Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

Does Fred wear his Bills Jersey in the ad? If he does, the Bills are involved

There can certainly be certain permissions granted... But I guarantee the Bills make no roster guarantees to M&T nor do they consult with M&T before making roster decisions.

Adpro Team Sports owner Ron Raccuia is Fred's agent...did they need his permission too?

Edited by RalphOP83

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, most of FJ's problems in recent years have been related to his body breaking down (groin, hamstring, etc) rather than outright hits.

It's an open question whether the same thing will happen to Shady...

Totally agree. But the fact is Fred Jackson is more injury prone than Marquise Goodwin. Regardless of how it happens. That is a huge factor in why he was released.

Again, in my opinion, there are 15-20 factors that enter the equation. One of the biggest ones, to me, is Fred getting hurt.

People seem to be unable to see both sides of an argument, and just hold onto what they believe as truth, without being able to see that they may be wrong.

Which is crazy considering how many times they know themselves they have been wrong. To me, Ozzie Newsome is the best GM in the business as far as drafting and letting players go when they need to be goes. The Ravens don't always have the best team but they are always in it and they draft well and they don't make a lot a lot of mistakes. The point, however, is that even if Ozzie is the best in the game, he still hits on less than 50% of the players.

It's ironic that you use a radio station analogy since I managed radio stations for a couple of decades. Dealing with sales was a big part of the job and a week didn't go by where some clod from sales promised a client something that went against programming policy.

The bad stations I worked for kowtowed to the whims of the client. The good stations told me I was in charge of programming and if I set a policy sales had to respect it. After all the programming, and ultimately the ratings, were my measuring stick.

So if cutting Fred opened a can of f##k-all for the Bills marketing department, that's a pity. It's also not part of Doug Whaley's job description. It's Russ Brandon's job to soothe the clients, not Doug's.

Actually it's not ironic, and your response confirmed that the station had a protocol in place between sales and programming and sounds like you weren't thrilled when the sales clod went against programming policy. But I am sure you sat quietly when the sales department went against policy.

NFL Network says if the Hawks sign Fred they could have the best one two punch in the NFL. They evidently have not heard that Fred is old and slow.

How can anyone who saw the first 3 offensive plays Saturday say Fred can't ball anymore? Add to that that the defending NFC Champs want him sounds a lot different than the BS I've been reading on here today.

Funny they never said McCoy and Fred were a top 1-2 punch.

Let's say you own a radio station and your program director sits in a staff meeting with the sales department and finds out you just landed a big advertiser who he doesn't like. So the next day, right before the campaign starts, he tells the Djs to trash the advertiser on the air.

Now, he's a very good program director and he doesn't care about what the sales department does.

But, don't tell me that days won't be wasted by you trying to make amends and making sure that if he decides to pull crap like that in the future, you would like a little heads up.

Good gawd, this has to be the worst example example ever....

Let me try to help:

1) Deal (contract) between FJ and M&T is just that - it is a deal between those two parties, the Bills organization has practically no say in the terms of the contract.

2) Deal (contract) between the Bills and M&T - FJ has no say in the terms of this contract

3) Deal (contract) between the Bills and FJ - is a deal between just those two parties, M&T has NO say in the terms of that contract.

If the Bills decide to cut/trade, etc FJ at ANY time - there is nothing M&T they can legally do as well as say, that would put the Bills in any position of doing something "wrong" or "untoward" or "negative" in M&T's eyes. If M&T should feel that way towards the Bills irregardless of the obvious truths of marketing and the flow and flux of the NFL, then it is on M&T to "grow up", so to say (or in other words their marketing department needs some real experience)....

Actually it's not ironic, and your response confirmed that the station had a protocol in place between sales and programming and sounds like you weren't thrilled when the sales clod went against programming policy. But I am sure you sat quietly when the sales department went against policy.

Actually I did. I would simply say "no." As for protocol, sales was not to impinge on programming. Just like sales in the Bills case is not to impinge on personnel decisions. Beyond that I don't get your point. That sales people would be unhappy? Okay, they're unhappy. What did you want Doug Whaley to do about it?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Again I just found this:

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/03/could_rex_ryan_and_the_buffalo_bills_really_cut_fred_jackson.html

Rex was looking to replace him in March. Whaley is taking the heat for this and he probably did want Fred to retire as a Bill and told him so. Unfortunately, the coach and owner changed. The Pegula's are no where to be found much like the PL ordeal. They had buy on this too and it is all to cover Rex's facade as the "Player's Coach/ Good Guy".

I am sure Fred is upset and is holding Whaley responsible, but I think that is the plan and he is shielding Rex.

Do you mean Whaley?

I'm certain on some level, all of these guys are "ego" guys. But if he's whom you're referring to, yes, he seems like less of one.

I have little to base this on but I trust Graham less than Whaley, even if I somewhat believe Fred.

