EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

Can you explain what you mean when you say there are "ridiculous assumptions being thrown around" and give some examples perhaps?

Yes. you are probably right about that. I am not looking forward to that. I can already hear the idiots who sit around me at the stadium yelling to put other quarterbacks in. And they will be doing that regardless of which QB starts.

I can only guess at this point but there are ridiculous assumptions both good and bad about all 3 QBs. Both here and in the media. It's not really hard to find the posts that are at the far end of the spectrum for any of the QBs.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only guess at this point but there are ridiculous assumptions both good and bad about all 3 QBs. Both here and in the media. It's not really hard to find the posts that are at the far end of the spectrum for any of the QBs.

Thanks Wiz. The question was specifically directed at "the dog" because I was curious if he was suggesting I was making those ridiculous assumptions. Just wondering what he was talking about.

Thanks Wiz. The question was specifically directed at "the dog" because I was curious if he was suggesting I was making those ridiculous assumptions. Just wondering what he was talking about.

You have your moments :flirt: but they are usually just opinion rather that assumptions about what the team, coaches, etc will do. Opinions are fine. If you got on a soap box and proclaimed that a person will never amount to anything and have no reasoning/fact behind it and refused to hear otherwise, would be another.

Edited by The Wiz

• 3 months later...

The season is over.

Tyrod failed to get the team to the promised land. If you are going to shop people then now is the time to showcase any value they may have. What harm can it do? They lose, they get a better draft pick. They win EJ's value rises.

if they have any interest in TT being the starter next year, it's far more important to continue to give him game experience. The league knows who EJ is. I don't think two meaningless games will impact any trade value he may have.

if they have any interest in TT being the starter next year, it's far more important to continue to give him game experience. The league knows who EJ is. I don't think two meaningless games will impact any trade value he may have.

The stories here and in the media are that the Bills would like to go forward with TT. What management does in Feb on out is a whole new story.

Meaningless games they are. I'm looking for entertainment and excitement and I just don't see that when TT is on the field.

Who'd the 3rd string QB? Let him roll out some plays. Something, anything is better than what I have been shown. It's depressing.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

The season is over.

Tyrod failed to get the team to the promised land. If you are going to shop people then now is the time to showcase any value they may have. What harm can it do? They lose, they get a better draft pick. They win EJ's value rises.

Because benching your best QB - and the only one on the roster who will likely be here next season - sends a clear message that the team doesn't believe in him. Regardless of what the team thinks of him they can't send that message to the team. They've got to support him, not undermine him. The team will bring in one or two players to compete with him in the offseason and it's healthier for the team if that is viewed as "competition" rather than "replacement".

Besides, what team is stupid enough to give up anything of value for EJ manual on a one year $1.4M guaranteed contract?

Edited by BarleyNY

Because benching your best QB - and the only one on the roster who will likely be here next season - sends a clear message that the team doesn't believe in him. Regardless of what the team thinks of him they can't send that message to the team. They've got to support him, not undermine him. The team will bring in one or two players to compete with him in the offseason and it's healthier for the team if that is viewed as "competition" rather than "replacement".

So he's delicate, then.

So he's delicate, then.

Doesn't have anything to do with Taylor, just how coaches should handle players. How about this? Benching a player merely "to showcase" another player who is a known low-value commodity is flat out stupid. When it's the QB position involved, it's incredibly stupid. Any time winning isn't the goal it sends the wrong message to the whole team. And that's stupid.

Besides, what team is stupid enough to give up anything of value for EJ manual on a one year $1.4M guaranteed contract?

A bit snippy you are.

What has your best QB achieved? What I ask? Wonderful stats to gush about, another year not in the playoffs and another year not knowing when the next future QB will be around.

What team is stupid enough? I can think of a few who might. Dallas, Cleveland, SD, Chicago, NO, Houston, 49ers or Rams.

Purely as a backup you could add Baltimore, the Eagles, and many others.

So he's delicate, then.

Might be some tough love would spark a fire under his butt.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

What has your best QB achieved? what I ask? Wonderful stats to gush about.

What team? I can think of a few who might. Dallas, Cleveland, SD, Chicago, NO, Houston, 49ers or Rams.

Purely as a backup you could add Baltimore, the Eagles, and many more.

"Best" doesn't mean that I think Taylor's the answer, but it's probable that he's going to be the starting QB to begin 2016. That's reality. Do you want him and the team supporting him or undermining him? Personally, I want him at his best. And let's say a new addition takes the job away from him. The feeling in the locker room can either be that the new guy earned it and took the job (hey, we're getting better!) or that the team was just looking to replace Taylor (same old, same old). Players will have the same thoughts when one of them gets benched - legit competition or some other agenda? It's bad business in general, and ridiculously stupid in the case of Manuel.

How can EJ be evaluated fairly when he is always playing with the second and third team offense ? He should be given a fair chance to win the job.

Sure, he can play in a first team offense, but not this one. He truly sucks, and proved that over many games and shown zero improvement. He should maybe try the CFL.

Agreed. EJ will be lucky to be a third stringer somewhere. Anyone who might want him, who knows why, will wait for him to be cut.

"Best" doesn't mean that I think Taylor's the answer, but it's probable that he's going to be the starting QB to begin 2016. That's reality. Do you want him and the team supporting him or undermining him? Personally, I want him at his best. And let's say a new addition takes the job away from him. The feeling in the locker room can either be that the new guy earned it and took the job (hey, we're getting better!) or that the team was just looking to replace Taylor (same old, same old). Players will have the same thoughts when one of them gets benched - legit competition or some other agenda? It's bad business in general, and ridiculously stupid in the case of Manuel.

Which begs the question. He will most likely be the starter in 21016 so what will really be gained in the last two meaningless games?

Something I have found funny lurking for years here - As noted by so many posters - the previous guy 16 games = bust, Tyrod 14 games = ?

Edited by NOVABillsFan

You know what, both EJ and Taylor looked bad when they had to throw the ball 30+ times a game. Conversely, both looked good when they didn't need to throw more than 30 times a game and the run game was working to the tune of 30 rushes a game.

It looks to me like Greg Roman has the formula on how to develop an inexperienced QB by pounding the rock while letting him find the receiver in single coverage. How long it takes is another question.

Which begs the question. He will most likely be the starter in 21016 so what will really be gained in the last two meaningless games?

Something I have found funny lurking for years here - As noted by so many posters - the previous guy 16 games = bust, Tyrod 14 games = ?

Experience? Plus the not undermining him thing. What's to be gained by sitting him? Unless he's injured, nothing. Edited by BarleyNY

A bit snippy you are.

What has your best QB achieved? What I ask? Wonderful stats to gush about, another year not in the playoffs and another year not knowing when the next future QB will be around.

What team is stupid enough? I can think of a few who might. Dallas, Cleveland, SD, Chicago, NO, Houston, 49ers or Rams.

Purely as a backup you could add Baltimore, the Eagles, and many others.

Stupid idea. I have seen enough of EJ Manuel to know that he is not an NFL caliber QB. I have also seen enough of TT to know that he is. If you fail to recognize the obvious differences between the two, then it is pointless to debate. We have our QB. It is the defense that has failed this team. The O is putting up almost 25 points a game. The defense cannot stop anybody. That is not a QB problem.

Why not? This team has been phoning it in. Why not start him the next two games? Worst case scenerio, we confirm we must purge EJ and we improve draft position. Best case- EJ plays great and we have a backup the next few years- or improve/create his trade value