Preseason Game 2: 8/20 - Bills @ Browns at 8 PM ET on ESPN

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two passes to deonte for 3rd down conversions were starting caliber, and just what people were clamoring for. On the second one the pocket was collapsing and he stepped up to throw. Add in the other throws, some again for conversions, and even the running plays and I think he's shown enough.

Would love to see him after a lot of reps with the starters. He has some authority out there as it is.

Edited by NickelCity

Agree on the long passes on the 3rd down, but I think they'll fix that. As for rushing they have 46 yards on 13 carriers. Take away the stiff arm its 3 yards/carry. I don't think that's too bad.

Rex has consistently good run D over the years. I'm not really worried about it at this point.

The ball to the endzone for Thompson was underthrown, it being nearly caught was only a result of the DB failing to turn around and trying to defend blind. If it's thrown to the back of the endzone it's 6 points. Taylor's throw to the endzone for Thompson last week though was a good ball in a tight window.

I think Tyrod has shown enough efficiency to be named the starter and get the reps going forward. If he's comparable to Cassel and EJ as a passer, tie should go to Taylor for the added mobility element he gives Roman. That stuff opens things up for everyone else and helps the team win, especially with a coach who uses it so well.

This offense has a chance to be dangerous!

It's a shame we didn't get the chance to see TT with a true number one offense. I would have liked to see if they would have been able to get it in the endzone. As we all know our defense is set, but you got to score touchdowns to win. Withour putting 7s on the board you allow the other team to hang in there. Leaving the potential for a lot of painful defeats, with soild defensive play simply going to waste.

Yeah the 2 wasted opportunities worry me a little too. But being in the red zone twice in 3 tries (not counting the final drive) isn't too bad.

The two passes to deonte for 3rd down conversions were starting caliber, and just what people were clamoring for. On the second one the pocket was collapsing and he stepped up to throw. Add in the other throws and even the running plays and I think he's shown enough.

Yep. The sack was a bad play. He could have made a little better pass in the endzone. But he didn't make a bad pass. He looked very much in control. He made a lot of third downs which is huge for a top defense team. I can imagine him starting.

he has been back in the game for a whole quarter

True, but how many times have injuries affected his season? How many times has he been slow getting up? Still points to durability. When he stays healthy for a season, that's when I would think you can consider him durable.

And the Bills brought back the same starting five on the O-line 🙈👎👎

Gruden: one of my favorite guys out there, Nickel Robey. How do ya like that? A nickel back named nickel.

Yeah, would be great gruden except that's not his name.

I think Taylor is the starter. He had a very good command of the offense, made good decisions, good throws, converted third downs, had some excellent scrambles, and a nice read option run. 1) Tyrod 2) MC Noodle 3) EJ 4) Phil Simms (ps)

As is TOP. The threat of his legs will help extend drives. Here's the thing.... Cassel doesn't do anything Taylor can't and Taylor offers a lot more.

Yeah, that's what I meant, TOP which means defense gives up less points and we don't need to score as much to win. That's a great combo and something Rex loves.

While we supposedly have great depth on the offensive side of the ball, our depth on the defensive side... :-|

We are missing Bryant and Carrington and Red Bryant just got here. With those guys and IK I think we will be fine. Edited by Kelly the Dog

Agree. Not sure with this front 4 we need to be blitzing so much on 3rd and longs. Looks worryingly like the Pettine D so far... too many yards on the ground and too many 3rd and longs converted.

rex's D is always consistent strong against the run. Like top 10 every year. Pettine's 2 Ds so far have not been.