Ok, I give up -- EJ will be 3rd string or cut

eball

It's down to what Tyrod does this week in practice and in the game on Thursday IMO. If he shines, the job is his. If he struggles, it's still up for grabs.

IMO, Cassel is the starter and the only battle was for backup between TT and EJ and it appears TT is ahead.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there's always going to be the faction that would rather be right than see the team win.

Nothing you can do about that.

The funny thing is that coming into the season most fans saw EJ as a guy that still had a chance, but it didn't look likely. Somehow, that gets missed by the select few fools out there that believe they're prescient for saying that a first round QB won't make it (wow, really going against the grain there! Not like 75% of them bomb out of the league).

Actually, nothing has really changed as far as EJ goes. He still has a chance in this league, but it doesn't look likely that he'll be a franchise guy.

The difference is they got hounded for saying that.

Also, let me know when thinking EJ sucks has any effect if he does or not.

The difference is they got hounded for saying that.

Also, let me know when thinking EJ sucks has any effect if he does or not.

No, in fact, the vast majority of fans didn't hound anyone for saying that. Like all subjects of interest, there exists a small percentage of extremists on each end of the spectrum.

And I have no idea why you'd even make the second statement; let alone make it in response to me.

No, in fact, the vast majority of fans didn't hound anyone for saying that. Like all subjects of interest, there exists a small percentage of extremists on each end of the spectrum.

And I have no idea why you'd even make the second statement; let alone make it in response to me.

Well, there's always going to be the faction that would rather be right than see the team win.

Unless thinking EJ sucks makes him suck, this is bogus.

Edited by FireChan

Nothing you can do about that.

The funny thing is that coming into the season most fans saw EJ as a guy that still had a chance, but it didn't look likely. Somehow, that gets missed by the select few fools out there that believe they're prescient for saying that a first round QB won't make it (wow, really going against the grain there! Not like 75% of them bomb out of the league).

Actually, nothing has really changed as far as EJ goes. He still has a chance in this league, but it doesn't look likely that he'll be a franchise guy.

Hey I'll be the first to admit- when I sent my friend in Buffalo a check last week covering 3 of the 8 Bills home games this year that I'm flying back for from Denver (Ind, NE and Dal), I wasn't thinking about going to root for the Bills to win. Rather, I was eagerly anticipating being able to tell everyone how I was right and being able to watch Manuel hold a clipboard whether the Bills win or lose. But now that I've come around, it makes it easy for me because I can just root for EJ and the Bills!

Rex already said EJ started the blue / white scrimmage. Cassel started the 1st pre season game. Now Taylor will start the 2nd pre season game.

Me personally I didn't care for Cassel, and his high percentage short "safe throws" with his Trent Edwards style of play. If he can move the chains, and get TD's doing that I'll change my mind.

I always see the bolded statement in here. I really don't have a side in this case, but as usual, it's not about being right, it's about certain others always being wrong. If they would just STFU during the off-season instead of slamming everyone who doesn't agree with them, these inevitable threads wouldn't be nearly as long as they are. I don't have to name the certain others, we all know who they are. Edited by Rico

Consider that draft class. Geno? Barkley? Nassib? It was the wrong year to take a QB.

This. They waited too long. It was an act of desperation. and to calm the masses.

did not work yet. Just riled them up all the worse.

Go EJ !

The two aren't even remotely related

Hey I'll be the first to admit- when I sent my friend in Buffalo a check last week covering 3 of the 8 Bills home games this year that I'm flying back for from Denver (Ind, NE and Dal), I wasn't thinking about going to root for the Bills to win. Rather, I was eagerly anticipating being able to tell everyone how I was right and being able to watch Manuel hold a clipboard whether the Bills win or lose. But now that I've come around, it makes it easy for me because I can just root for EJ and the Bills!

So I guess the literal anti-EJ crusade was out of boredom then?

I always see the bolded statement in here. I really don't have a side in this case, but as usual, it's not about being right, it's about certain others always being wrong. If they would just STFU during the off-season instead of slamming everyone who doesn't agree with them, these inevitable threads wouldn't be nearly as long as they are. I don't have to name the certain others, we all know who they are.

There are very few people that feel it necessary to bash anyone else's opinion.

That said, the "I know EJ sucks" crowd is just as guilty of being overextended in their opinion as the "I know EJ is great" crowd.

I refused to be a part of either group.

