Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

But the fact is Fred Jackson is more injury prone than Marquise Goodwin.

How are determining that Fred is more injury prone than Goodwin? Can you explain a little further?

Funny they never said McCoy and Fred were a top 1-2 punch.

Perhaps they think the Beast is better than McCoy?

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, who ever would have guessed?

Answer: Anyone who can put 2+2 together. Whaley's forum plants will keep screaming in his defense, and bashing Freddy, but those of you who are like me, and think objectively without an agenda, must have realized what I've been saying this whole time has been true. Don't be afraid to say it yourself. The blowback from Team Whaley should not discourage you from speaking your mind...especially when it is so patently obvious.

This team was not built exclusively by Whaley. Tyrod certainly was not a Whaley choice. Many of his personnel decisions, especially his biggest ones, have been made rogue and subsequently backfired. He overstepped badly with letting Freddy go from not only a team and talent perspective, but a PR persepctive. He'll deservedly take a huge hit for this from the media and fans.

For Whaley's sake, the Bills better have a banner season this year, without any controversies or bickering between him and Rex, or you can bank on the Pegulas shopping for a new GM next summer.

When you type that......are you able to keep yourself from laughing?

IMO.....Freddie is hurt....he was the face of this franchise just as much as any other player in recent years......beloved by fans.......regardless of this talk I still think he is a high character guy who reconile this and move on......

I was upset when I found out he was released

I slept on it

The next morning I was still upset at the release.....but then I was reminded that EVEN WHEN WE PLATOONED FRED LAST YEAR....he still got hurt......I remembered a report that someone met Fred towards the end of the year and shook his hand and he looked like he was in so much pain.

People are looking at this as a choice between Bryce Brown and Freddie Jackson......its not....it is a choice between banking on whether Fred can stay healthy (and he is already hurt) and going with a young powerful fresh RB who showed well in training camp WHO ALSO PLAYS SPECIAL TEAMS

We dont even know if Bryce Brown makes the team.

I dont want to remember Fred like this.....Come on Fred

-

How are determining that Fred is more injury prone than Goodwin? Can you explain a little further?

Perhaps they think the Beast is better than McCoy?

Most of last year Goodwin was not hurt. He was ready to go but Marrone didn't play him. Fred has had serious injuries that affected him more than half of the season in each of the last three years. And then again this preseason.

When you type that......are you able to keep yourself from laughing?

IMO.....Freddie is hurt....he was the face of this franchise just as much as any other player in recent years......beloved by fans.......regardless of this talk I still think he is a high character guy who reconile this and move on......

I was upset when I found out he was released

I slept on it

The next morning I was still upset at the release.....but then I was reminded that EVEN WHEN WE PLATOONED FRED LAST YEAR....he still got hurt......I remembered a report that someone met Fred towards the end of the year and shook his hand and he looked like he was in so much pain.

People are looking at this as a choice between Bryce Brown and Freddie Jackson......its not....it is a choice between banking on whether Fred can stay healthy (and he is already hurt) and going with a young powerful fresh RB who showed well in training camp WHO ALSO PLAYS SPECIAL TEAMS

We dont even know if Bryce Brown makes the team.

I dont want to remember Fred like this.....Come on Fred

-

^^This too^^

So much drama, it's the way of the world: Hurt feelings. Everybody has a sob story to tell. Like you said: "I don't want to remember Fred like this......Come on Fred."

Not that I am uncompassionate, but what does Fred think will happen w/a 53 man roster?

:-(

if whaley did, in fact, go rogue, there could only be the pegulas that he went rogue against and if that is the case then this move certainly puts his job on the line, else, puts him on a thin wire. i highly doubt that he would feel so strongly about this move that he risks either scenario. sorry...but what an idiotic thing to report

also, if the FJ quotes are legit it is more disappointing to me that he said them than the truth behind them. fred personally owes more to this franchise then they owed him (yeah, if u think about it, its true. they enabled oppotunitIES that he would never have gotton in practically any other walk of life) so he should keep any negative feelings to himself. im sure in the future he will regret saying them, even if hes right.

that being said, i thank FJ for everything he did for this team, especially given the circumstances of the past decade, and community. good luck to him

Edited by tsetsefly

Fred is a proud player and can still play football. So he is pissed and feels slighted. But I want my GM to be cold as ice and to make the best football decisions.

