loud mouth who threw scandalous bombs to the media. For him to publicly call Whaley a liar is very significant. Consider the source of this statement. No athlete has earned the public's trust more than Freddy, maybe ever. His word is golden, and Whaley will find his reputation damaged far more from the resulting bad character label than any trade criticism he may have taken if Rex kept Freddy and cut his precious Bryce.

You keep saying the same thing. Over ... and over ... and over ... and over ... and over ...

And the 2015 b.harami98 Outstanding Achievement in Posting award goes to......

Not to mention Manning is a first ballot HOF, SB champ, holder of a bunch of all-time records, etc. It's a pretty absurd comparison.

The absurdity is only a product of how horrid this team has been over the years. He's been the most iconic bills player over the past decade bar none, albeit because the roster has been garbage.

If you can't accept they didn't manage the narrative and send off as well as they could have, I don't know what to tell you.

Besides the multiple media reports, what further evidence do you require? Personally being in the room with Whaley to see if he told anyone? I'm not going with the media conspiracy theory that everyone is spreading lies to libel Whaley. It's clear to me there is fire behind the smoke.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/fantasy/fantasy-football/update/25098449/report-bilal-powell-leaning-toward-bills-rex-ryan

Except by all indications, the Bills were after Bilal Powell back in March at the behest of Rex Ryan.

It is just as likely that Ryan and Whaley agreed that Jackson was too expensive to keep, wanted to released him in March, and the owner said wait until camp so that we can sell more tickets. Or they said to Fred take a payout and he said I want 2 more years on my deal.

You have zero inside info save for the Buffalo News who are just stirring the pot because that is what they do.