Fred Says Whaley Dishonest With Him

What did he want to hear, exactly? Fred seems like a smart guy. I'm sure he can figure this out without Whaley telling him there's no room for an 34-year-old RB/locker room cheerleader when other, more important, players need to be extended. Common man.

Thank god someone gets it!

Fred speaking like this is taking him down a notch.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

@ByTimGraham: Bills organization will remain unified when speaking publicly, but two sources tell me Doug Whaley went rogue in cutting Fred Jackson.

"Went rogue?" I have a hard time believing Whaley cut Jackson without Rex Ryan's input at the very least.

Whaley extended Fred once personally and I believe was high ranking during a previous extension.

Yet is described as going rogue, deceitful and an egomaniac that did this to justify another a move he made in the last day.... Interesting, really.

I hate to say it but if Fred's going to open that door he needs to either address the issue specifically, or preferably just keep his feelings to himself.

Tyler Dunne

Jackson has a 3-year plan himself. Dead-set on being the oldest RB to every carry the ball in a NFL game.

@Fred22Jackson on Bills fans signing petition: “It’s stuff like that that continues to baffle me. It separates Bills’ fans from other fans."

Full column on @Fred22Jackson coming later at http://buffalonews.com .

I guess I am not understanding the "went rogue" part... Rex has input, but Whaley makes final call on the 53. pegula said ok. I don't see the issue.

Some head coaches have control over the 53, Rex is not one of them.

I have heard completely different.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/180373-whaley-stocks-the-shelves-coach-selects-the-goods/

More @Fred22Jackson on Bills fans: "They live and die by their football. If you give everything you have to them, they return the favor."

More @Fred22Jackson on Bills: "They gave me a shot. I’ll always be happy about that, but ... they closed the door on me playing there, too."

Spoke to @Fred22Jackson about release from #Bills. "It was a tough pill to swallow, especially because I felt like I can still contribute."

It`s over, Goodnight boys.

More @Fred22Jackson on Bills fans: "They live and die by their football. If you give everything you have to them, they return the favor."

More @Fred22Jackson on Bills: "They gave me a shot. I’ll always be happy about that, but ... they closed the door on me playing there, too."

Spoke to @Fred22Jackson about release from #Bills. "It was a tough pill to swallow, especially because I felt like I can still contribute."

The problem with Twitter is you get these pitiful little morsels of information lacking ANY sort of context. Bucky needs to stop serializing his article in tweets, and just write the damned article already.

"Went rogue?" I have a hard time believing Whaley cut Jackson without Rex Ryan's input at the very least.

I could see something like "I like the guy but know you have to build a team and will give you the call."

I don't buy any type of image of Rex banging on the table for his guy and Doug not caring.

Whaley extended Fred once personally and I believe was high ranking during a previous extension.

Yet is described as going rogue, deceitful and an egomaniac that did this to justify another a move he made in the last day.... Interesting, really.

I hate to say it but if Fred's going to open that door he needs to either address the issue specifically, or preferably just keep his feelings to himself.

This door was opened when Fred was cut. Whaley had to realize there are both members in the organization and in the media who would take anti-Whaley stances here cutting a fan favorite.

I guess I am not understanding the "went rogue" part... Rex has input, but Whaley makes final call on the 53. pegula said ok. I don't see the issue.

Some head coaches have control over the 53, Rex is not one of them.

If that were the case, Timmah wouldn't be calling it a rogue move. Something must have happened that didn't cross the i's and dot the t's in the process.

Especially when you see the off-season moves this year, is hard to believe that Rex doesn't have heavy input into personnel moves.

went rogue? It's his job. He has control over the 53.

Yeah, that's a really dumb thing to say about a GM. IMO, it just comes down to Graham's being a guy who loves to yell 'fire' in a crowded theater. He'd fit right in at TMZ.

As for the Buckster, I don't believe a word he says/types and gave up paying attention to him long ago....

I'm not going to do a huge "I told you so", but I told you all so. Whaley is an arrogant infant who deserves every morsel of the hate he surely will receive for this.

He's also the guy who was instrumental in building the best defense in the NFL and bringing McCoy to Buffalo by trading damaged goods. But yeah. Infantile.

This door was opened when Fred was cut. Whaley had to realize there are both members in the organization and in the media who would take anti-Whaley stances here cutting a fan favorite.

Fred could easily say "it was a great decade, I'm ready for my next opportunity" instead of cryptically calling out the GM.

It's not the first time I've typed "Fred probably should've kept that to himself, but his leash is so long that he won't get called on it"

But yea, are you arguing that because Whaley made the move that media should skew reports with things like "he went rogue"?

Fred could easily say "it was a great decade, I'm ready for my next opportunity" instead of cryptically calling out the GM.

It's not the first time I've typed "Fred probably should've kept that to himself, but his leash is so long that he won't get called on it"

But yea, are you arguing that because Whaley made the move that media should skew reports with things like "he went rogue"?

I'm not arguing should. I'm arguing nature. This was gonna happen. Cutting a fan favorite, the most beloved Bill in a decade, was going to be met with a negative response. No matter what Fred says.

And let's slow down on the "skew." Is it not possible Whaley is a good GM and still went around somebody in the process?

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne 2m2 minutes ago

Tyler Dunne retweeted Bret Borock

Heard a version of what @ByTimGraham just tweeted. Whaley hasn't been a Jackson guy for a while.

Edited by FireChan