Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you getting that from? Played a hefty amount last year and was expected to contribute behind Shady this year.

One of the reasons little birdies have told me that Fred was released was because the team wants McCoy out there as much as possible. Like, for instance, Fred would not necessarily be the third down back.

No... I'm saying that the people worked up about Fred's release are thinking with their heart rather than their head. People are upset for emotional reasons rather than logic. Nobody criticizes the guys who are proven and make these decisions. Doug has to make bold yet emotional moves at some point.

There are a lot of people "upset for emotional reasons" but there are a lot of football reasons why they shouldn't have cut Fred Jackson. I'm not going to re-iterate them but writing it off as just an emotional reaction is inaccurate.

Fred is far more injury prone than McCoy. In fact that is the best reason to release him. He's had a serious injury each of the last three seasons and then this training camp. If you want to look at it realistically he's less reliable than Glass Goodwin.

His injury wasn't that serious last year, but he had to come back 2 weeks early because we could barely get a yard on the ground.

Besides, him playing less would directly correlate to getting less banged up.

And you are still missing the point. It's not just that the Bills cut Freddie, but how it was done. Apparently the process was short cut somehow, and people behind the scenes seem upset. If Whaley is the one who orchestrated the short cut, he will hear it from his boss, because his boss's job just got a little tougher.

So, with roster cutdown deadlines looming, Whaley has to think about ad spending ramifications??

Would making the decision this coming Saturday rather than yesterday have given the bank any advantage? Nope. No matter what Timmah's inferring, nobody's job got tougher due to advertiser pressure...

One of the reasons little birdies have told me that Fred was released was because the team wants McCoy out there as much as possible. Like, for instance, Fred would not necessarily be the third down back.

So then just play Shady as much as possible. What a weird excuse, are we gonna roll with 3 WR's because we want Woods, Harvin and Watkins out there as much as possible?

Right. He only thinks about himself and not what is best for the team.

This kind of thing is so stupid I don't even know why I respond. He's going to do something selfish, that is going to make the team WORSE, so he can personally get an extension?

He's a career minded executive who knows ownership is looking at his decisions building their football team since 2013. And he's contending with a HC more accomplished in the NFL that has ownership's ear because the HC doesn't report to the GM. Why wouldn't he be focused on ensuring his future?

This isn't the dichotomy you suggest: That either Whaley is selfish or is going full out for the team regardless of his acquisitions.

Every single executive level individual is always focused on securing the future. Some go to further extremes than others. And you know that.

"Went rogue?" I have a hard time believing Whaley cut Jackson without Rex Ryan's input at the very least.

The only way that this makes sense is if at the meeting where they(Rex,Whaley,coaches,Pegs) decide on the cuts, Fred was not one of the cuts that they decided upon....but then went and cut him anyway. That is going rogue.

Alternatively, Whaley, with the big picture in mind, held firm in the meeting and despite perhaps strong debate from several others it was decided that Fred should be one of the cuts. That is not going rogue.

Sometimes I think that members of the media don't actually use inflamatory and incorrect language on purpose....instead they are simply too ignorant and stupid to know the difference.

I agree it's hard to fathom Whaley making the move without input from Rex. And if Rex was informed, how is it going rogue?

But is is Whaley's call to make as GM. Many people here said one strong football guy has to make the calls, and be in charge. They don't think the consensus style works. While I disagree to a point, it's hard to argue Whaley isn't a strong football guy.

Finally, for tonight anyway, the assertion Whaley cut Fred was because he traded for Brown sounds preposterous to me. That Brown is on the roster (along with the other backs there) made the cut possible. But if you think, had Brown come to the team in another fashion (other than trade, or huge FA signing) Jackon's position would have been safe---well, I think you need to get the foil cap. I recommend Zapoti:

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

I love Fred. One of my all time favorite Bills. Just a tremendous guy and player and ambassador. But I also have been saying for years, with good reason and people telling me stuff, that Fred is also, simultaneously, often pissed at the Bills organization. He thinks he has been screwed over a few different times. I said it yesterday before this came out. It doesn't lessen in any way what I think of him, and I believe he has been right. But he is not the guy a lot of people think he is. He gets mad and he gets bitter and it fuels him like it used to fuel Thurman.

He has.

Marshawn, CJ, Shady.

He was the most productive RB on the team for year and they never gave him the #1 nod.

Ok. But there has to be a backup right? And someone who backs up the backup? Fred was and still is a top 3 RB on this team for this season. Especially, with the unknowns of Bryce and the rookie. It's a win or bust season, should have kept him for this year at least. Bottom line.

NFL Network says if the Hawks sign Fred they could have the best one two punch in the NFL. They evidently have not heard that Fred is old and slow.

How can anyone who saw the first 3 offensive plays Saturday say Fred can't ball anymore? Add to that that the defending NFC Champs want him sounds a lot different than the BS I've been reading on here today.

Pro scouting coordinator for a 2x super bowl champ in his early-mid 30s before coming an NFL GM in his 40's... It's not like he's an owner's son who was handed a job

That's cute. Show me the rings and playoff berths. And then we can potentially discuss Doug Whaley in the same breath as the term "legend".