McCoy is the starter and they are paying him to play 1st, 2nd and 3rd down.

Right now we have a 5th round pick that can be a better compliment to McCoy and who can play special teams in Karlos Williams.

Boobie Dixon can also play special teams, running back, short yardage. He even has played fullback for Greg Roman before.

And now to the message board whipping boy in Bryce Brown. Brown will make the team but not dress. He has young, fresh legs and is the man if McCoy goes down for any length of time. He will also not dress when McCoy is healthy.

The only player that could be argued over is Brown but Brown will sit on game day. Fred would not do that. So they cut him and are using fresher, cheaper legs.

Edited by jeffismagic

I googled him to check. Alouettes.

Good GM's don't stash 2 developmental RB's on their 53. I'd love to see some evidence to the contrary.

Developmental? Are you talking Karlos and Bryce? Do you get the sense that Karlos is developmental? I get the sense that he is a rookie with an immense possibility of making big contributions to this team if/when he's healthy. And Bryce is a4th year pro that has had a bad case of fumblitis. I don't think that he is a developmental player though, just one that needs to hold on to the damn ball. Edited by VanCity

Imagine Fred completely stunk up the preseason, looked like a completely over the hill running, and left no question as to remaining NFL effectiveness. Would everyone be making this baseless "marketing" argument.

If that had happened, there'd be no argument at all. But it didn't, Fred was awesome as usual.

Gee, who ever would have guessed?

Answer: Anyone who can put 2+2 together. Whaley's forum plants will keep screaming in his defense, and bashing Freddy, but those of you who are like me, and think objectively without an agenda, must have realized what I've been saying this whole time has been true. Don't be afraid to say it yourself. The blowback from Team Whaley should not discourage you from speaking your mind...especially when it is so patently obvious.

This team was not built exclusively by Whaley. Tyrod certainly was not a Whaley choice. Many of his personnel decisions, especially his biggest ones, have been made rogue and subsequently backfired. He overstepped badly with letting Freddy go from not only a team and talent perspective, but a PR persepctive. He'll deservedly take a huge hit for this from the media and fans.

For Whaley's sake, the Bills better have a banner season this year, without any controversies or bickering between him and Rex, or you can bank on the Pegulas shopping for a new GM next summer.

I understand that you're having big feelings right now and that must be really hard.

That's what I say to my kids when they are having temper tantrums. Hope it helps.

Just to clear things up, Fred fumbles more than Bryce Brown. I know, hard to believe, right?

How do you figure that?

Fred: 15 fumbles in 1,279 attempts = 1 fumble every 85 rushing attempts

Bryce: 5 fumbles in 266 attempts = 1 fumble every 53 rushing attempts

Sometimes I think that members of the media don't actually use inflamatory and incorrect language on purpose....instead they are simply too ignorant and stupid to know the difference.

"Never point to maliciousness when ignorance is a better solution unless you have evidence pointing to the former" was taught to me by my debate team teacher.

My evidence:

• All of the writers in Buffalo News have shown in past to have a large vocabulary and knowing the denotation and connotation of words.
  • The Buffalo News and Rochester D&C have shown multiple times that the copy editors do not do any work other than fitting them into releases whether electronic (website) or paper (newspapers). They have left many, many mistakes in grammar, spelling, etc which would have gotten you fired in the old Courier Express days when I worked for them. I used to get fined for wrong printing type, spelling errors, etc.
  • They all mix commentary with reporting liberally without distinguishing between the two; a reporter's job is present facts not do speculation in respectable publications and opinions and conclusions should be presented as such.
  • The papers have recycled articles in past using copy/paste (same typos in same sentence structure repeated but typos not in other paragraphs)
  • The media tries to get clicks and sensational news gets more clicks than non-sensational news so the marketing model encourages sensationalism over facts.
  • The media has never been shown to be willing to apologize for mistakes without burying in back pages.
  • None of them would ever get a job in NFL even as a consultant
  • The media has shown that they are willing to use alleged "sources" which have been proven to be wrong and treated these "sources" as fact when they agreed with their own opinions.

