Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

Whaley extended Fred once personally and I believe was high ranking during a previous extension.

Yet is described as going rogue, deceitful and an egomaniac that did this to justify another a move he made in the last day.... Interesting, really.

I hate to say it but if Fred's going to open that door he needs to either address the issue specifically, or preferably just keep his feelings to himself.

This is what the GM gets paid to do. Make the tough, and unpopular decisions for the betterment of the team.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't Minnesota backing Peterson in front of a sponsors logo.

Doug Whaley does not answer to the marketing department. Doug Whaley should make their job easier by building a winner. This fabricated idea that the GM owes sponsors full disclosure of potential moves before they are made is embarrassing for you.

Well....I'm willing to believe Jerry Jones would or has tipped off a sponsor in his day...

..........which is something that Fred has been an expert at preventing by just being the smarter and/or more determined player.

Like I have said.......LeSean had better do a better job running inside and following his blocks and especially in short yardage and goal line...than he did in Philly.

People will notice now. The All-22 is cruel when you don't do your job.

Did I miss something, did he not have a great career in Philly?

So if Fred wasn't dressing for game day cause they want special teams production there, and Fred has shown he can't carry the full load if McCoy goes down.... Can you take the short walk to Fred possibly not being the right fit, as a role player with diminished role?

About a page back someone argued that Fred's injuries the last few years are proof we need to keep Fred in case of injury.... It was impressive.

Does Bryce play special teams?

Im bummed FJax is gone, but Karlos the Krusha will ease the pain as the rotational replacement.

This is a new team, with harvin, tyrod, shady, karlos, clay, miller and incognito all new and ready to roll this offense.

Whaley is being truthful when he says he has tons of respect for Freddy, so is Rex, but Doug is paid to make the tough decisions like this. If we had 55 roster spots he would still be here, but we dont.

This isn't Minnesota backing Peterson in front of a sponsors logo.

Doug Whaley does not answer to the marketing department. Doug Whaley should make their job easier by building a winner. This fabricated idea that the GM owes sponsors full disclosure of potential moves before they are made is embarrassing for you.

Where did I say that Whaley owes the sponsors anything?

I think that you're missing the key link between the GM and the sponsors. If you don't think that the marketing department of any organization doesn't make life difficult for the engineers and builders if they get embarrassed in front of major customers, then you haven't worked in a big company.

Edited by GG

Do you deny that the sponsor will be looking to have a sit down with Brandon and the Bills marketing department? Do you think it will be a pleasant meeting? Did Brandon's job just get a little bit tougher? If Brandon wasn't aware of the Freddie cut ahead of time, do you think he's happy with Whaley?

That's how things work in organizations.

Going rogue is a serious implication for that employee, and it rarely ends up well for that employee.

Good God, this is frustrating. Advertising arrangements are immaterial to the product on the field. If Russ is sweating over meeting with Bob Wilmers to redo a marketing contract then he's in the wrong line of work. M&T wears big boy pants and so do the Bills.

Also, why do I get the feeling you'd just as strenuously argue that Whaley's a "puppet GM in name only" if Fred made the team because of a major sponsor's ad campaign?

Where did I say that Whaley owes the sponsors anything?

I think that you're missing the key link between the GM and the sponsors. If you don't think that the marketing department of any organization doesn't make life difficult for the engineers and builders of they get embarrassed in front of major customers, then you haven't worked in a big company.

I in fact do- and one that is a major nfl sponsor. And know our marketing team well.

Would they be annoyed by the development? Sure, they'd dislike having to scrap and re-work something. Would they be mad at the team for making a roster move? Absolutely not.

That ignoring that it was a player rumored to be cut, the oldest in the league at his position, and possibly injured when they conceived the plan.

Edited by NoSaint

I can't believe Whaley did this "Rogue" also, I believe that this is him trying to save face for Rex. The problem is there are two stories coming out of the building... we are going to keep the best 53 regardless of position and he was a cap casualty. I personally thing it was the wrong decision, but I also think they should have at least been honest as to why, especially when holding a news conference about the release.

"We have younger players we believe can perform the role Fred played on the team and want to give them the opportunity"

But done put out statements like Rex did today "We did everything we could to try and save him" ... no no you did not.