Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

Regardless of whether or not you think this was a good cut, Whaley is looking bad right now with how he handled this. Luckily for him, he helped build the best roster in the league (QB excluded) so he gets a pass.

Other than for what happened to her husband, Mrs. Lincoln enjoyed what was the greatest night out ever experienced by a First Lady...

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious answer. Yes.

And I truly believe that getting rid of the oldest RB in the league, two years running, was a wise move, because said RB was not making a difference and would naturally make even less of a difference this season.

If pumping up the crowd scored points, the 2015 version of Fred Jackson would be named MVP before the season even started. It's just not the case.

It was a good football decision and it was a good business decision. When Whaley extends the contracts of guys who actually help the team score points and win games, people will see that.

Nope Contrary to the dribble you just wrote. You do not watch the games. or maybe just do not understand what some players actually do contribute, epic fail dude.

maybe time to drop the silly narrative. And look at just who has contributed in the past few seasons of **** bills football. And who hasn't. the list is very, very short.

You're clueless but a old timers TBD club favorite.So I guess that carry's weight here.

Regardless of whether or not you think this was a good cut, Whaley is looking bad right now with how he handled this. Luckily for him, he helped build the best roster in the league (QB excluded) so he gets a pass.

i only think it looks "bad" on the Twitter machine and PR engine because people adore Fred. But the only way he will end up truthfully looking bad at his job is if the team doesn't make the playoffs and/or he can't sign Dareus and a few other good, young upcoming FAs he wants to keep. Keeping Fred and his salary would have been the easy thing to do. He's paid to do more than that.

sure, we don't know the whole story. I do see it as plausible that Rex told Whaley to do whatever he could to keep him, and Whaley sent the Turk anyway. I don't see an issue with it, and I doubt Rex does either. Someone needs to make the call.

If this was purely about football ability I would agree. But please convince me that Fred Jackson wasn't a top three RB on this team.

To be fair, do you think this board would ever take it well? Fred could be 53 and not suited up in a decade but if the bills let him go it'd be ugly. Go back to the march thread and plenty said they thought first cuts was where to make the move, and have now switched the script to it being classless to do it this late and with camp trash.

It's a tough move to make any time it happens.

i only think it looks "bad" on the Twitter machine and PR engine because people adore Fred. But the only way he will end up truthfully looking bad at his job is if the team doesn't make the playoffs and/or he can't sign Dareus and a few other good, young upcoming FAs he wants to keep. Keeping Fred and his salary would have been the easy thing to do. He's paid to do more than that.

He can't worry about fans hating the decision because he knows he is evaluated on winning now and in the future and that includes playing younger talented guys who don't take up cap space and using that money to sign young all-pros. Moving on from aging, expensive vets is a crappy part of if his job but it still is his job and it happens on virtually every team. Typically they are leaders and mentors and still productive and have a year or two left in the tank but they are still replaceable in order to sign the core players.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Why because Freddy says Whaley was dishonest? For all we know Rex may have been the one who wanted to get rid of him, maybe Whaley tried to keep him, but agreed the numbers didn't add up so cut him, and now he's just taking the heat and not blaming others for it, unlike Freddy.

Read in one of the columns today some names mentions, Green Bay cutting Farve, Indy cutting Peyton, and Emmitt Smith leaving Dallas, Could easily add Thurman leaving the Bills too. If those guys could be let go, players who everyone in the league knew what team they played for, half the fans in the league probably haven't even heard of Fred Jackson, then Fred getting cut, isn't even a story, which probably explains why it wasn't much more than a whimper on Sportcenter about it.

Is this even true?

I don't think he looks bad at his job. I think he has egg on his face for how this looks. Different things. Our roster is sick, he's doing good.

How much money can we now roll over with Fred gone? Serious question. Because I've seen this espoused, and I have no idea if we've saved much of anything.

Realistically though, how many ST sales do they lose if they cut Fred in March instead of August? Maybe a couple hundred?

the Pegulas stepped in and stopped it in March for a reason. what was that reason if not for ST sales and to appease their biggest sponsors like M&T who Fred is the face of? Fred was kept on the team for business reasons and Whaley led him on to make him believe he had a shot at being on the team. Whaley wanted Brown for football reasons, Pegulas wanted Fred for business reasons, Rex just wants the best guy but he didn't have a say in it. in the end, Whaley has the final decision over the roster, Rex has the power over who on that roster plays, and Pegula is out of town watching his daughter play tennis