There is enough evidence to state this is likely sensationalized reporting with Fred speaking out to media without thinking about how many times he and his fellow players were poorly portrayed by media. He should have called for a press conference, which he could have easily done, and put out his statement such that any interpretation would be seen for what they are. He could have stated what promises and lies were made to him without this twitter and multiple media rehash misquotes. I believe (my opinion) that Fred was a mistake for with all of attempt at rebuilding having the "old man" in locker room and on sideline is more important than the #53 player on roster. This fits in better with what the Bills have been trying to sell with "One Buffalo" and "we want players to retire with Buffalo" and "we want to fold in ex-players back into Buffalo".

Until Fred's statement I assumed that they had discussion with him offering to release him early rather then final countdown day; there is still a possibility that one of the RBs they plan on keeping will have a setback so it is something teams are usually willing to do for long term players like Fred. I have not seen Fred in past try to use hyperbole to make himself seem more important or try to take credit where it was not due him. He unlike Emmett Smith did not exaggerate injures and then talk about his miracle returns to feed his ego. I will generally take Fred at his word but will NOT treat twitter posts in same manner; twitter has been shown to be an abbreviated, off-the-cuff remarks which players often retract because what came out is not what they meant.

A truly damning report for Whaley. From the beginning it couldn't have been more obvious if Whaley screamed with a bullhorn that Freddy was cut as a face-saving move to justify his foolish

trade for Bryce Brown.

EJ getting beat out by Tyrod likely pushed him over the edge to make this rogue, reckless move.

One conclusion that now can be made without dispute: cutting Freddy had nothing to do with anything on the field, or what was in the best interests of the team. It was done by Whaley, for Whaley, in the interests of nobody but Whaley. He owns this abomination, and will pay dearly in the court of public opinion.

oh boy, it's getting better with each post...

I'm surprised that Fred has felt this way all along:

“Doug Whaley was behind it, to my knowledge,” Jackson said. “He wasn’t honest with me the entire time that I’ve known him. I have the utmost respect for the organization. There’s only one person in that organization that I haven’t gotten honesty from, and that was him.

http://buckyandsully.buffalonews.com/2015/09/02/jackson-blindsided-but-hell-be-fine/

Thank god someone gets it!

Fred speaking like this is taking him down a notch.

He's hurt, we get it. His emotional connection is strong. In time just like Farve did, he will come around.

Well... Doug Whaley was behind it. It's Doug's job to do make cold decisions and sometimes that means being the bad guy. Players and coaches should be emotional but GMs should not.

Yeah it's not always the glorious job folks make it out to be. This time of year GMs have to end kids dreams, send some guys with no real other marketable skills back to poverty, tell iconic stars they are only worth a certain percentage of the cap and all the while still field a team.

Whaley is the hatchet man. It sucks a lot and I am sure the last contract was inked with Fred retiring a bill in mind. Perhaps that's the dishonesty.

People need to understand this for what it is and let go.

We've had two decades of high motor super likable guys overachieving simply by stepping out on a pro field. Enough! Time to start winning.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Let's say you own a radio station and your program director sits in a staff meeting with the sales department and finds out you just landed a big advertiser who he doesn't like. So the next day, right before the campaign starts, he tells the Djs to trash the advertiser on the air.

Now, he's a very good program director and he doesn't care about what the sales department does.

But, don't tell me that days won't be wasted by you trying to make amends and making sure that if he decides to pull crap like that in the future, you would like a little heads up.

That is just a god-awful analogy.