Here's what I'm going to bet Fred is referring to:

I would make a healthy wager that when Fred signed his contract last year, that Whaley asserted that he wanted Fred to retire as a Bill.

After all this went down, Fred recognized that as a pleasantry and not a vow.

Whaley cut Fred knowing that it was not going to be a popular or easy decision, and it was one that was made with a lot of back-and-forth on Rex's part and on his own.

That's just my best guess. No basis in reporting or sources.

Totally agree.

Fred is a proud guy. And Rex is going to tell him we love you because that is the way Rex is. That's why players love him. Fred has been screwed by the Bills at least 3-4 times so he is going to have a perception of the guys upstairs versus the coaches. I'm sure that Fred feels slighted and that his anger is toward Whaley because that is the guy that cut him. But it's probably misplaced. It's probably that Rex and Whaley together decided that this is the best move short, mid and long term for the team. But Rex is always going to be Rex so he is not going to tell Fred "hey I agreed with Doug, you need to go."

Fred is just pissed to no end because he wants to be a Bill forever and he wants to go to the playoffs as a Bill and he thinks this is the best team he has ever been on. When that was taken away from him, he naturally blames it on the GM who is in charge of the 53. Chances are, however, that Whaley and Rex and Roman didn't know how good Karlos Williams was going to look. He was a 5th round pick. And their idea of the roster changed.

Good gawd, this has to be the worst example example ever....

Let me try to help:

1) Deal (contract) between FJ and M&T is just that - it is a deal between those two parties, the Bills organization has practically no say in the terms of the contract.

2) Deal (contract) between the Bills and M&T - FJ has no say in the terms of this contract

3) Deal (contract) between the Bills and FJ - is a deal between just those two parties, M&T has NO say in the terms of that contract.

If the Bills decide to cut/trade, etc FJ at ANY time - there is nothing M&T they can legally do as well as say, that would put the Bills in any position of doing something "wrong" or "untoward" or "negative" in M&T's eyes. If M&T should feel that way towards the Bills irregardless of the obvious truths of marketing and the flow and flux of the NFL, then it is on M&T to "grow up", so to say (or in other words their marketing department needs some real experience)....

Fred's Agent owns one of the Bills larger sponsors (Adpro - owner of field house naming rights) by their logic the Bills would have to approve their roster move with him too...these clauses would defy logic

Okay, they're unhappy. What did you want Doug Whaley to do about it?

Again if Graham's assertion is true, many in the organization of who usually are in the loop were caught off guard. That usually results in a lot of uncomfortable situations which take a while to get right. The sponsorship deal is just one of several unexpected concerns that Brandon now has to deal with on the eve of the season. And that gets back to my original point, if you make your boss's job harder, it will bite you in the end.

Do you deny that the sponsor will be looking to have a sit down with Brandon and the Bills marketing department? Do you think it will be a pleasant meeting? Did Brandon's job just get a little bit tougher? If Brandon wasn't aware of the Freddie cut ahead of time, do you think he's happy with Whaley?

That's how things work in organizations.

Going rogue is a serious implication for that employee, and it rarely ends up well for that employee.

M&T can swing from the chandeliers as far as Doug Whaley is concerned. NOT...HIS...JOB!!! It's M&T's problem they hitched their wagon to a 34 year old RB. Get a grip on reality, GG.

Again if Graham's assertion is true, many in the organization of who usually are in the loop were caught off guard. That usually results in a lot of uncomfortable situations which take a while to get right. The sponsorship deal is just one of several unexpected concerns that Brandon now has to deal with on the eve of the season. And that gets back to my original point, if you make your boss's job harder, it will bite you in the end.

As usual I think you are 100% dead wrong. You forget Whaley answers directly to the Pegulas. But feel free to indulge your favorite fantasy.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

M&T can swing from the chandeliers as far as Doug Whaley is concerned. NOT...HIS...JOB!!! It's M&T's problem they hitched their wagon to a 34 year old RB. Get a grip on reality, GG.

As usual I think you are 100% dead wrong. But feel free to indulge your favorite fantasy.

Imagine Fred completely stunk up the preseason, looked like a completely over the hill running, and left no question as to remaining NFL effectiveness. Would everyone be making this baseless "marketing" argument.

I know this may sound odd.....but I don't think McCoy and Fred could coexist. Not necessarily personality wise. But you have the old dog who's captain and the brash new young (still) buck used to being THE man in Phily. How we feel about Fred...that's how Eagles fans were with McCoy. Not sure how that dynamic would work here.

This is Shady's show now.

I'm completely on DW's side here.

Imagine Fred completely stunk up the preseason, looked like a completely over the hill running, and left no question as to remaining NFL effectiveness. Would everyone be making this baseless "marketing" argument.

GG would apparently. And judging by this thread countless others.

Edited by PromoTheRobot