Ok, I give up -- EJ will be 3rd string or cut

eball

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, both Taylor and Manuel are better QBs than Cassel in real NFL games. I can't wait to see how awesome this Matt Cassel guy looks tonight and starts proving how wrong I am...LOL

No evidence of that yet. Meh even made the Pro Bowl one season. Can't say the same about the other guys.

You do see the irony here right? Cassel has had the most success of the 3 in real NFL games.

That was a long time ago. I just don't think much of him and if he does end up starting the season I don't expect him to start for very long. It's just my opinion which hasn't changed since the team signed him.

Selective memory. In the pats season opener you refer to, the offense went 3 and out on the 3 drives in the 4th quarter before the scoring drive you refer to. Defense gave them the ball again and again but the offense did nothing with it. Amazing the D managed to hold the pats as long as they did.

Of course SJ dropping that pass on 3rd down didn't help either.

It's a shame that this isn't 2008 or 2010.

That was a long time ago. I just don't think much of him and if he does end up starting the season I don't expect him to start for very long. It's just my opinion which hasn't changed since the team signed him.

Again, I am not a Cassel fan. It is just odd that the guy that we are sure can't be effective in an NFL game is the one with the longest track record of being successful in an NFL game.

Well in fairness, I don't think the bills have made adjustments at any point in the last two years at half time. Curious what Orton did after half time. Got the time section122?

LOL! I just tried to look up Orton on NFL.com and they don't have him listed in the stats at all for current or historical player.

Yeah its Friday lol... http://www.nfl.com/player/kyleorton/2506444/situationalstats

Same crappy format and I should add the caveat that both of these are 2014 only.

1st Half 220 141 64.1

2nd Half 227 146 64.3

1st Quarter 100 68 68.0

2nd Quarter 120 73 60.8

3rd Quarter 99 67 67.7

4th Quarter 128 79 61.7

Last Two Minutes of Half 59 36 61.0

Edited by section122

Yeah its Friday lol... http://www.nfl.com/player/kyleorton/2506444/situationalstats

Same crappy format and I should add the caveat that both of these are 2014 only.

1st Half 220 141 64.1

2nd Half 227 146 64.3

1st Quarter 100 68 68.0

2nd Quarter 120 73 60.8

3rd Quarter 99 67 67.7

4th Quarter 128 79 61.7

Last Two Minutes of Half 59 36 61.0

I assumed they were 2014 only but either way. Good to see how things lined up.

IMO, both Taylor and Manuel are better QBs than Cassel in real NFL games. I can't wait to see how awesome this Matt Cassel guy looks tonight and starts proving how wrong I am...LOL

Taylor has never even started an NFL game... I don;t think...

No evidence of that yet. Meh even made the Pro Bowl one season. Can't say the same about the other guys.

I hate this. Yes he made the Pro Bowl. I will give you that. 7 years ago he made the lone pro bowl of his career. Playing on a team that average 38.6 point per game the year before and set all sorts of records. Playing QB for a team that almost went undefeated the year before. He led them to 25.6 ppg which was almost 2 tds a game worse than the year before.

So the gap from Tom Brady to Matt Cassel is 5 wins and 13 points per game....

And can we drop the argument that we only need a QB to hand the ball off and manage the game and throw limited/high probability passes. That's all good and well in pretend land, but what about all of the times we are down points and have to abandon that and open the field and throw...in succession...successfully...to move the ball down the field. I don't need a game manager on 3rd and 16 in the fourth. I need a threat.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

I hate this. Yes he made the Pro Bowl. I will give you that. 7 years ago he made the lone pro bowl of his career. Playing on a team that average 38.6 point per game the year before and set all sorts of records. Playing QB for a team that almost went undefeated the year before. He led them to 25.6 ppg which was almost 2 tds a game worse than the year before.

So the gap from Tom Brady to Matt Cassel is 5 wins and 13 points per game....

So.... this makes T.T. a better QB???