Tyrod can stamp his name as #1 on the depth chart this week.

He had a great game and had a hell of a practice according to the media, hopefully he can keep up and show his strong arm against the Browns (if he can burn Whitner, the better)

He had a great game and had a hell of a practice according to the media, hopefully he can keep up and show his strong arm against the Browns (if he can burn Whitner, the better)

Today has a low intensity practice from the defense:

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex: Can’t have drop off when pads are off http://wp.me/plmrg-byd

Tomorrow through Thursday is his time to lock it up.

I always see the bolded statement in here. I really don't have a side in this case, but as usual, it's not about being right, it's about certain others always being wrong. If they would just STFU during the off-season instead of slamming everyone who doesn't agree with them, these inevitable threads wouldn't be nearly as long as they are. I don't have to name the certain others, we all know who they are.

We all know who they are and the worst part is that these guys rarely have their own take.

It's like.......me saying "Trent Edwards checks down far too much"

and the OP is on automatic with "Oh so now you are smarter than Bill Walsh" :doh::lol:

Given the looming suspension of Brady in NE, and the way their Back up played, if EJ is released, he'll be a Patriot in 2 minutes . . . and how ironic it would be to see him starting in the Ralph in game two of the season :wallbash:

For the record, I like the kid, he is better than perceived here, and I do not believe he will be cut.

EJ being cut comes down to the 53 man roster. I honestly don't think they are going to have a hard time finding players to cut that they don't need. There's plenty of talent and depth in other areas that won't hit the cap like EJ would (though is still a possibility).

As for trading him, that's whaley's court and still think he's committed to EJ, for better or worse. It would have to be a player that will contribute or a mid round draft pick to get him to pull the trigger. JMO

Edited by The Wiz

Like those people who crap on every QB without the initials EJM?

As you said, there are some people at the far end of the spectrum that will not budge. Most people have been pleasantly surprised/pleased with what they have seen from TT and to a lesser point Cassel.

As you said, there are some people at the far end of the spectrum that will not budge. Most people have been pleasantly surprised/pleased with what they have seen from TT and to a lesser point Cassel.

I haven't really seen that. Maybe it's a silent majority.

I was pretty damned happy with all three 👍

They revel in one far more than the other

:)

I think to your point, we are pleased with the performance of all 3 last game. They all played at a level that we should be pleased with. If the Bills get that level of QB play they will be a really good team. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Right, because I've never conversed with you on this very board (or in the Shoutbox) after a Bills' win.

You've never acted this excited.

I think you missed the entire Orton era/Marrone defending. It was a sizable chunk of my posting history. I was wrong and the Bills had a winning season and it was great.

Even still, posting some clear jokes like "Metz is going in" or "Eeeeeeeeeeeeej" is me more excited than a 0 seconds left win against the Vikes last year, Bandit? No chance.

It's kinda funny watching people be way more invested in being right, vs being a Bills fan. :lol:

Hey until Friday, I was one of these guys that was simply obsessed with seeing EJ fail and as a result, I lost track of who I really am: a Bills fan. I didn't really believe that EJ wasn't cut out to be a franchise QB, I just kept perpetuating this persona I had created. In fact, deep down, I thought the kid was a hell of a ballplayer. I scoffed at those who blamed him for the Houston game last year! Hello, earth to EJ bashers: Marrone set him up to fail. And not to mention, I've seen Tom Brady have a bad game or two. You don't see Belichick yanking him out of the lineup. Bottom line, whether they played him or sat him, everything the Bills organization did was wrong and a direct cause of his shortcomings on the gridiron. Now if this new regime would just see what we on TBD all see and let the kid play for a few years and THEN make a judgment on the guy, I think this team has big things ahead of them. Spare me with this Meh guy and this crazy out of control running QB. Still can't believe we're one preseason game and he hasn't gotten hurt yet! Give me a sturdy pocket passer like EJ who can move around and make plays WITHOUT getting hurt all day. Granted, EJ has had like three major injuries in his young career and Taylor, to my knowledge, has had none, but I think we all know it's just a matter of time.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I haven't really seen that. Maybe it's a silent majority.

Well BF4E is obiously is at the EJ end and Old School and guys like Kellyto83TD have had nothing but negative things to say. So it's pretty clear there are people on either end. Small sample size but like I said, most people are in the gray when it comes to the QB thing.

And sorry for naming names guys but it's true.

Edited by The Wiz